• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12th april 2017

Nearly there-1

Please don't be disheartened, everyone journey is different and your recovering from two major ops! Try not to compete but take part in the discussions as all points of view need to be heard.
Not all operations are straightforward as I know, awaiting further intervention due to complications. I still come to look and contribute where I can.
Your input is just as valid as anyone else's and show clearly that each of us has our own individual journey to make. Take the support given and carry on. You are doing everything asked of you and you will be successful, but it will be in your time not to anyone else's timetable.
Give yourself time to heal and carry on with what you are doing. Xxx

Tracie workman

spoke to bariatric nurse today who said still healing as I had open surgery aswell for hernia and to not worry about scales
It will all come hunnie i woundnt worry if we worry we only start stressing about things we cant really control. Healing comes 1st and then your weight loss. Your body is putting your health 1st by healing.

Tracie workman

Please don't be disheartened, everyone journey is different and your recovering from two major ops! Try not to compete but take part in the discussions as all points of view need to be heard.
Not all operations are straightforward as I know, awaiting further intervention due to complications. I still come to look and contribute where I can.
Your input is just as valid as anyone else's and show clearly that each of us has our own individual journey to make. Take the support given and carry on. You are doing everything asked of you and you will be successful, but it will be in your time not to anyone else's timetable.
Give yourself time to heal and carry on with what you are doing. Xxx
Very true. I dont want my updates to upset or disheart anyone me and djajb have had a wonderful time getting to know each other. Support and friendship is the only method i wanted to give with my posts. Im so sorry dj x

Tracie workman

**update post** **ladies only**(sorry guys) ladies lets talk about our monthlys (sorry to do this but i do need advice) i suffer from pcos and b4 my op i used to have cramps and for the 1st 24hr i was heavy but since my op i have just had my 1st monthy i was a week early which is different right away. However my cramps was like contractions and really painful also i wasnt heavy for the 1st 2 days then became heavy so i feel its completely different. Any ladies had any changes in this department

Tracie workman

Coming up to my 3rd week post op i took some advice and started eating Philadelphia lighter pots which come with bread sticks great because they melt in your mouth but are they good for you as i am becoming rather addicted. I must tell you i had a bite of my sons sauage roll from greggs and had a real hard time in swolling it it made me feel i was choking on it so a rather big NO NO for me on them. Now in connection to my last post the monthy i just wanted to ask do you still think that being on your monthy can that affect any weight loss as my scales (which are unrealiable) say i havent lost this week and its my 3rd day on my 1st monthy after my op. Again any advice words to the wise anything that will help me stop my brain from overthinking will greatly be recived.

Tracie workman

A note to myself and anyone who is forgetful put alarms on to remind you to take your meds. I forgot to take mine this morning and took them at 3pm (sunday) and i felt like crap and was in an awrful mood. So please please please remember take your meds kession learnt now for me and my alarms on all set never will i firget again

Tracie workman

Its 01.55am monday morning cant sleep sunday was weird i felt so hungry so just been a day of Constant munching. On all different things from ice lollies to Philadelphia light cheese Pot with breadsticks is this normal?

Sorry to be writing so many posts i just had a lot to say and didnt want to put it all in one post...

witchlady

The monthly's are likely to be different for the first time at least due to blood thinners that you took! It's going to mess bleeding stuff up quite quickly, also we've just had major surgery and things are still in shock!
Mine's not due for another 10 days or so, my last one ended the day of my surgery (like.. win) so I am hoping that the blood thinners will have worked their way out more by the time I start bleeding. I was warned by my nurses that my first monthly was likely to be very different after surgery due to the blood thinners.

Also, as to the philadelphia pots, make sure they are the low fat ones and you are essentially just giving yourself calcium and protein, both of which we need!

