• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Water intake

What about slim and save? The shakes they sell are pretty nice xx

I'm fuming I've put on 1 and a half lbs, going to start using my nutribullet to make shakes

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

You're right alf reason the weight loss has stopped is because I'm having too much fruit which is too much calories, going shopping today for some low carb, when I was eating low carb at the start I was getting full quicker and staying full.

Cani protein is our best friend. Fibre to keep us regular and low car all the way hun and piggin liquids ie water will melt the fat away. I'm crap with drinking water I'm really going to have to try harder.

Xxx

I am thinking the exact same thing. My carbs have been creeping up and up. I am starting my low carb today. Atkins phase 1 with a liberty yoghurt a day which will keep my carbs under 30 a day. Going to try this for a week to see if I can kick start my weight loss again

Imagine I was up crying in the middle of the night thinking I'm a failure and I've stretched my sleeve, then I read back on here no wonder why I'm stuck at 14stone 4lbs I've only put on a 1lb feeling much more positive today and determined not to slip back into my old habits.

Good luck kursty, we will all go through this together. If I can drop 2 stone via Xmas I will be over the moon, I used to do atkins all the time before my op, lost about 11lbs a week

Hi CaniSani, just read this post. I was thinking today that I am going to start the Atkins phase 1 too and see how I go. There is a man on youtube that has had the sleeve and has lost 6stones doing the atkins diet. How have you and kurstywursty got on with the atkins diet so far

Donna I do great the weeks I stick to it. But I have a hectic social life which gets in the way. Started again today. But ended up eating a scone :-(

I have no restriction and am heading for a full on Friday so hopefully I can get some serious weight off. Good luck xx

I've done Atkins 3-4 times and lost maybe 10-15kg. Then I'd stop, and I'd gain it all back. That's one reason why I had my bypass.

Now, I wouldn't dream of doing Atkins as the fats would make me so sick with dumping syndrome. Big block of cheese? Much as I'd love to, no.

For anyone doing Atkins, one word of advice.

Cholesterol.

Keep a really close eye on it, as its most likely to go through the roof on Atkins.

Hi Kursty, I had my sleeve Mid Jan and although I have some restriction its definitely aint enough for the weight to drop off. So I need to stick to something that well help me on my wljourney.

I was thinking to just stick to some protein foods like chicken and salads, chops and salads as I can eat this all the time.

However, today I had omelette with cheese, I could only eat half of what I made and haven't been able to eat the rest, although I have tried but A. don't feel hungry and B. felt sick when I did attempt to eat some and really couldn't.

I haven't snacked this evening, where as before I would be snacking by now and haven't although I had the omelette around 5pm. I really don't think I could eat anything else for rest of night now. So its worked, with my snacking and just hope now with my weight.

I do agree Big Dave, I will have to watch my cholesterol whilst on this diet but even if I do it 3 weeks on 2 weeks off or until I am sick of it. At least I will be able to move some weight.

Actually the current scientific findings on high fat low carb diets is that although the overall colestorol good up the mix of good and bad gets better. The goo stuff increases the bad stuff decreases

The new Atkins diet has more emphasis on smaller amounts of healthy protein. (No more pans of sausage and whole chickens unfortunately) and more leafy greens and green low carb veg. The fat .....well I don't have the high quantity I'm allowed. And stick to coconut oil and olive oil which are good for your lipids anyway

The idea of the band was so I would never need to resort to dieting ever again. Unfortunately this is not how it has worked out for me

Donna I wouldn't do the Atkins diet if I were you, it's not good for you and it's always left me light headed and without energy.

How is the weight lost going? I'm currently down 5 stone 4 lbs now I don't want to loose anymore a small size 12 was my goal, I am eating a bag of crisps a day to maintain my weight.

Back