• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band fill

Having fluids just goes to show how easy it is to get what could potentially be the "wrong" foods down - how easy that we could eat chocolate or crisps because they don't cause those blockages - but neither do they get stopped by any restriction - as my provider said, people can eat all of the wrong things with the band, most of them go down easily, and people think that it is the band that is not working.

Fluids slide through - one of the reasons post fill you go back to fluids is to allow the stomach again to settle down and the muscles around it due to being filled - and it always seems that everything goes flying through . . .until you hit that food.

It can also serve as you've found, as that reminder to slow down eating and to kick you back to those good habits :) Im hoping I will notice a difference when I get back to mush and to normal foods.

Although it is now 1pm, I've had a cup of milky coffee and a cup of tea and I still feel full - normally I would have had my breakfast yoghurt about 12pm, but its not even appealing . . .I can go back to mush tonight if I wish, I will see how I feel . . .

But yes, it can certainly be strange. You may also find that one week you will have more restriction than the following week, but over a month it does tend to even itself out.

As Jo has said here on occasions a good sign of potentially needing a fill is being able to eat a whole sandwich of 2 slices of bread. I know that I can eat that and more during recent weeks as my portion sizes have gone up, although I've limited calories and still been losing. Im hoping that my fill of last week tho, will now begin to enable me to utilise the band and what its there for (and what I've paid for LOL)

Take it easy and tread carefully with foods - you may find one thing is ok to eat one day, but not the next . . .or you may even find foods that really can't be touched . . .but avoid the ones that go down easily especially the ones laden with calories and fat and naughtiness lol

Having fluids just goes to show how easy it is to get what could potentially be the "wrong" foods down - how easy that we could eat chocolate or crisps because they don't cause those blockages - but neither do they get stopped by any restriction - as my provider said, people can eat all of the wrong things with the band, most of them go down easily, and people think that it is the band that is not working.

Fluids slide through - one of the reasons post fill you go back to fluids is to allow the stomach again to settle down and the muscles around it due to being filled - and it always seems that everything goes flying through . . .until you hit that food.

It can also serve as you've found, as that reminder to slow down eating and to kick you back to those good habits :) Im hoping I will notice a difference when I get back to mush and to normal foods.

Although it is now 1pm, I've had a cup of milky coffee and a cup of tea and I still feel full - normally I would have had my breakfast yoghurt about 12pm, but its not even appealing . . .I can go back to mush tonight if I wish, I will see how I feel . . .

But yes, it can certainly be strange. You may also find that one week you will have more restriction than the following week, but over a month it does tend to even itself out.

As Jo has said here on occasions a good sign of potentially needing a fill is being able to eat a whole sandwich of 2 slices of bread. I know that I can eat that and more during recent weeks as my portion sizes have gone up, although I've limited calories and still been losing. Im hoping that my fill of last week tho, will now begin to enable me to utilise the band and what its there for (and what I've paid for LOL)

Take it easy and tread carefully with foods - you may find one thing is ok to eat one day, but not the next . . .or you may even find foods that really can't be touched . . .but avoid the ones that go down easily especially the ones laden with calories and fat and naughtiness lol

Just the advise I needed xx
How do you feel today ;) did you go back to mush tonight ?
And you were totally right foods that were fine last week aren't this week ...
So back to baby steps for me for. While plus my friend flow arrived today and has really up the restriction is that normal ?

Yes it most certainly is normal to affect it, as you move forward, you will probably notice a pattern - often another reason why its good to detail what you eat each day in a diary, your losses and measurements, because it helps you to get an overall perspective over a longer period of time.

I have a coil fitted so flow doesn't visit me, but I can still tell where in the month I would be and I know that the 4 days leading up to it, I feel less hungry and I also notice a difference in the "bloated" feeling which I didn't used to before my band. So yes, its totally normal :)

I only had a small bowl of vegetables mashed up with some gravy, simply for the fact that I wasn't at all hungry. After the other fills I've had, I've been dying to munch on something, so its quite nice not to actually want or feel that I need to eat. So I will just plod back into the foods during the week.

Having a pear has been the only thing since I've had my band that has reminded me I had one, I can still eat them, but that time I ate it too quickly and I knew it. Other than that, I havent yet found a food that I cant have and my provider doesn't place any limit on foods that we "cannot" have - it is all down to the individual and what they can eat. So they do encourage rice, bread and pasta etc which a lot don't. I just don't eat them through choice as I strictly limit carbs and focus on protein :)

Glad to hear that you're noticing that restriction . . .it is also why its a good idea to give yourself some time before booking another one rather than rushing the fills and either ending up with too much, or having a full band long before you actually need to :)

Yes it most certainly is normal to affect it, as you move forward, you will probably notice a pattern - often another reason why its good to detail what you eat each day in a diary, your losses and measurements, because it helps you to get an overall perspective over a longer period of time.

I have a coil fitted so flow doesn't visit me, but I can still tell where in the month I would be and I know that the 4 days leading up to it, I feel less hungry and I also notice a difference in the "bloated" feeling which I didn't used to before my band. So yes, its totally normal :)

I only had a small bowl of vegetables mashed up with some gravy, simply for the fact that I wasn't at all hungry. After the other fills I've had, I've been dying to munch on something, so its quite nice not to actually want or feel that I need to eat. So I will just plod back into the foods during the week.

Having a pear has been the only thing since I've had my band that has reminded me I had one, I can still eat them, but that time I ate it too quickly and I knew it. Other than that, I havent yet found a food that I cant have and my provider doesn't place any limit on foods that we "cannot" have - it is all down to the individual and what they can eat. So they do encourage rice, bread and pasta etc which a lot don't. I just don't eat them through choice as I strictly limit carbs and focus on protein :)

Glad to hear that you're noticing that restriction . . .it is also why its a good idea to give yourself some time before booking another one rather than rushing the fills and either ending up with too much, or having a full band long before you actually need to :)

Thanks your the best ;) x
I also have a coil fitted and flow only visited now first time in over a year and feel quite boated and over night gone up 3 pounds ... Will start a dairy today ... Was going to do on line one here lol but that didn't last .... So will buy a hardback dairy today and start dotting the I's and crossing the T's ...and protein is now my new best friend ;)
Just feel wracked today and was so full of energy so I hope flow goes real soon..!!
I hope I can do as well as you xx

Why don't you join myfitnesspal? its a great place to log and record and break down with carbs, protein and exercise :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you set yourself up on myfitnesspal.com (mfp) you can add a link to your account on here as we have. Its the tiny blue icon under our wlsurgery.com user names. If you click on them it will take you to our mfp profiles ... So you can track your own food/activity but also view other people's diaries for ideas :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back