• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12th april 2017

Tracie workman

So i had my pre op on monday 20th and started my pre op diet today tuesday 21st march. I was given a list of foods which i can have small amounts of only allowed to have 800-1000 cals with plenty of liquids. My sister is very supportive as she took my list bought everything for me and is now bulk cooking some meals for me using the guild lines of what i can eat. Day one smashed it....

Although my pre op diet isnt that bad only 800 cals per day no fat i have noticed im having a few headaches nothing to bad but im wondering if anyone else has them and why/what can be causing them

As starry says , it's ketosis .. Do you have a penny taste in your mouth ? Peeing like a race horse ? It's also your body getting rid of chemicals you've relied on for a long time .. Just like any addict , your going through detox ...
Plenty of fluids
Xxxxx

Hello
I'm sat 2 of liquids only for 2weeks before my band op and I am suffering badly with headaches today but I'm told it's a big positive as your doing what you need to which is cutting out the fat and sugar :) paracetamol are my new best friend x

Nice going Tracie!! :) Keep up the good work. Its a great feeling when you're smashing it! feels easier to stay motivated :D

As starry says , it's ketosis .. Do you have a penny taste in your mouth ? Peeing like a race horse ? It's also your body getting rid of chemicals you've relied on for a long time .. Just like any addict , your going through detox ...
Plenty of fluids
Xxxxx
Thank you x

Hello
I'm sat 2 of liquids only for 2weeks before my band op and I am suffering badly with headaches today but I'm told it's a big positive as your doing what you need to which is cutting out the fat and sugar :) paracetamol are my new best friend x
I know that feeling ive been ony liver shrinking diet for three weeks and ive had headaches nearly every other day but im going in hosp tomorrow op on weds x

Well guys my time has come, addmission tomorrow at 2pm and surgery weds 12th unsure of time atm. Im out shopping for my hospital wear and i can finally say its going to be the last time i buy a size 20. Im excited, nervious and scared all at the same time, big changes are coming. Although i have to say ive lost 1 stone in three weeks on my liver shrinking diet which has made me feel on top of the world i feel my body is now ready for this. Will keep posting throughout my hospital stay. Wish me luck guys xx

Good luck, positive thoughts X

Back