• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12th april 2017

I have loved reading this and gained so much insight into what I will have to go through. I see the anesthetist this afternoon I hope to get some idea of a date for my surgery and if I will start the LSD and meds. I will try to do a diary of the surgery in a similar way to which you have, its brilliant the way you've done it, well done and thanks.
good luck this afternoon..

I have loved reading this and gained so much insight into what I will have to go through. I see the anesthetist this afternoon I hope to get some idea of a date for my surgery and if I will start the LSD and meds. I will try to do a diary of the surgery in a similar way to which you have, its brilliant the way you've done it, well done and thanks.
Thank you Stevie, I just think the more information on here the more people get to know what its all about symptoms and all. If its any help to you it was a 11 months after I saw my anesthetist. I know it sounds like a long time but it will go so fast and you soon be on your liver shrinking diet. I hope all goes well x

Well I have had my appointment with the anesthetist. All went swimmingly apart from the news of the LSD. I have to go on the option 2 diet which is not the milk diet but the horrible food based diet. I was dreading this as I hate most of the food suggested. It looks as though if I will be on a spoon full of slop per meal but this is probably more than I eat normally. I was also given a prescription for an injection for a blood thinner to inject the night before my op. I will be on the LSD for 3 weeks before the OP, whenever that might be, still no idea how long it will be.

What is on your list to eat. I was on the food based and i was so glad to be on milk for three weeks pre op and two weeks post op will drive you insane. This is a pic of the type of food i ate while on the LSD

Attachments

• IMG-20170406-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20170406-WA0002.jpeg
    569.1 KB · Views: 11
Hiya guys im just posting a photo of my scars just so thoses who havent had the op yet you will get an idea of what to expect when you wake up. Its not as bad as what you think its going to be apart from the wind...

Attachments

• IMG-20170414-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20170414-WA0000.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 19
LIFE SAVERS!!! Im a week into my liquid only and if it wasnt for these it would be a nightmare. These pots are 120g each and the custard one you can heat up so a normal day for me would be...
Breakfast: 1 weetabix with loads of milk 30-45mins i have a small coffee.
Half pint milk.
Lunch: a cup a soup or a pot in the picture 30-45mins another small coffee.
Half pint milk
Dinner: a warm custard or angel delight or jelly again 30-45mins after a coffee.
Evening snack: half a pint of milk.

Different people react differently above is what i can sustain per day little bits at a time sip by sip its not a contest dont rush it and if you cant finish it in one sitting put it aside and come back to it...

Attachments

• 20170418_190650.jpg
    20170418_190650.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 20
That picture looks like a good amount. The portions that I will be on are as follows,

Breakfast- 1 oz of cereal or 1 thin slice of bread with 1 egg

Lunch - 1 thin slice of bread with either 1 oz of low fat cheese or 2 eggs or 2 tomatoes (err)
Clear soups /broth/cup of soup
Salad (yuk)
Dinner - 3 oz of lean meat or unbattered fish or 2 eggs or 1 1/2 oz low fat cheese or quorn based dish or tofu (whatever that is)
Plenty of Vegatables (not one on the planet I like)
This is an example of a typical day, probably more than I eat normally I will probably put weight on.wht are your thoughts.

20170418_195951.jpg 20170418_195944.jpg

This is my breakfast bowl when i was on LSD i filled it with bran flakes and semi milk. I found getting a smaller bowl better and psychologically it helped with the portions.20170418_195951.jpg 20170418_195944.jpg

So breakfast i would have cereal with coffee or tea.
Mid morning have a snack i.e 1 piece of fruit like apple, orange, pear you get the idea.
Lunch scrambled eggs easy to do and filling.
Mid afternoon snack cup a soup, jelly, custard pot.
Dinner chicken salard or half a jacket potato with 3oz of chilly.
Evening snack a piece of fruit.

Drink water throughout the day at least 2ltrs.

