• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12th april 2017

Tracie workman

So ive taken advice last two ive had 1 weetabix and 2 boild eggs last night i had mash and gravy tonight not sure yet but i do feel a lot better. Ive had my 1st b12 today stings a little but nothing to cry about. A little annoyed with my gp surgery has they havent updated my diabetic nurse with regards to my operation the only reason I had this op was to get rid of my diabetes for me the weight loss is an added bonus. I just wish the Professionals would communicate with each other

Tracie workman

My 1st post op appointment went amazingly well. Ive already lost 40%, i checked with my nurse with all the foods ive been eating and she was happy with the list i gave her. She said instead of eating bread as i wont be able to eat that anymore but to have toast because its softer and breaks down better. Ive had my bloods done so awaiting results i am now on tablets instead of that nasty drink stuff. She also said i can have a drink at my wedding which is in 9 days and also mine and my future husbands plan for trying for a baby in 18 months has been given the go ahead so here is to the mext 9 days and then oct 2018 when hopefully we will have pitter patter of tiny feet. Also went shopping yesterday and i am now in a size 16 jeans and top size 14-16 underwear and my bra size has gone down from a 42 c to a 36 b and i had to take my wedding band back as it went to big and ive gone down 4 sizes in my ring sizes.. everythi g is on the up and looking great. My next appointment is 30th may so if anything new i will update as always xxx

starryeyed

Hi Tracie just reading your diary, are you feeling better now changing over to soft foods? I took advantage of cauliflower cheese mashes up well and from personal experience would stay on soft foods as long as you can until you feel you can tolerate harder textures. Quite shocked you managed bacon and not surprised the sausage roll didn't go down well. Just be careful and if you have any questions we can answer them :) it's what we are here for.

Awesome news that you can drink for your wedding just be careful and make sure someone is keeping an eye on you as it does effect you massively differently post op - I'm a year out and still struggle with alcohol sometimes I'm fine and sometimes I get excruciating stomach pains.

Regarding bread, I still barely touch it (haven't had rice or noodles since op) a good bread to toast is the Warburtons thins - they also do protein ones now too! Add some low fat Philadelphia for added protein or even melt some low fat cheese onto them.

One bit of advice I will give is listen to your stomach if you feel crappy/ tired after eating certain foods or eating too much then try to adjust. It took me months to work out but it really is all trial and error.

Take care x

Tracie workman

Hey guys well my and my other half did it we got married 27th may it was amazing i was so worried about my food intake on the day but everything went better than expected. My nurse said i could have a drink so i stuck to malabu on the rocks it down really nice and never had no affects but you can feel the difference....

FB_IMG_1496084126873.jpg

Bling Babe

Congratulations to you both, you look amazing very beautiful x

FeeBee

Congratulations :)

Lottiewishes

Congratulations hun xxx

Bling Babe

Wow !!! What a difference in less than 2 months x

Tracie workman

I feel amazing. More healther i cam get up stairs now without gasping for breath, best desision ever to go forward with this op. The only advice i can offer to any newbies reading this thread is comitment listen to your surgens and doctors and most importanly listen to your body when it says its full stop eating throw away anything else on the plate. Be sure that you have support and there is nothing wrong in ordering a childs portion when your eating out!