• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My little rant x

Kevin I felt bad for you and your sore toe, but that story about your vasectomy had me laughing till I was crying! (not sure what that says about me though)

Anyway I've always tried to live my life so that it wouldn't be the end of the world if someone found out something I'd rather they not know. That being said...try putting it into practice when a good friend ran into my hubby and myself at the local adult toy store! Still we had a good laugh and were no worse for it. On the other hand my hubby is a very private person and since we're going to be both having WLS, I was able to convince him that he needs to tell his co-workers as he commonly lifts 50 pounds or more and he's going to need their help and support.

I think we all know those people that consider the inability to lose weight and keep it off to be a terrible personality deficiency. I'm glad that I don't have any in my immediate family and friends, but I think that those people with those opinions have a personality deficiency of their own!

hi kevin
i posted a very similar thread when i first joined WLS
please check it out and get back to me.
i fully understand.
i had my gastric bypass on dec 21st 2010 and have never looked back. weight is dropping of me, i am exercising and hitting the gym, bike riding.
i only told 2 true friends whom i work with. as i felt it had nothing to do with anyone else. obviously i told close family.
i am not embarrassed by my wls, but feel its none of their business.
let me know how you get on
good luck
june

Back