This is what i was eating on a day to day basis for three weeks this is the most important part that you need to do because if the liver isnt small enough then they wont do the op. So what i done was set up a plan and ate same food different day this way i knew my routien and i lost 11.5lbs during my LSD. I hope this helps steve x

That picture looks like a good amount. The portions that I will be on are as follows,

Breakfast- 1 oz of cereal or 1 thin slice of bread with 1 egg

Lunch - 1 thin slice of bread with either 1 oz of low fat cheese or 2 eggs or 2 tomatoes (err)
Clear soups /broth/cup of soup
Salad (yuk)
Dinner - 3 oz of lean meat or unbattered fish or 2 eggs or 1 1/2 oz low fat cheese or quorn based dish or tofu (whatever that is)
Plenty of Vegatables (not one on the planet I like)
This is an example of a typical day, probably more than I eat normally I will probably put weight on.wht are your thoughts.
quorn mince is nice you can make a bolognese sauce or chilly sauce tofu i think is mainly for vegans never had it myself. but if I can do this i know anyone else can including you just think of it like its all worth it in the end if you really want the surgery then you need to start telling yourself that you can do this and its not all that bad really when you get used to it. any other questions i can help you with just ask away i feel the more you or anyone know the better

I'm glad you can take manage these I dumped insanely on them which is a shame as they would've been amazing x
is this how much you have lost already wow 220lbs thats wonderful. I have to ask when was the 1st time you noticed your weight loss how long after surgery? and how long has it taken you to lose what you have already? x

Scrambled eggs is easy to make and I do like them and full of protein. Are baked beans classed as a veg I wonder cus I do like them as well. Do they make thin sliced bread anymore I can't say that I have seen any for yonks I suppose I could toast it to make tastier meals or variety. I already have cup a soups at lunch times so I am used to that. I'm interested in the jelly and custard in your pictures but don't know if I can have them, there's nothing in my diet sheet that mentions them. My problem is that I find food boring I have no interest in it. All the TV programs about food bug me , I don't know what all the fuss is about. It is something you have to eat to survive just like water to drink. This is probably because I dislike so many food types. I wish I liked more I wouldn't be so negative I spose. I can only try my best and think about the positives and the end goal.

Scrambled eggs is easy to make and I do like them and full of protein. Are baked beans classed as a veg I wonder cus I do like them as well. Do they make thin sliced bread anymore I can't say that I have seen any for yonks I suppose I could toast it to make tastier meals or variety. I already have cup a soups at lunch times so I am used to that. I'm interested in the jelly and custard in your pictures but don't know if I can have them, there's nothing in my diet sheet that mentions them. My problem is that I find food boring I have no interest in it. All the TV programs about food bug me , I don't know what all the fuss is about. It is something you have to eat to survive just like water to drink. This is probably because I dislike so many food types. I wish I liked more I wouldn't be so negative I spose. I can only try my best and think about the positives and the end goal.
I would take one day at a time tomorrow is always a new day. baked beans are allowed on the LSD as long as they are low fat low sugar sauce in them. Thin bread yes they still make that should be in your local store or bakery failing that have medium with the crusts cut off. the jelly and custards are low fat and can be seen as liquid since i am going into my 2nd week of liquid diet and these are all i eat so i cant see why you can't but find out if you can just give your support nurse a call and she/he will be able to let you know. It is best to find out now all the little details so you are ready. Anyway if you can I got all mine from B&M bargains 29p per pot lol. The best thing with the LSD is that you can have only certain foods and you can mix and match so make it interesting to you as your the one eating it I sometimes had chicken marinated in garlic or chilli sauce I had that with a basic salad and carrots and swede on top of that the veg and salad is unlimited so I only had to weigh the chicken. I loved experimenting with different things.

is this how much you have lost already wow 220lbs thats wonderful. I have to ask when was the 1st time you noticed your weight loss how long after surgery? and how long has it taken you to lose what you have already? x
I had a lot to lose so it took a while for me to notice. I've had a lot of comments recently but o think it's because it's a lot more dramatically noticeable now. Straight after surgery I was unwell and I didn't lose anything for a while even put weight on. Just focus and it comes off just fine :) my surgery was 25th April 2016 so just under a year now. Just remember if you don't lose Any weight one week then keep an eye on inches :) xx

Warburton thins are good toasted. Only low sugar baked beans are allowed and you can have one no added sugar jelly on the LSD diet. :) hope that helps.

the only thing I really missed was porridge on pre op diet, invested in a wok and tried every veg in it. if I were just to steam the veg it would have been very boring, but in the wok with garlic, lemon juice, five spice, fresh ginger and fresh chilli it was great.

the only thing I really missed was porridge on pre op diet, invested in a wok and tried every veg in it. if I were just to steam the veg it would have been very boring, but in the wok with garlic, lemon juice, five spice, fresh ginger and fresh chilli it was great.
Making me hungry there dj lol i really cant wait to make food exciting

Back