• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all!

I was transferred to the ward quite quickly. I just had a fluids line in at the time. It was now 5pm. I was still groggy of course and looking forward to seeing my family at visiting time. They arrived at about 7.30. It was nice to feel quite awake and speak to everyone. I looked a bit peaky they tell me!
After the family left I asked for some pain relief. They gave me paracetamol on drip. This did help!

I had a very restless night as struggled to get comfortable which of course is understandable. A poor chap across the way from me was being sick pretty much constantly. Apparently he'd had cancer of the colon so had to have most of it removed. In fact I was the only person on the ward recovering from WLS. It made me feel really guilty to be honest. All these poor people suffering and I was the only one who'd done this to myself voluntarily..

On a lighter note I was expecting to be in hospital at least until Monday as figured Miss Rotundo would be off on Sunday. So imagine my relief when she visited me in the morning! She asked me if I felt ok to go home. I did and so by 3.00pm I was discharged!
She also said my liver was really small so I was glad that my efforts on the LSD were successful! She said everything went well which I was very relieved about!
So at the moment I'm on day 2 after surgery. Feeling a bit tender still but slept better last night.
I've been reading through some peoples diaries on here today to try and get an idea of what to expect in the coming weeks and months. It's all very daunting but hopefully I'll be ok!

Congrats on your surgery, glad it all went well.
I'm going for my bypass on Friday and the nerves are starting to kick in now. Little bit down about the amount of weight lost on the LSD only 9lb but got 3 days left, just hope my liver has shrunk.
Steve

Last edited:
Thanks for all the details post-op, it's very helpful to read and helps put my mind at ease. Well done on the small liver too, what a compliment eh! Many congratulations, your new life awaits. :) Looking forward to following your journey. I'm 7 weeks behind you!

Good luck for Friday Gippa :)

Glad it all went well, excellent details on what happened. Good luck with the rest of your journey x

Hi Gippa! I think I only lost about 11 lbs scale weight on the LSD diet so sure your liver will be fine, just keep going with it! All the best for you op on Friday I'm sure you'll be fine!

Hi BFB! I'm glad you found it helpful. I was worried I was too in depth with it! Good luck with your surgery too! All the best!

Hi BFB! I'm glad you found it helpful. I was worried I was too in depth with it! Good luck with your surgery too! All the best!

Oh no, it's been really helpful, thank you. Hope you're getting ok today :)

Hi andibee! I'm doing really well no pain. I was in discomfort for about 10 days after surgery but now I'm fine. Biggest issue has been the dreaded constipation! I'm now taking Laxido and that is helping. I'm down 12 pounds since surgery but have stalled for about 4 days now :-(

Well, today I've gained weight again! This is the second time since surgery! I'm trying not to get down about but it's sooo frustrating!! I'm now on puréed foods so dunno if that's the problem. So far no dumping ( he says gratefully and hopefully!)

Well, today I've gained weight again! This is the second time since surgery! I'm trying not to get down about but it's sooo frustrating!! I'm now on puréed foods so dunno if that's the problem. So far no dumping ( he says gratefully and hopefully!)

Good luck today healthyj xxxx hope all goes well and your not in touch much pain x

Congratulations, how are things now? I am also from Stoke and hoping Miss Rotundo will be doing my op, although I am only just beginning my journey, have only met the dieticians and the endrocrinology team so far and had bloods done, so quite away to go yet. It is good to read about someone's journey that is local.

Hi Sue, thanks very much! I'm doing really well still. Weight is going down slowly but every bit helps! Still no dumping which I'm happy about.
I hope you do get Miss Rotundo she's really lovely. Time will soon pass and you'll be on the losers bench before you know it! All the best!!

Congratulations on the no dumping :) And on your losses so far. Best wishes :)

Hi all just thought I'd pop in and say hi i was sleeved 25/09/14 by miss rotundo and I can't thank her enough she was fantastic really calmed my nerves as I was petrified ive lost 34kg so far so almost 1 stone per month still loosing steadily, had no side effects at all really best thing I ever done :) good luck sue too she is wonderful really x

Hi all just thought I'd pop in and say hi i was sleeved 25/09/14 by miss rotundo and I can't thank her enough she was fantastic really calmed my nerves as I was petrified ive lost 34kg so far so almost 1 stone per month still loosing steadily, had no side effects at all really best thing I ever done :) good luck sue too she is wonderful really x
Congratulations on you success, hope I'm as successful

Back