• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 stone gone!

Lippyloirston

I just realised when I was watching the Wimbledon final yesterday, that the year before we had had a BBQ for my daughters birthday, and the photos brought me to tears:cry: (and not in a good way!).
A year later, 10 stone gone, and a 'new life' began, I'm in a totally different place. :D
The first photo was taken at said BBQ, the second one, after I had just got back from walking my gorgeous puppy in the rain. I don't think I need to say anything, the smile on my face says it all!
What a difference a year makes xxxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 285
congratulations! you look amazing!! 10 stone is a huge achievement! A real inspiration newbies like me, I am just at the start of my journey. Any tips or advice? xx

Wow if I could do 10st in a year I'd be one happy bunny, you look amazing xx

congratulations! you look amazing!! 10 stone is a huge achievement! A real inspiration newbies like me, I am just at the start of my journey. Any tips or advice? xx

Just do your best, no one is perfect 100% of the time. You will have great days, good days and bad days, but keep yourself focused on your goals. Getting healthier and happier! Good luck in your journey xxxx

Me again, on the back of my hubby's motorbike. No big deal you would think, unless you've been a large lady.

1) never agreed to let him take my photo, especially with the purpose of posting it on Facebook.
2) will I manage to get my leg over the back of the bike?
3) fat bird on motorbike - humiliating

Life is so different, and exhilarating.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fab weather!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 154
I just realised when I was watching the Wimbledon final yesterday, that the year before we had had a BBQ for my daughters birthday, and the photos brought me to tears:cry: (and not in a good way!).
A year later, 10 stone gone, and a 'new life' began, I'm in a totally different place. :D
The first photo was taken at said BBQ, the second one, after I had just got back from walking my gorgeous puppy in the rain. I don't think I need to say anything, the smile on my face says it all!
What a difference a year makes xxxxx
Congratulations - that is a brilliant loss. May I ask how much exercise did you do in that first year?

Chrisy

Hi Chrisy, not a lot.

I work full time and was always 'active'.

Since February, I've been puppy walking and chasing! Enjoy yoga, but nothing too strenuous. Fancy doing so fun exercise, so looking at a dance class or might try horse riding. A lot of the folk on this forum put me to shame, but decided I wasn't willing to make myself go to the gym 3/4 times a week as I absolutely loath it. :character00116:

Dog walking, yoga and dancing definitely more me :chores016:

How are you doing? X

Hi Chrisy, not a lot.

I work full time and was always 'active'.

Since February, I've been puppy walking and chasing! Enjoy yoga, but nothing too strenuous. Fancy doing so fun exercise, so looking at a dance class or might try horse riding. A lot of the folk on this forum put me to shame, but decided I wasn't willing to make myself go to the gym 3/4 times a week as I absolutely loath it. :character00116:

Dog walking, yoga and dancing definitely more me :chores016:

How are you doing? X
Hi - that is good to know - i am just four days post-op so walking around the house and garden. I will never be a gym bunny - so glad that walking and dancing are good. Hope to get some swimming in as well as walks along the beach and a bit of boogying around the living room.
cd

Well done. I have to admit almost 3 years post op and I do less exercise now then I did before my op. I loved Zumba but the twisting on my knee leaves me in great pain also jogging/running any high impact stuff, doctor said don't do it stick to walking which I do every day but my weight has plateaud out and I have put some back on. I used to love the gym but never did I loose weight whne I used to go to the gym oh I looked toned up and I DO BELIEVE THAT IS WHY MY SKIN IS NOT AS BAD AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN XX

Well done. I have to admit almost 3 years post op and I do less exercise now then I did before my op. I loved Zumba but the twisting on my knee leaves me in great pain also jogging/running any high impact stuff, doctor said don't do it stick to walking which I do every day but my weight has plateaud out and I have put some back on. I used to love the gym but never did I loose weight whne I used to go to the gym oh I looked toned up and I DO BELIEVE THAT IS WHY MY SKIN IS NOT AS BAD AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN XX
That is an interesting point - I think the skin thing may well be a problem.

Chrisy

I do have loose skin. Trying not to let it become a problem. Spoke to my GP about likelihood of NHS funding a tummy tuck - no chance. Focusing on how fit and healthily I feel rather than the fact my skin is 'hanging' off me. Some days/outfits better than others xxx

I do have loose skin. Trying not to let it become a problem. Spoke to my GP about likelihood of NHS funding a tummy tuck - no chance. Focusing on how fit and healthily I feel rather than the fact my skin is 'hanging' off me. Some days/outfits better than others xxx
My surgeon told me that I will need to get acquainted with Lycra lol

I find wearing tight skinny jeans more comfortable as it holds everything in place and thers less flappage ;-) x

I find wearing tight skinny jeans more comfortable as it holds everything in place and thers less flappage ;-) x
Oh my - tonight I am going to dream happy dreams of wearing tight skinny jeans :)

Chrisy

lol good idea. Our apron reminds me of a smiley face if that shows through my clothes I do not wear or buy. You can look nice and show off ya figure without those unsightly bits showing. xx

Lippy so sorry I have just caught this post ..you look amazing hun and yes I went through a similar omg moment & I wrote a very confusing post in my diary a couple of weeks back in an effort to try and get my head around it. I even wrote a Poem!
I had a real sense of loss and guilt! It was almost impossible to describe how it felt. Writing it down helped me so much and feel I'm in a much better place now and think this was an acceptance that this is the new me warts, loose skin and all.
Good luck hun you are both lovely & amazing

Okay another photo update! Out shopping with my sister this morning, and she 'persuaded' me to allow her to take some photos. She knows I'm having problems seeing myself as I actually am now.

Anyway, size 12! Didn't buy anything but now I'm looking at the photos think i might go back.... Sorry about the naked face but I like to go makeup free on a Sunday. Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 112
Back