• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2018 Rickysmrs will be back!!!

rickysmrs

Hi all

I will be reaching 5 yrs post op May 2018 and it will also be my 50th birthday so starting 8th Jan 2018 I am going back to basics as I have gained 2 & half stone of my original weight loss and I want to re loose it again.

I will pop my start weight etc on 8th Jan because there is way to many naughty things still to eat lol.

By back to basics I'm hoping to just go to Protein & Veg diet plus fruit etc in a bid to shed the excess wish me luck!!!

rickysmrs

Ok so here it goes day one

Weight 13st 10 want to loose 2st 10

So today started with small bowl of Cheerios with skimmed milk

11 ish strawberry protein shake

dinner 6 slices Luncheon meat

4pm ish choc milk shake (so far so good)

For tea I have made a lean mince beef shepherds pie with added extra peas & carrots

No snacks needed so far but I have cherry toms on stand by along with some Monkey nuts if needed :)

slimkim

Good luck with your restart!

rickysmrs

Day Two wasnt so good!!! Don't think my stomach agrees with the skimmed milk protein shakes so I had to improvise.

I've ended up buying extra eggs & meats for grazing on and dinners trying to eat 4/5 times a day is trying but I will get there. I do suffer with Chronic fatigue so cutting out Carbs completely is not possible as they help to maintain my energy levels a little better as I cannot have caffeine for other health reasons.

Roll on day 3 (today)

Stomach has settled so definately not having protein shakes & just watching my intake

Breakfast I had a breakfast bar

11ish am mini scotch eggs

1.30 chicken strips with lettice & mayo (light)

Cheese & Onion Omelete for Tea

Cheddar biscuits with light clover

Up late son has chest infection so ended up having
mini scotch eggs at some ungodly time :)

Last edited:

slimkim

If you still want to give the protein shakes a try look into whey isolate protein. Its supposed to have less lactose so doesn't cause the issues regular protein powders do. How are you usually with milk products? I can't drink regular milk so drink almond milk when I want to eat things like granola.

rickysmrs

If you still want to give the protein shakes a try look into whey isolate protein. Its supposed to have less lactose so doesn't cause the issues regular protein powders do. How are you usually with milk products? I can't drink regular milk so drink almond milk when I want to eat things like granola.
I am OK with small amounts with regular milk but anything ore than a bowl of cereal affects my IBS so maybe slight lactose intolerance prob I will have a look out for the Isolate ones if not too expensive I can give them a go ty