• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12th april 2017

Im glad im not the only one who is having this. Are you feeling tired all the time
Not really, but I haven't felt the promised tiredness at all, I was told when I came home I would be tired a lot.. but I really haven't been.
It takes me a little longer to get up in the mornings, but nothing drastic

Not really, but I haven't felt the promised tiredness at all, I was told when I came home I would be tired a lot.. but I really haven't been.
It takes me a little longer to get up in the mornings, but nothing drastic
Ive got my b12 appointment now manaaged to get all my meds in order the only thing is i thought the vits n calcum would b in tablet form but no all drinkable whether this will change im not sure

Well i feel really gutted today guys ive only lost one pound this week i know a loss is a loss but ive gotton used to loosing 4.5lbs every week

I clearly spoke to soon.. period started today.. and suddenly allllll the fatigue
Ah so im not the only one. Im fighting it as much as i can but there comes a point when your falling asleep on the sofa that you just have to give into it and i really wanted to start my yoga routein this week...... not a chance

Ah so im not the only one. Im fighting it as much as i can but there comes a point when your falling asleep on the sofa that you just have to give into it and i really wanted to start my yoga routein this week...... not a chance

I worked the last 2 nights for night shifts.. and for the first time ever working nights I was fighting sleep.. Must be the massive iron drop we get this time of the month.
And I am starting my yoga soon! I have a copy of the Diamond Dallas Page yoga and I am itching to try it

I worked the last 2 nights for night shifts.. and for the first time ever working nights I was fighting sleep.. Must be the massive iron drop we get this time of the month.
And I am starting my yoga soon! I have a copy of the Diamond Dallas Page yoga and I am itching to try it
Ive been taken off two of my meds as they was causing me to vomit so they are searching for a replacement. Never heard of diamond dallas yoga will have to have a look at that i was trying to do the yoga dvd before my op but with so much weight behind me i kept falling so hopefully now when i have the energy i should be alright.

Well guys today im one month post op yay!!! in total ive lost 1 stone and 9lbs and my body is starting to take shape. I also noticed that my resting heartbeat has come down significantly pre op it was resting at 79 - 88 bpm now im resting at 58 bpm also my diabetes has now gone and it would appear my ovaries are getting better as well. This is the best desision i have made in a long time. It has given me a new life one that if you look past the tiredness the vomiting etc i am enjoying. #newlife #newme

Morning guys, so i thought i would treat myself to grilled bacon (fat removed) brown sandwich for breakfast and i wish i hadnt ive been able to eat the bacon but the bread is a def no no for sure it felt like it got stuck as it was going down even tho i chewed it to mush... im gaining a fear that im either not eating enough or eating to much i am listening to my body but last week i only lost a lb and this week isnt looking any better either so how do i know im dealing with this in the right way???

Hi Tracie, I'm far from being an expert but maybe it's a little to soon to be attempting anything like a bacon sandwich as your surgery was only 4 weeks ago ? Maybe others who are further into their journey can advise better xx

I was still on puree at 4 weeks out and in a year I've only tried bread a couple of times and its made me feel unwell. I was also told it should be toasted.
Were you not given a detailed diet plan to follow because there's no way I could have even contemplated bacon that early either. Your insides are still healing which is why I was told to stick to liquid then puree for several weeks post op.

I was still on puree at 4 weeks out and in a year I've only tried bread a couple of times and its made me feel unwell. I was also told it should be toasted.
Were you not given a detailed diet plan to follow because there's no way I could have even contemplated bacon that early either. Your insides are still healing which is why I was told to stick to liquid then puree for several weeks post op.
No diet plan was given, im on soft foods after 4 weeks and back to normal foods in another 2 weeks ive been eating chicken salads all week i have told my nurse and she said thats fine

You really should try and be careful with your new tummy as you could do damage in the long run. Strange they didn't give you guidelines... as I had to just be on soft food from week 4 to 6. Also been advised to stay away from bread unless really toasted (once on normal stage) as it expands in your stomach. X

You really should try and be careful with your new tummy as you could do damage in the long run. Strange they didn't give you guidelines... as I had to just be on soft food from week 4 to 6. Also been advised to stay away from bread unless really toasted (once on normal stage) as it expands in your stomach. X
I couldnt finish it so thank fod i didnt eat the whole slice. I have a lot of questions now for my nurse on weds x

Ok guys anyone who is 4 weeks post op i need help im really worried to the point where im freaking out that i may have done some damage.... please tell me what you guys are eating guild lines according to my nurse soft food is good for me but reading what ev1 else is eating its looking like in not doing this right so i need to put it right b4 anymore damage is done

I don't think a bacon sandwich would be classed as soft food, if I were you I would take a look on the bypass forum on this site for some soft food ideas and as you say ask lots of advice from your team x

I'll copy out the handout I was given for soft foods

breakfast ideas- weetabix, porridge or ready brek, shreddies soaked well in milk, light or diet yoghurt, scrambled eggs

meal ideas- minced meat, oily fish scrambled egg, baked beans, grated cheese, pulses or lentils, quorn. Over-cooked pasta, cous cous, jacket potato without skin, mashed potato, masked parsnips (no skin) well cooked vegetables, tinned tomatos, soft mushy peas. Tuna mayo

snack ideas- ripe fruit with soft texture, skins and large seeds removed- tinned fruit is good the stuff in it's own juice not syrup. Stewed fruits with no added sugar.
low sugar custard, milky drinks, angel delight or blancmange.

The texture you are aiming for is mashed food you could eat with just a fork. Similar to mashed potatoes with minced meat and plenty of gravy ( I ate and still eat Mr Brains Faggots for the texture, tasty tasty faggots)

I'll copy out the handout I was given for soft foods

breakfast ideas- weetabix, porridge or ready brek, shreddies soaked well in milk, light or diet yoghurt, scrambled eggs

meal ideas- minced meat, oily fish scrambled egg, baked beans, grated cheese, pulses or lentils, quorn. Over-cooked pasta, cous cous, jacket potato without skin, mashed potato, masked parsnips (no skin) well cooked vegetables, tinned tomatos, soft mushy peas. Tuna mayo

snack ideas- ripe fruit with soft texture, skins and large seeds removed- tinned fruit is good the stuff in it's own juice not syrup. Stewed fruits with no added sugar.
low sugar custard, milky drinks, angel delight or blancmange.

The texture you are aiming for is mashed food you could eat with just a fork. Similar to mashed potatoes with minced meat and plenty of gravy ( I ate and still eat Mr Brains Faggots for the texture, tasty tasty faggots)
Thank you this is a great help x

Back