• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Water intake

Donna I wouldn't do the Atkins diet if I were you, it's not good for you and it's always left me light headed and without energy.

How is the weight lost going? I'm currently down 5 stone 4 lbs now I don't want to loose anymore a small size 12 was my goal, I am eating a bag of crisps a day to maintain my weight.
I understand what u mean but I need to kick start my weightloss so jus gona try for 2 weeks & c how I get on.

Haven't lost any weight last week at all, hence y the Atkins.

I'm not intending to start a debate on here. Many people have different ideas on how they want to eat and there are very different views within the medical world

I being a bit obsessive about food (I suppose like most of us lol) and diet tend to do full blown research on all sorts if diets and foods. The tide is turning on low carb , high fat diets like the Atkins diet. Even the medical community are revising their opinions

The science is evidencing that low carb diets are very good for most people. Even SW has introduced a version of it in their new plan this year (minus the fat). But when you look behind the science of the high fat there is actually no health risks taken in context of extremely low carbs. When eating the carbs and the fat...major problems

But I understand and respect that it won't suit everyone but there is little evidence to suggest low carb diets are bad for you. When you read the research papers a lot of the funding for the more damaging reports comes from organisations with an in interest in the commercial food industry

What I would say is phase one of the Atkins diet is brutal and can be a shock to the system. This is why people feel so bad. There are scientific reasons for this which are explained fully. But it is effective. My pre op diet given to me by my surgeon was basically the Atkins diet without the fat - But phase two and three are well balanced and provide a healthy mix of veg, protein, berries nuts to meet all your nutritional requirements

If anyone has concerns about going very low carb PM me and I will give you some links to blogs and research papers ;-)

Now...... If only I could stick to the blooming diet lol xx

I'm okay kursty I'm fuming I've gained 2lbs, I thought it was okay to drink diet coke this weekend. Back to water and no added sugar juice.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I've had similar. I often don't feel hungry, & I can drink ice cold water and it fills me up, so I've been practising stopping drinking half an hour before I'm due for food, and I've started to notice I start to get hungry.

Cani... hope you're ok? did you drop that blooming 2 lbs.... we are surgery buddies ( few days apart)..... same surgeon etc... how are you, i have had a pretty rough time since new year :-(

i feel drained, i keep self districting and sooo taking my eye off the ball!

i need to up water yet again.. i try so hard, i know i now drink more post surgery than i did before but its still not enough really and when i do i certainly eat less.

you've done so well and would like to hear how you are getting on x

Rosy your at the beginning of your journey? good luck x

Yh I'm back at 11.9 and small size 12 certain people are trying to bring me down by saying my face is too skinny but hey they just want to get me down

Yh I'm back at 11.9 and small size 12 certain people are trying to bring me down by saying my face is too skinny but hey they just want to get me down Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Pay no attention to them!! When everyone is so used to seeing us overweight with rounder faces they take time to adjust, just like we do! Just smile and say thanks then concentrate on what you wanna do :)
You've done great, don't let anyone bring you down x

Hiya Cani hope you are ok? I've had a vile couple months... Since xmas really really worked my ass off like 50-70 hours week, been working today at home since 6:30 this morning but I'm done now.

Interestingly ive need to take some pressure off myself as I was so tired I wasn't focussed on losing and was then being self destructive and couple weeks ago decided to take a complete break, weirdly I lost a lb lol I think I'm 11.9 this am, no more big goal setting just live life, eat small, drink fluids and little 1-3 lbs goals I think for me, so let's see how I get on x

I'm good thanks alf I am weighing in at 11 stone 5lbs now, which I am happy about I do not let food control me anymore and there's no way I would get myself in a state again.

Wowwwwww well done missy toning pants lol I've just joined a gym because I need to move mire too and pull myself out a winter blue xxx lovely to hear from you and keep it up girl x

Hi all. So I am really struggling with my water intake, my skin in dry and I'm dehydrated. I get as much as I can. I forget if i take a drink in the night, im thirsty and just gulp and then it is uncomfortable and i start feeling sick, but making myself burp helps.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do?. At the minute i am probably drinking between 1-3 pints a day. Im finding getting the water down harder than the food, but i seem to have more control over the food with chewing and such.

I have a bottle of still water stuck to my hand all day, drink drink! Melon and fruit is a good suggestion and also a milky hot chocolate is a good one for me at that's protein too. It is hard, I average just over a litre a day so I know it's not easy.

Back