Tracie workman

The monthly's are likely to be different for the first time at least due to blood thinners that you took! It's going to mess bleeding stuff up quite quickly, also we've just had major surgery and things are still in shock!
Mine's not due for another 10 days or so, my last one ended the day of my surgery (like.. win) so I am hoping that the blood thinners will have worked their way out more by the time I start bleeding. I was warned by my nurses that my first monthly was likely to be very different after surgery due to the blood thinners.

Also, as to the philadelphia pots, make sure they are the low fat ones and you are essentially just giving yourself calcium and protein, both of which we need!
Thank you. So glad to read that its all normal then and the pots are great.

_Victoria_

Hey Tracie! Don't worry about not losing any weight during the monthly curse. It can cause water retention AND bloating and both of these can add pounds. They usually come right back off after. Just drink lots and keep to your post op diet and you should be perfectly fine!
I read someones diary on here, i don't remember whos.. but she suffered with water retention a lot and sometimes she could add as much as 9lb one week and then the next it would be gone again

Tracie workman

Hey Tracie! Don't worry about not losing any weight during the monthly curse. It can cause water retention AND bloating and both of these can add pounds. They usually come right back off after. Just drink lots and keep to your post op diet and you should be perfectly fine!
I read someones diary on here, i don't remember whos.. but she suffered with water retention a lot and sometimes she could add as much as 9lb one week and then the next it would be gone again
Hiya victoria, i was fine in the end i lost 3 and half pounds which is very good as i normally balloon up during my time. I have noticed that i was on for two extra days normally its only 4 days but this time it was 6 hope its not like that every month now lol.

witchlady

Hiya victoria, i was fine in the end i lost 3 and half pounds which is very good as i normally balloon up during my time. I have noticed that i was on for two extra days normally its only 4 days but this time it was 6 hope its not like that every month now lol.
should be back to normal once all the blood thinners have worked their way out of your system.
I'm usually a 6-7 dayer myself, so I am wondering just how long mine's gonna be :D

Tracie workman

should be back to normal once all the blood thinners have worked their way out of your system.
I'm usually a 6-7 dayer myself, so I am wondering just how long mine's gonna be :D
Oh dear i had extra two days and 5 days early i spoke to my nurse today and she said this happens to every female for some reason which they havent worked out yet after three weeks of the op they get an added period whether they are due or not so ladies dont get caught out.

Tracie workman

Hi everyone quick question is anyone habing problems with discolouration of your teeth. Ive noticed this morning my two top and bottom teeth have gone a slight blackish colour ive bruahed amd brushed but it wont go

witchlady

Hi everyone quick question is anyone habing problems with discolouration of your teeth. Ive noticed this morning my two top and bottom teeth have gone a slight blackish colour ive bruahed amd brushed but it wont go

They might have been knocked/damaged, blackening can be a sign of dying teeth. Unless you've been eating a lot of licqorice.
Book in to see a dentist and get them to check them out

Tracie workman

They might have been knocked/damaged, blackening can be a sign of dying teeth. Unless you've been eating a lot of licqorice.
Book in to see a dentist and get them to check them out
I have an appointment tomorrow. But i have done some researching and according to what ive read this is a common thing.

Tracie workman

Not been online this week due to me feeling really tired and spending the best part of the week sleeping. On my meds list it says i need to have b12 injections every 6 months so something tells me i have to have one asap so booked in woth the docs in the morning will update you meds wise after my appointment. My nurse told me not to take the vits and cal dissovalables as it was to much for me to take and to eait till i can take tablets im 3 days away from being 4 weeks post op is this long enough to take tablets yet?

witchlady

Not been online this week due to me feeling really tired and spending the best part of the week sleeping. On my meds list it says i need to have b12 injections every 6 months so something tells me i have to have one asap so booked in woth the docs in the morning will update you meds wise after my appointment. My nurse told me not to take the vits and cal dissovalables as it was to much for me to take and to eait till i can take tablets im 3 days away from being 4 weeks post op is this long enough to take tablets yet?

Yeah, I'm getting my first b12 done this week to help me. Though I have forgotten what day.. I am gonna have to call my nurse and check :D