• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd day back at work, funny story , well i think so anyway x

shannon_hilder

ok so i just had to post what has happened to me today on my 2nd day back at work... as some of you know i am a nurse, i was doing the orthopaedic trauma clinic today(fracture clinic) and i had a young nice looking 29 yr old male come in and need a splint on his hand... i got an extra large splint as he seemed to have quite large hands..i put it on and it was way too big...i then told him that i was going to get a smaller size...i came back with a large splint..i fitted it, and yet again it was too big..i then turned to him and said " sorry, but you seemed to have had quite large manly hands" he then replied " i have manly hands, but my wrists are narrow....the rest of me is large" i then had a little snicker, and he giggled too, not really realising how it sounded(or did he?).... i then left the room and had to get the next size down... which fitted him perfectly, as i was fitting the strap around his thumb, i was frightened of hurting him...he then replied "tug it"... i then said "i cant i am scared of hurting you"... well you can imagine how this might sound for someone who was passing..but we were both laughing and having a little giggle, before he left the room he said "sorry for the sexual innuendo"...the point i am making is that although i have lost only 28 lbs, my confidence is growing, it has been the first time that someone has even spoken to me like that in a very long time, i dont think it had much to do with what i had looked like but it was my confidence that i was bringing across........ dont get me wrong i am a very happily married woman but its nice to know i still have it!!!

ps... not confidentiality has been breached here, as i had kept the names :Danonymous xx

A cheeky flirt is healthy! Well done!

It's amazing how different you feel about yourself when you have lost some weight, I know that even though I've only lost a stone I feel 100% better about myself.
Debbie xx

That's so funny! You've got to have a bit of fun at work. We do spend half of our lives there! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oooh you wait till you've lost 84lbs lol. I am officially a slapper now, except i don't do anything lol....

Would love to have passed the room when the young man said in his best Kenneth Williams voice ''ooooh errr Nurse, give it a little tug there's a good girl'' pmsl xx

See you just wait until you are in your tiny scubs then there will be no stopping you, they will be pinching your bum (with their good hand!) and everything xx

What a lovely story and a great moral boost for you too xx

Whatever puts a twinkle in your eye and a spring in your step!

Back