• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 days post bypass

Elly123

Hi Im Elly Im 38 I had a gastric bypass on 29/11/11. Im doing well Im just very emotional, I have lost a stone already and Im pleased x

well done Elly, that is great news..im 2 weeks post op now... your emotions will soon lift hun, the first week to 10 days my head was all over the place, but now i feel great... try to keep busy xxx

Hi Ellie,

I had mine same day - congratulations to you, you are doing really well - how are you feeling? i am still a bit tired but ok

Debs x

Hi Im Elly Im 38 I had a gastric bypass on 29/11/11. Im doing well Im just very emotional, I have lost a stone already and Im pleased x

Welcome n congrats on weight loss so far ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

well done Elly, and welcome to the site :) xxx

Well done Elly, welcome to the site. I am 3 weeks post op and I have lost 21lb. I wasn't really emotional as such, but if I watch anything soppy on tv I start blubbing!! The biggest thing I have found is I am so sleepy! I am struggling to get up in the mornings. Everyone says all these things will pass though. x

hi elly what a fantastic weightloss so far
wellcome to the site hope you feel better soon,
keep posting on here there is a lot of advice and support
on this forum,
take care will look out to see how you are doing. xxx

Hi Ellie,

I had mine same day - congratulations to you, you are doing really well - how are you feeling? i am still a bit tired but ok

Debs x

Hi Elly,

I'm another member of the 29th November club! Congratulations on your weight loss so far. I think that we all build ourselves up so much before the operation that it is inevitable that our emotions are all over the place afterwards. My dietitian warned me that I may feel a bit depressed - mainly due to the fact that I shall be on liquids only for 4 weeks - but this will pass as the advantages of the continuing weight loss really kick in.

I'm feeling great, just get tired easily, like Debs. It's all part of the journey and, as I said to my husband earlier, in a year's time we'll laugh about all this! :8855::8855::8855:

Hi Elly,

welcome.

Not had mine yet but soon I hope.

There is so much good information and great advice on this site.

Hugs

Hi Elly and welcome,
i had my bypass on 2.12.11 and lost just 5lb in the 1st week so you are doing fantastic. as for being emotional i was great the first few days but this weekend has been a bit of a battle all round and i have found myself in floods of tears for nothing. what we are going through is a massive lifechanging experience, if we compare it to other such experiences, getting married, giving birth, moving away from our parents for example these are all lifechanging experiences that turn out emotions upside down. It is just a period of adjustment and with the right people around us for support we will get through this. Big hugs xx

Well done hun thats great news xx

Back