• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2014 Sleevies Food Diary/s

Going to try and kick start into the food diary again tomorrow! It gets a chore to me. I hate writing things down (due to depression - it doesn't help my mind to write my moods down etc) will be trying again!

Today -
B small slice whole meal toast, no crust. Half large egg scrambled.
S aprx 20g rice crispies w/SSM.
L 2/3 tin mac n cheese
D 4crackers 2with lurpak lighter, 2 with light chilli philli
400ml ww hot choc w/SSM 350ml water. Still struggling with liquids.. I've been drinking alot of Horlicks the past week to try and up them as i can't really drink water or dilute much now, I'm getting sick of it... It's sooo frustrating!

Normal food ??? Heaven !!! Let's know how you get on
I did exactly that yesterday with the smoothie, I like natural stuff, also had homemade mushroom soup well blended, managed 2 tsp.

I might add some body by vi to my smoothie as that has a lot of protein in, I think ? X

Quackers
For some reason I'm
Ok with smoothies but soup just makes me want to be sick !
Going to bulk up smoothie with vi protein today and see how toilet habits go! I'm 9 days out so I would think the anaesthetic has gone through also cant work out if my new stomach is just very windy and will always be so it if I still have had this far out? Whst do you reckon? Cx

Good luck on the solid food, so jealous xx

Adrienne
Good morning why don't you leave soups alone for a while then and stick to smoothies and yogurts then try soups again next week . When your on purée I don't know if you make your soups yourself you know what's going in them so you could try changing what you put in . If not it could be an ingredient that's just upsetting you at the moment but one day you can be fine with something then the next day it could upset you . Coffee goes right through me and I love it but I've gone really off it but il try it again in a couple of weeks . Yes you will have wind unfortunately I think that's one of the side effects I have a lot of wind I just keep burping can't help it but it does relieve the pain . Especially when I'm eating . You'll soon be on the food stage , I know it feels like your not cos I've gone through all those feeling sooooo depressing and you still want to eat nice food ?. Keep going 9 days in fantastic nearly the 2 week mark . Write down your questions or concerns for when you have your first meeting . What area do you live in ? I live in the north . X

Sorry just read you do make your own soups . That's great . I don't know what vi is ? But marvel has all the protein in that you need it's just the same as having a benicol . X

Quackers
Hi I'm
In the midlands thank you fir taking the time and trouble to respond to me xx
Google body by vi if you have a minute and see what you think I guess it's the modern version of slim fast which my dietician tecommends but I hate stuff like that, vi I can stomach if I add a load of fruit to it ! Xx

Hi adrienne I've just been on never seen it before , a lot of people seem to be advised to have those sort of things I was never told to have them just some marvel I know I wouldn't be able to tolerate them I'm so fussy . Ha ha . If the dietician advises you then maybe you should try it . I hadn't heard of any of these shakes to take for the bariatric surgery till I came on this sight . At our support group nobody mentions them and the dietician has never mentioned them it must be different in different areas !!!!! How are you today ? ???? X

Yesterday
B- slice of whole meal toast & 2 laughing cow light blue cheese spread
L- weight watchers tomato& herb tuna small tin
D- pasta and homemade Bolognese (1/2 cereal bowl) 1 slice garlic bread
S- hummus and 5 Melba toast
S- Aldi coconut&vanilla fat free Greek yog 1 small choc stick bar from aldi

Yesterday:
B = weetabix breakfast biscuits
S = mullerlight cherry
L = Sweet chilli chicken pasta from work restaurant (ate 2/3)
2 satsumas
S = go ahead fruit bake
D = ham and mushroom tagliatelle
small portion of cherry crumble with custard

Hi quackers

I'm
Doing ok, I have been naughty though! I've had primula cheese and chocolate !!!

Apart from that I'm nearly a stone down and am feeling a lot better just very very tired, I run a small business so I'm gradually seeing clients this week, but not driving yet my dietician recommended a few weeks! I'll be ok by next week though I wood think

How's you ? Xx

Hi adrienne
I'm ok I had my first piece of toast yesterday it was yummiest and it stayed down and I didn't feel ill after it !!!!!
I was also naughty yesterday I had 2 homemade ginger biscuits ? . I was allowed to drive 2 weeks after . It's normal to feel really tired it's because you not eating food so lack energy I still feel tired some days . I also keep forgetting to take my vitamins . !!!!!! I'm not allowed to work till middle of May as I work at trade shows all round the country very manual but I have RA and stiffening of spine so I have to be really carefu . I also work for my self . Xx

Hi

I work full time as a sales exec too, I'm only doing bits with my business, not going to go back to full time job fir a few weeks, too much driving and carrying etc.
Just saw a client it went ok but I just wasn't my normal sparkly self ? I'll get it back !
Siooooo jealous about the toast! Remind me how far post op are you ? Xxxxx

Hi
I'm into my 7 th week . I've been swimming a lot and done aqua fit as well . You'll get to the toast bit very soon xx

B- black coffee & then a satsuma about 11am. We were booked onto a circus skills workshop and totally had to run to get there. Holiday mode is not good for shifting our bums.
L- cookie from subway (not ideal, kids wanted to go there for lunch and this was a surplus cookie)
S- cockles and anchovies after going to market
S- cheese & onion seabrook
D- prawn salad with a caesar dressing

Having crisps and a cookie in one day ain't a good move as they are such crap sources of nutrition. Will be more organised tomorrow as we are out for the day again. I have a couple of graze boxes left so will stick them in my bag for emergencies. Oh and tons of fruit from market. It'll be cheaper to make a picnic too for taking with us. I'm irritable today so I do wonder if my period is on the way.

Eta just put it all into MFP and still only had about 750kcals today but it truly showed up that less than 20% of that was from protein, a lowly 10g. Need to start logging again to up this.

Last edited:
Today:
B - jordan's natural granola with ss milk
S - rice crispies square
L - 4 multigrain crackers with light philadelphia and chicken pieces
- mullerlight yoghurt & 2 satsumas
D - cottage pie made with extra lean mince, and swede and carrot mash
- mullerlight yoghurt

Today
B 4crackers with lurpak lighter (really didn't want cereal! And can't get enough of crackers lol)
100ml water
L aprx 20g rice crispies w/SSM (that's all I seem to eat when I go to my sisters!)
300ml tea
D ladle of chicken soup with 1 aunt Bessie frozen dumpling
300ml Horlicks
S 4crackers with light chive philli

I really don't know what to do about my fluids. I just can't drink even if I have a bottle of whatever in my handbag constantly with me. It's sooo frustrating!!!

I don't do well on cold drinks unless they're iced which is weird. Water I drank loads pre-op but find it hard now. NAS makes my reflux unbearable. So I bought a decent, totally spill proof travel mug and take hot drinks with me. I can stick it in my bag as it doesn't leak. They're avex/contigo and Costco is the cheapest place. You can order online if you're not a member. They're also doing a travel shake mug too.

B- 1 whole meal slice of toast with 2 laughing cow light
L- 6 Melba toast and hummus 4 grapes
D- 2 serving spoon of pasta twist & pesto, 1 tbs coleslaw, mixed salad leaves, 2 southern coated chicken gougons
S- fruit split ice lolly
S- 3 malted milk biscuits
Coffee and nas

Back