• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mrs Q's band diary

MrsQ that's bloody amazing!!!!!! I'm weighing tomorrow, but I was hoping for a few pound off post op.....only lost 9lb in pre-op diet......please please please......I know it's a long haul, but want that mental boost of loosing some after feeling pants!

Zxx

Thanks bex,I'm able to eat more too but that's still not a lot
How was your first day back x

I'm sure you'll do it lovelyzobo just remember a loss is a loss as long as it's going down not up x
I'm a serial weigher which I need to stop and just stick to once a week but it soooo hard x
I'll weigh again tomorrow lol x

I know! Just inpatient......as I'm sure we all are! 1 week weigh in tomorrow?! Xxx

Because if the way I feel today,, iv had some Mash potato however I now wish I hadn't, iv now got a pain in my side, I'm assuming it's where my band is, it feels a bit like a stitch.
Lol so much for eager beaver Bex lol.
Iv also a serial weigher!! 2 weeks on pre op I had lost 11lbs, first week peer op iv lost 2.5 lbs. happy with that, every person is going to have different weightloss from week to week. All I ask of my body is that it's consistent, I think I'll b able to cope better with the dreaded stalls if I have already consistently lost a chunk xx

I've been getting that stitch like pain as well.....but just in general not after food (liquids still at the moment).....aiming for purée on Wednesday! Xx

Yer I get it in general too, that's when I try to take some pain killers, I must say though, day 6 I'm only taking them when I need to, previous days I was waiting for the 4 hour intervals to come as I was desperate for more pain relief. That in itself is good news and shows things are calming down inside! Yey xx

Your doing great bex :)
Try and stick to fluids for the 2 weeks tho just to make sure the band has bedded in and the swellings gone down
I made everyone a veggie curry today and I took a mouthful while cooking it and then realised what I'd done and spat it out lol
I've been craving toast it smells so good xx

Your doing great bex :) Try and stick to fluids for the 2 weeks tho just to make sure the band has bedded in and the swellings gone down I made everyone a veggie curry today and I took a mouthful while cooking it and then realised what I'd done and spat it out lol I've been craving toast it smells so good xx

Aww thanks mrs q!! It seems head hunger is a naughty bugger!! It's as much about fighting the demons in out minds as well as making correct informed choices on food/lifestyle.
I'm definitely going to stick to fluids for the next week, even if I have a whole tin of soup instead of half, I'd rather do that n feel satisfied.
Curry sounds lovely lol it's all I want, I want some spicy flavour in my life lol. Only 7 says the can have more flavoursome dishes I suppose lol.
We will have to keep each other on the straight and narrow! Xx

How about multigwany (omg NOT how you spell it!!) well spicy curry soup thing! Xxx

Mines, fluids 1 week, purée 1 week, then 2 weeks soft and crunchy then 'normal diet'....... They obviously mean, pizza, fish and chips and cake with that last statement! �� xxx

Haha zobo!! I'm with u on that last comment!! I live for chip ship chips and curry sauce lol that's obviously what got me in this predicament to start with lol but ud like to think I could still have my fancies every now and again!! Xx

Don't know about you bex but my appitite has come back with a vengance so can't wait for next week x

Don't know about you bex but my appitite has come back with a vengance so can't wait for next week x

You're so right mrs q!! Mine came back pretty quickly!! That's why I had mash!! I cannot wait to have soft mushy pasta!! Xx

Well I'm starving but hardly eaten anything today coz I'm bloated with constipation sorry tmi lol,and I'm sick of slim fast shakes and boring soup roll on Tuesday
Rant over!!

Oh crumbs.....I'm eating my purée like a hog! Hunger has 100% come back (seems way quicker than previously with my bypass!).

Got to just pray I still loose! I really really wanted to get 3lb a week from now on.....no idea if that's possible!!! Xxxx

Anything is possible if u put ur mind to it zobo!! Maybe walk more and try n be more active even if it's just a little, that will help speed ur weightloss up.
Mrs q I'm the same, havnt gone to the toilet properly since mid LSD. I'd love to have an empty bowel!! Lol no such thing as tmi on here love!
Iv started with mash n gravy on a night, I feel ready and I only have a small amount and it satisfies me. I can no longer cope with another soup or shake in my day. Hope ur weightloss is going good, my 4th weigh day this Sunday I'm hoping to see the next number down on the scales xx

bex can I ask a question. sorry ive just got so much to learn before my band (4more sleeps woho).
when u say mash satisfied u. do u mean u were ful? and how much? I just dont know what to expect x

bex can I ask a question. sorry ive just got so much to learn before my band (4more sleeps woho). when u say mash satisfied u. do u mean u were ful? and how much? I just dont know what to expect x

I'm so excited for u!! Well done on ur lsd, don't worry about questions! I was exactly the same and I still am, we will always be learning.
Yes u was full to the point of I couldn't eat any more, it does not feel like I would have felt pre band it's a different feeling. But I'm satisfied, I don't need anymore, I'm no longer hungry but if I do hav and teaspoon or 2 too much I'll get a pain in my stomach to the left hand side, I think that's my band telling me to stop so I think I need to slow down when I'm eating coz it may be I'm eating too much but it's taking a while to go down. Again I'm still learning too. I would say I comfortably eat around a normal adult portion of mash that would be on a dinner or Sunday roast, so maybe 5 tablespoons or something?
Hope that helps xx

Back