• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band fill

missdmac

First band fill tomorrow bit nervous, hope it makes a difference as I feel hungry now and feel no restriction is this normal as I don't feel like ive had anything ?

Totally normal and you may not start to feel restriction for a good 3-4 fills yet. I'm on my 3rd one now & my appetite is definitely reduced but no where near proper restriction yet x

Oh and don't be nervous! I was and felt silly afterwards cause it was that quick and painless! Took less than a minute. Hurt me much less than a normal blood test.

Thanks was getting worried , because when I first had it done did not want to eat just wanted lattes and nothing else. So i got a bit worried it hadn't worked xx

All very normal I didn't feel anything till I had 6.5 in my 10ml band then wham it kicked in , how much is in ur band I had a defill for a flight to NYC down to 5 mls and I could eat a pit pony :( x

hi all
i have had one fill to date
i have 4mls in band
i am having another fill tomorrow 5th jan
so i am hoping this will restrict my eating bit more
as like missdmac i feel hungry but have tried to be careful

kay xx

I'm due 1st fill tomorrow to I have no restriction I could eat anything .... I have a 10 ml Band with 3ml in since surgery so hope he puts at least 2ml in tomorrow need the restriction only down 10lb since op on the 8th December

Every provider seems to go at different paces to putting fluid in your band. I had none in at surgery and 3.5 on my first fill. I had 6 fills to reach my sweet spot (7.25ml in a 10ml band) Although I started to feel some difference at around 6ml. Just try be patient (I know its hard) and you will get there and the hunger will ease I promise :) Good luck with the fill!

How you feel is completely normal. I didn't have anything at time of op but at my first fill of 5ml at 5 weeks it actually increased the appetite hugely, and I then had another ml put in 2 weeks later - that was back on Oct 12th - and I had another fill today.

As I have a 14ml band when I went today she put in 1.5ml to hopefully help me feel some restriction as I've had very limited restriction so far, and when I explained how I was doing, she was surprised I was losing 3-4lb a week on average.

The fills aren't nothing to be worried or nervous about, my 2nd one was the easiest, my first was difficult cos she couldn't find it and I had lots of needle holes. Today we discovered that not only has my port moved, its also tipped over so there was a lot of poking and prodding. Even then its only discomfort more so than pain.

Good luck! And take it easy post fill taking your providers guidelines and working with them - we have to go on liquids only for 3 days, then mash for 3 days before eating normal foods again . . .

Had fill today now have 4.5 in a 10ml band hope it gives some restriction weight now 14 stone 12 lb ....
Scars still very red ....
It was very easy to have the fill I was really afraid before hand but felt nothing at all ...
So pleased with that well here's to a big loss next week ;)

i must be the only one who has to do 1 week liquids and 1 week puree after everyfill! its torture but boy is it good to the scales xx

i must be the only one who has to do 1 week liquids and 1 week puree after everyfill! its torture but boy is it good to the scales xx

It's an NHS thing I think - I am on liquids for 7 days before purees for 7 days, then soft, following a fill. As you say, the enforced restricted intake is excellent for the kick-start we need!

I also find the 3 days liquid, 3 days mash kick starts me . . .but I also find that I don't feel hungry after a fill so those things aren't usually difficult to follow.

I think this highlights why its so important people check and ask their providers and follow their guidelines - they vary so much.

Well girls had my fill. A bit painful as the port had turned few attempt it worked 4ml in had a large band which now not sure how big it is. Now I thought it was 10ml need to find. Another fill on the 26th x

Glad to hear it has gone ok. They do move and as you lose weight, they move even more. Mine has actually gone up over 2 inches from where it was lol

A large band could either be 10 or 14mls (some places describe their band large but it is a 10ml rather than a 14) - pop your provider over an email, am sure they will confirm what you have. And well done on the BMI going down too!

Had first fill today and My provider said one day liquids and one day pureed after fill .. But I still don't have enough restriction booked second fill for 10th Feb and it won't come quick enough
4.5ml in a 10 ml band

Sue, it can take a good few days post a fill for it to settle and for that restriction feeling to kick in. When I had my first fill, I felt little for the first few days, but a lot of it is changing the food to make the best of the restriction and when you get onto crunchier foods you may well notice it. Also, restriction can vary, with TOM as well as emotion/stress levels too, so while the next fill may seem a long way off, you may also find that it changes during the days.

I had my 3rd fill on friday, and am on liquids only for 3 days, but while I feel as if it hasn't made a massive difference yet, I know that it does change during the month and you kind of find that it evens itself out too . . .but, so much of it is about making the right decision with the foods in between times.

I just had 1.5mls put into my band, so now have 7.5mls and it was 3 months from my last to my most recent. Although I've had no restriction, Im still losing on average 3-4lb a week with the positive changes in what I eat, protein based, carb limited and bang in the exercise too :)

Hang in there . . .give it a while too, you may notice with variations a restriction with certain foods - crunchy and filling the way to go :)

Sue, it can take a good few days post a fill for it to settle and for that restriction feeling to kick in. When I had my first fill, I felt little for the first few days, but a lot of it is changing the food to make the best of the restriction and when you get onto crunchier foods you may well notice it. Also, restriction can vary, with TOM as well as emotion/stress levels too, so while the next fill may seem a long way off, you may also find that it changes during the days.

I had my 3rd fill on friday, and am on liquids only for 3 days, but while I feel as if it hasn't made a massive difference yet, I know that it does change during the month and you kind of find that it evens itself out too . . .but, so much of it is about making the right decision with the foods in between times.

I just had 1.5mls put into my band, so now have 7.5mls and it was 3 months from my last to my most recent. Although I've had no restriction, Im still losing on average 3-4lb a week with the positive changes in what I eat, protein based, carb limited and bang in the exercise too :)

Hang in there . . .give it a while too, you may notice with variations a restriction with certain foods - crunchy and filling the way to go :)

Oh Topkat
I had no idea what it was really like and spoke to some lol I have now had 2 blockages and the pain is something I never wish to have again lol
1st was I forgot and drank through a straw and the second was eating to quickly

Oh Topkat
I had no idea what it was really like and spoke to some lol I have now had 2 blockages and the pain is something I never wish to have again lol
1st was I forgot and drank through a straw and the second was eating to quickly

Sorry sent that to soon lol ;)
I defo have restriction now just didn't notice until I went off fluids ...so I'm back to taking it slowly and I can definitely feel the band kicking me back to good habits ... Thank god xx

Back