• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd appointment at SRH tomorrow - wish me luck!

rachaelh

Hi all, well just a bit of late night rambling for me... i've finally reached the day before my next appointment (this one apparently with mr small - last one was with his registrar, but we'll see!) i've been a good girl and lost weight like i was told to (perhaps a bit too much if some of the responses to my earlier ramblings are anything to go from) and am in that strange excited but nervous place. Anyhoo i've had it in mind since the start that it was bypass all the way for me, as i was convinced i had the worlds sweetest tooth, however since the miniature one was born in january everything has changed, and its not sweet stuff i want its just vast quantities of savoury stuff, I still don't think a band would be good for me as i'm convinced i'd find a way to sabotage it, but after reading some of the successes on here i'm starting to wonder about a gastric sleeve. Question is do they do the sleeve op at sunderland?, and if so would i even be considered for it?

Anyway, ramblings aside, quick question for all you peeps out there, is there anything I shouldn't forget to ask about tomorrow? cos as you can probably tell my head is firmly in the shed at the minute!

thanks all!!

rachael

Hi all, well just a bit of late night rambling for me... i've finally reached the day before my next appointment (this one apparently with mr small - last one was with his registrar, but we'll see!) i've been a good girl and lost weight like i was told to (perhaps a bit too much if some of the responses to my earlier ramblings are anything to go from) and am in that strange excited but nervous place. Anyhoo i've had it in mind since the start that it was bypass all the way for me, as i was convinced i had the worlds sweetest tooth, however since the miniature one was born in january everything has changed, and its not sweet stuff i want its just vast quantities of savoury stuff, I still don't think a band would be good for me as i'm convinced i'd find a way to sabotage it, but after reading some of the successes on here i'm starting to wonder about a gastric sleeve. Question is do they do the sleeve op at sunderland?, and if so would i even be considered for it?

7 sleeves have been done at s/land they want me too have it when my band has been removed i refused they tryed there upmost that i have it as im used to living with just a restrictive procedure again i said noo i want a bypass and they have agreed, if you request a sleeve and u have done ya research they will consider it seriously as a restrictive procedure only.

Anyway, ramblings aside, quick question for all you peeps out there, is there anything I shouldn't forget to ask about tomorrow? cos as you can probably tell my head is firmly in the shed at the minute!

thanks all!!

rachael

Rachel just be honest with mr s about ya eating habbits so the right op can be chosen 4 u ok thats best advice i can give regarding talking to them ok, good luck hun x

thanks liz, you're always here with the helpful advice! i think thats probably the best option, lay it all out there and see what the suggestion is, and if the sleeve does turn out to be the one, by the time my turn comes round for an op they'll have done stacks of them lol!

they want me to go with a sleeve as im used to banding living with restriction only, but since plastics knacked me band and made me stop smoking ive become a grazer so thats what i believe i need a bypass now rather than a sleeve for those reasons x

how did it go today?

Back