• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

24 hours!!

zooboo

This time tomorrow I will be a proud new owner of a gastric band!!

I've just been shopping and bought many essentials such as milk, pouring yoghurt, smoothies, nas squash and juices, plenty of cuppa soups and a huge variety of teas.

I'd be grateful for ideas banders as I'm on liquids for 4 weeks!!

I'm getting taken out for dinner later by my OH We're calling it my last supper lol.

I suppose next time I post I would've been banded and starting my new life x

My best Zoe x

good luck, mines just after xmas and i start my pre-op diet of milk and yoghurt this week... hope your post op diet is more adventurous than my pre-op

Good luck zooboo!
I can only advise what's said many times here on the site. Sip, sip, sip water and juices, milk and stock cube drinks. Walk about as soon as you can and at least once a day every day. This eases trapped wind, which can manifest as pain in the left shoulder. Follow the advice given by your team and get yourself on the losers bench!
Also, try not to weigh every day, that drove me batty :D
Tip : if you have a smart phone, set a little pinger to remind you to have a drink every 2 hours or so. Worked wonders for me :)

Wishing you all the best for your op. ( when u have the soups make sure u sieve any bits out as your on liquids only & if the yogurts are a bit thick add some milk to them to make them more runny and ur get some extra protein in as well xx ) all the best and speedy recovery x x

Thanks guys.

I've decided to stay away from stock cubes as they contain a lot of salt and I've chosen soups with no bits. I've also bought a tub of tescos own version of slimfast to have in mornings.

Good luck Zooboo
I'm getting my band next Saturday ;)
It's coming in last now
I wish you a speedy recovery and keep me posted ...
Lots of love and best wishes Sue

Good luck today x

Hi zoo boo, I had my band fitted on 15th november, just over 2 weeks ago , and I feel great.

I had mine at dolan park and was only a day case, had the operation done at 8am and was on my way home at 5.00pm. I had very little pain relief and when I did it was only paracetamol . I did have trouble with the wind pain, get some peppermint cordial and have it with hot water, drink it as hot as you can.

I had read, read and read again about the feelings people had after their surgery and I was also exactly the same. Two days after surgery , when the wind pain still hadn't gone, I was upset asking myself why I had done this to myself and spend all that money !!!!! You may get this also, but try and stay positive, keep telling yourself that it's just to be expected and everyone feels this way. Go to bed, have a nice sleep and things will look better in the morning.

But, to be honest I have done really well. The surgeon didn't say a lot to me but what he did say is "if you follow the rules you will be fine " so I have and I am.

I had soup, smoothie or Cambridge for two weeks, just kept thinking about all the other diets I have tried. Now I'm getting really excited as I can have mush.

I was dreading how I would feel, but try not to worry, I feel great.

Hi zoo boo, I had my band fitted on 15th november, just over 2 weeks ago , and I feel great.

I had mine at dolan park and was only a day case, had the operation done at 8am and was on my way home at 5.00pm. I had very little pain relief and when I did it was only paracetamol . I did have trouble with the wind pain, get some peppermint cordial and have it with hot water, drink it as hot as you can.

I had read, read and read again about the feelings people had after their surgery and I was also exactly the same. Two days after surgery , when the wind pain still hadn't gone, I was upset asking myself why I had done this to myself and spend all that money !!!!! You may get this also, but try and stay positive, keep telling yourself that it's just to be expected and everyone feels this way. Go to bed, have a nice sleep and things will look better in the morning.

But, to be honest I have done really well. The surgeon didn't say a lot to me but what he did say is "if you follow the rules you will be fine " so I have and I am.

I had soup, smoothie or Cambridge for two weeks, just kept thinking about all the other diets I have tried. Now I'm getting really excited as I can have mush.

I was dreading how I would feel, but try not to worry, I feel great.

i have got mine on 29th dec with the same surgeon as u.

really good to see people feeling good when im having the same hospital and surgeon lol

Hi liquidgold

Congrats to you, it's so nice to hear your story too and how great your felling.

My op went really well but when I was in recovery I couldn't keep any fluids down so the admitted me to get me rehydrated and just keep an eye on me. But all is well I'm now home and I'm slurping on a slimfast.

My best Zoe

Glad to hear your ok ;)
Was thinking of you xx
Did you get anyway wind pain and how was it to wall afterwards

zooboo said:
I was ok walking. I've not had no wind pain as of yet but my shoulders really hurt!!

I'm so happy for ya ... I hope I can say the same next week ... Keep us all posted on how your doing and I can try and live up to you your now my role model xx

Glad your doing well hun.

slow and steady

Hi everyone especially zooboo.

I was banded on 1st December by Mr Patel; zooboo i think you were the lady opposite me. Glad to read you're now home and keeping liquids now!

I haven't had any pain and its going well so far. I am drinking a lot though (2-3litres, is that normal) - nas, milk, smoothies and not feeling hungry.

I had the runs yesterday but it all seems to have settled down now. Lots of wind and rumbling tummy but can't complain.

zooboo can you tell me a bit more about the diet we're supposed to be on. I skipped all the group meetings, dietician etc and my first appointment 2 years ago (yes, long wait) was with the consultant.

Any advice from anyone else really welcome.

Anne

Hi everyone especially zooboo.

I was banded on 1st December by Mr Patel; zooboo i think you were the lady opposite me. Glad to read you're now home and keeping liquids now!

I haven't had any pain and its going well so far. I am drinking a lot though (2-3litres, is that normal) - nas, milk, smoothies and not feeling hungry.

I had the runs yesterday but it all seems to have settled down now. Lots of wind and rumbling tummy but can't complain.

zooboo can you tell me a bit more about the diet we're supposed to be on. I skipped all the group meetings, dietician etc and my first appointment 2 years ago (yes, long wait) was with the consultant.

Any advice from anyone else really welcome.

Anne

Didn't you get a diet book from Beth the consultant??? I'm trying to get as much milk down me but finding that hard as I'm very sensitive to dairy!! I've also got a runny tummy I hope it settles soon!! I'm having smoothies, all milk tea, nas, cup a soups, slimfast and herbal teas. I'm in some pain, wind pain and pain when I breathe in deeply!!

Yep, I got the book just thought if you had met with the dietician/nutritionist maybe she told you something else. Pain was minimal until yesterday - i still have a very sore throat, but now i also have pain under my breast on the left and pain in my neck. It is very uncomfortable. I'm burping a lot so am hoping the wind pain will ease soon!

Runny tummy settled but came back again last night, I guess it's our bodies reaction to this 'strange' diet. Hang on in there I'm sure things will get better for both of us soon.

Anne

Didn't you get a diet book from Beth the consultant??? I'm trying to get as much milk down me but finding that hard as I'm very sensitive to dairy!! I've also got a runny tummy I hope it settles soon!! I'm having smoothies, all milk tea, nas, cup a soups, slimfast and herbal teas. I'm in some pain, wind pain and pain when I breathe in deeply!!
I did @ Beth, but i thot the dietician/nutritionist (I am assuming here) may have told u more. It seems to vary with providers though - i was told liquid diet for 4 weeks but a lot of people seem to say 2 weeks liquid, then 2 weeks mushy?

Back