• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wind Pains/Bloating for life after Gastric Bypass ?

chrisa said:
i HAVE JUST BEEN OUT N GOT MYSELF SOME kOLANTICON GEL, my tummy has been strange for a few days now so Hav ejust had 2 spoonfulls (teaspoons). Spoke to the pharmacist and he said worth a try so £6.03 at my local chemist for 500ml so lets see xx will take nutha 2 before bed xx

Lol...what are we like!
Lets us know if it helps you x

Well we have to try and get this under control, so that we can have a life without the threat of these awful pain episodes. xx Good luck to us both xx

OMG whata night lastnight, was terrible pain for hours coming n going thought I had a bowel blockage. Thought I might have to go to hospital was that bad at times. I was blowing off wind like the clappers, it felt like a big bubble with pain around my tummy button area then felt like it was trying to get through then it couldnt then it could and wind would come up n down was like that from 6 still like thta at 11.30 took 2 buscopan and was absolutley shattered have woken up been to the loo twice but feels bit bruised inside my stomach, what ahorrendous night. The kolanticon gel seemed to make thing sworse less it was just pure chance the way thiongs happened how are you getting on with it? xx

Sometimes it can ber but the good far outweioghs the bad, most people have little or no problems. I have had problems on and off with bowel colic bloody painful episodes last night went on fotr bout 6 hours terrible pains. xx

chrisa said:
OMG whata night lastnight, was terrible pain for hours coming n going thought I had a bowel blockage. Thought I might have to go to hospital was that bad at times. I was blowing off wind like the clappers, it felt like a big bubble with pain around my tummy button area then felt like it was trying to get through then it couldnt then it could and wind would come up n down was like that from 6 still like thta at 11.30 took 2 buscopan and was absolutley shattered have woken up been to the loo twice but feels bit bruised inside my stomach, what ahorrendous night. The kolanticon gel seemed to make thing sworse less it was just pure chance the way thiongs happened how are you getting on with it? xx

Hi chrisa,
I've had the gel a few times now,and it really has helped,but I'm wondering now if I'm going to have to use it for life!
I'm concentrating on making sure I'm taking my lazaroposole every morning.
I have to take 2 of these tablets every day so I'm going to see if that makes any difference.

widdershins said:
Nope, as Pre-Opper I dont - tell us! Share your experiences...is it really that bad???

Hi...it's bad when I have these wind/bloating pains,it's starting to get me down a little.
Not everyone gets these pains after a bypass but unfortuntely I do.
When I posted this comment I was feeling a bit upset,as my family are getting concerned about the daily pain I'm now getting and told me they wished I hadn't had the operation done.
But saying that without my bypass,there's no way I could have lost the eight stone I have.

Hi...it's bad when I have these wind/bloating pains,it's starting to get me down a little.
Not everyone gets these pains after a bypass but unfortuntely I do.
When I posted this comment I was feeling a bit upset,as my family are getting concerned about the daily pain I'm now getting and told me they wished I hadn't had the operation done.
But saying that without my bypass,there's no way I could have lost the eight stone I have.

Well, I certainly hope it gets sorted for you, it sounds nasty, to be in so much pain.
Think your family are concerned for you, and quite rightly so.
Hope the gels and potions work - dont lose heart. :)

Hi Emma was ok last night went out for meal with friends last night but brought most of it home, just the oddniggle as I took 2 buscopan before I went out, have taken 2 this morning and might try 1 at luch then 2 at tea again, I don't have lansoprasole any more.When I went for my hospital check I was 9 months post op and thye said I could stop taking them so used what I had then stopped if I get stuck we omeprazole in the house but don't usually need anything. The kolanticon gel said that it collects the wind bubbles together so that they can be dispersed, well n I think I had 6 hours worth of bubble collection with horrendous pains and letting of wind then the next pain and so the cycle wen ton till at 11.30pm i took the b uscopan was fuinally knackered and dropped off to sleep woke up with only niggles and feeling of soreness inside. Bubbled and groaned all day yesterday the odd nasty pain but most was bearable. I can feel my food go down then as it gets towards the naval area the soreness starts and thats when the pains start. Guna have to keep up with the buscopan and trial it again if it doesnt settle with that have to go back. IT IS VERY RARE i EAT THE SAME THING DAY IN DAY OUT SO NO PATTERN ISNT THERE TO SEE. XX H ave a good day xx

Hi chrisa,

Seems to me that your pains are becoming more frequent?
I got to admit when taken the kolanticon gel you pass lots of wind,which is rather embarrassing!

I was passing wind every couple of minutes then the pain was there again then wind then pain it went on like that for ages but the pain was bad, I have been lot better today 2 buscopan with me breakfast, 1 at lunch then guna have 1 at tea time , n keep me fingers x feels lot betta today though xx

chrisa said:
I was passing wind every couple of minutes then the pain was there again then wind then pain it went on like that for ages but the pain was bad, I have been lot better today 2 buscopan with me breakfast, 1 at lunch then guna have 1 at tea time , n keep me fingers x feels lot betta today though xx

Can I ask you something chrisa?
If you wear a belt or feel like your trousers are pressing on tum a bit much,does that bring your pains on?
Reason I ask as it happens to me,and I actually mentioned it to a doctor and I'm sure he thought I was mad!
But it really happens ...

Can I ask you something chrisa?
If you wear a belt or feel like your trousers are pressing on tum a bit much,does that bring your pains on?
Reason I ask as it happens to me,and I actually mentioned it to a doctor and I'm sure he thought I was mad!
But it really happens ...

I do feel uncomfortable with anything remotely tight or a belt, yes that sometimes sets it off but when it comes just need to strip my clothes off put on jim jams and lie on tummy best way but can't do that when we are at work. I mentioned that to my doc n he never said anything. I never wear anything too tight cos I cant bear tight clothes never have so its difficult when I put me jeans on cos I have to put a belt on to keep them up even then I can still get me hand down the waist band so they arent tight but uncomfortable at times. xx:mad:

Lol..sorry you sound like me,saying you can't wear jean without a belt as they fall down!
This is embarrassing,but I've had to resort to wearing maternity jean when I've had really bad days,but the one pair I own are great!

chrisa said:
what a pair we are have been ok today gain had me 2 buscopan with breakfast xx

That's good,
I too have had just a niggle today not much compared to other days.
So do you prefer the buscopan to the gel?
I'm gonna try hard with my Lanzorosole rather than keep taking the gel/buscopan.

chrisa said:
Not touched the gel since other night when i was crippled with pain xx

Just out of interest,has gp not mentioned about Lanzorosole to carry on taking? To see if that helps x

Back