• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12th april 2017

Well I'm all settled in my new home for the next few days. Blood has been taken and I've been left to my own devices as I wont see my surgeon till morning. There appears to be only two here that's having this surgery but I still dont know if I'm going down in the morning or if they are going to leave me till the afternoon, really hope its the morning.

Day one aftery surgery so im full of wind trying to get rid burbing like a broken record makes me feel rude but you cant help it. I habe 6 scare marks which all feel and look good. I am sore on the front and i was walking 2hrs post op i felt the need to hold myself on the front and im walking with a stoop. But i feel good im not allowed a coffee and some soup for dinner weather ill eat it im not sure but i am tired so i am sleeping a lot.

Hey victoria, im good apart from feeling sore and having back pain because of trap wind. Ive been trying to walk off the wind but im also tired as well but above all i feel better than i expected.

Ive not felt sick but wind has been a big thing for me. They dont give peppermint here just keep telling me to keep walking. They also took 3 meters of my bowl has that happened to anyone else. Im at the toilet peing all the time. Just enjoying my 1st cup of coffee now.

Hi guys i home now they sent me home at 6pm last night quick i know since i only had the op on weds. Now let talk meds i have loads calcum vits iron lansropazone these are the important ones all dissolveable ones and i have to take them twice a day. Other meds are pain relief and blood thinner injections for 28 days. Anyone got the same meds? Im having trouble in getting the drinks down takes me ages any advice plz

The injections arent whats bothering me its the rest of the meds all liquid form so when ive finished taking them im so full for the rest of the day i cant try and eat

The injections arent whats bothering me its the rest of the meds all liquid form so when ive finished taking them im so full for the rest of the day i cant try and eat

Ugh, I wish mine were liquid form.. mine are all giant capsules that fill me up, make me gag as I take them (almost puked a few times) and cause me horrible trapped wind.
Thank gods for infacol..
Just keep taking them ,space them out a little maybe, and sip as you take them so there's some nutrient liquid down too. So sip with soup or something

Aw hun you sound like you are doing so well since your op. You were moving around soon after hunny ;) good for you xxx

Hi guys, well its a week tomorrow since my surgery, and im walking and sleeping loads better still have a lot of trapped wind which i was at first conscious of but now im fed up with it and just let it out which ever way it wants too (i sound awful dont i) being on liquids this week has given me a new gratification for food as i have allowed my family to eat in front of me as just carry on as normal watching them eat has kinda been fun choosing words to discribe what they are eating and theres me with a cup a soup ha ha ha. I have for the last two days now managed to have a weetibix plenty of milk to soften it down but sure feels good to have a little texture. As for my tummy its black and blue and still swollen a little but no pain at all and im 3lbs lighter than i was b4 my surgery.

I have loved reading this and gained so much insight into what I will have to go through. I see the anesthetist this afternoon I hope to get some idea of a date for my surgery and if I will start the LSD and meds. I will try to do a diary of the surgery in a similar way to which you have, its brilliant the way you've done it, well done and thanks.

Back