• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wind Pains/Bloating for life after Gastric Bypass ?

Paul-H said:
Ok when you say your tummy area are talking orotund the naval area or under the ribs, you stomach is mostly under the rib cage area, around the naval area then that's you intestines and bowl, and hence my thinking IBS.

Hope you get this sorted soon.

Paul

Hi

The pain is below the belly button,
I'm just thinking if buscopan doesn't work is there anything else to try.
And I'm a bit Reluntant to go to the doctors,as I don't want to sound ungrateful to having this op on the nhs.
But I find it quite worrying I may have these problems for the rest of my life.
After reading and reading on the internet(especially American sites)as the gastric bypass has been preformed more and longer over there.
I'm convinced this is sometimes a normal side effect of gastric bypass,wind/bloating problems and kinking of your newly bypassed tubes.

Well I am thrilled to say all my discomfort has gone! The Kolanticon gel sorted it for me. I saw surgeon on Wednesday, he said to try the Kolanticon and see if it madeca difference - within 12hr ALL the pain had gone and I have felt fantastic since.

Lawstudent said:
Well I am thrilled to say all my discomfort has gone! The Kolanticon gel sorted it for me. I saw surgeon on Wednesday, he said to try the Kolanticon and see if it madeca difference - within 12hr ALL the pain had gone and I have felt fantastic since.

That's good,I'm pleased for you
Wish I can get mine sorted

Oh girls i went out yesterday afternoon bout 2pm, we were going out for a drink, I got home at 9 the others stayed out was crippled with pain from 6 pm had nothing else to drink till 8.30 then waited for our taxi, knew I had to come home and lie on my tummy that is the only thing that would shift it. Had 2 buscopan when got in and went straight to bed. Am up now pain gone but feeln like need the loo now but not quite ready yet but is pending. Trie4d lime n soda was just making me belch. My jeans qwewnt too tight but jusr need to take all clothes off when tummy feels like that, definitely wasn't food HAD NO FOOD SINCE MY BIT SUNDAY LUNCH 12 yesterday. :confused: am ok now though just missed out in the last part of tha night :mad: xx

Firstly so sorry to hear you were so rough last night. Perhaps the soda was just to much for your pouch, I've not tried anything like that post op, but sometimes I get similar pains & feelings for no good reason either I've eaten to fast or IBS symptoms seem to kick in. Sometimes a belt pressing in the wrong place makes life uncomfortable. I take a mebeverine tablet that u was given for the IBS symptoms & that eases the situation with explosive wind release & a little bowel movement or just somehow it goes away. Hope your feeling better soon such a pity you missed the end if your evening, perhaps the lack of food didn't help sometimes we need a safe nibble or two in between main meals along with the fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

chrisa said:
Oh girls i went out yesterday afternoon bout 2pm, we were going out for a drink, I got home at 9 the others stayed out was crippled with pain from 6 pm had nothing else to drink till 8.30 then waited for our taxi, knew I had to come home and lie on my tummy that is the only thing that would shift it. Had 2 buscopan when got in and went straight to bed. Am up now pain gone but feeln like need the loo now but not quite ready yet but is pending. Trie4d lime n soda was just making me belch. My jeans qwewnt too tight but jusr need to take all clothes off when tummy feels like that, definitely wasn't food HAD NO FOOD SINCE MY BIT SUNDAY LUNCH 12 yesterday. :confused: am ok now though just missed out in the last part of tha night :mad: xx

It's horrid ain't it chrisa,
Im definetly gonna have to go docs,I can't put up with this any longer. X

penelope1008 said:
Firstly so sorry to hear you were so rough last night. Perhaps the soda was just to much for your pouch, I've not tried anything like that post op, but sometimes I get similar pains & feelings for no good reason either I've eaten to fast or IBS symptoms seem to kick in. Sometimes a belt pressing in the wrong place makes life uncomfortable. I take a mebeverine tablet that u was given for the IBS symptoms & that eases the situation with explosive wind release & a little bowel movement or just somehow it goes away. Hope your feeling better soon such a pity you missed the end if your evening, perhaps the lack of food didn't help sometimes we need a safe nibble or two in between main meals along with the fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

U know when I wear a belt on my jeans that sometimes sets my pains off,
Lately I'm having to wear no belt but jeans drop down!
I was under the impression buscopan is also given for IBS symptoms,as this doesn't always shift it

Yep it is awful n painful there is no rhyme or reason with food or without food, yes PEn think you right bout belt even though it wasn't tight nor were the jeans i knew when i took them off i would feel better even fastening my dressing gow n belt can disturb it, it has been a little sensitive today feels bruised inside. I feel like this afternoon I have a a little bit of acid not full blown heartburn but bubbling away, have took an omeprasole but something just not right today had a buscopan after lunch cos could feel the pain niggling ever so gently, but then it went. I f it persists may have to go to gp myself it doesnt settle down xx

The Kolanticon is actually a medicine, but they call it a gel?! it is used to relieve the symptoms of IBS, that is when I first tried it after a pharmacist sat near me on a train started talking to me!! Anyway, when I saw my surgeon last week (7 days post op) i was in agony with spasm/bloating etc and i took my Kolanticon and he immediately told me it was fantastic stuff and best for bloating etc like I was having.

Two years I first tried it and within 7 days I thought I had been born again! It was amazing then and amazing now. Within 12hr of using it last week (7ml every four hours if necessary) all pain, bloating etc had gone, just like two years earlier. I now take 10ml at night and go to the loo every morning plus I take it around 2pm too.

You can buy it, about £6 for 500ml but better to ask GP.

Lawstudent said:
The Kolanticon is actually a medicine, but they call it a gel?! it is used to relieve the symptoms of IBS, that is when I first tried it after a pharmacist sat near me on a train started talking to me!! Anyway, when I saw my surgeon last week (7 days post op) i was in agony with spasm/bloating etc and i took my Kolanticon and he immediately told me it was fantastic stuff and best for bloating etc like I was having.

Two years I first tried it and within 7 days I thought I had been born again! It was amazing then and amazing now. Within 12hr of using it last week (7ml every four hours if necessary) all pain, bloating etc had gone, just like two years earlier. I now take 10ml at night and go to the loo every morning plus I take it around 2pm too.

Thanks very much,I'm going to ask about this now x

Lawstudent said:

Hi
Just been into boots the chemist,told them my situation and mentioned about the gel.
I've bought a massive bottle for under £5.00.
I'm gonna try it I've got nothing to lose.
Buscopan she advised was the first medicine they prescribe for wind pains,but I'd told her it did nothing.
This gel has an different ingredient so I'm going to see if it helps.

Chrisa-if you read this ill let you know if its helped me,as you are suffering like me!

Thanks lawstudent x

Good luck with it! I hope it works well for you too :) Go gentle at first, try only 5ml instead of ten as it can cause the runs! Two weeks post op I am only on 7ml in afternoon and 10ml at night!

I understand it is the Simethicone that does the magic!

Hi
Just been into boots the chemist,told them my situation and mentioned about the gel.
I've bought a massive bottle for under £5.00.
I'm gonna try it I've got nothing to lose.
Buscopan she advised was the first medicine they prescribe for wind pains,but I'd told her it did nothing.
This gel has an different ingredient so I'm going to see if it helps.

Chrisa-if you read this ill let you know if its helped me,as you are suffering like me!

Thanks lawstudent x

I am waiting to hear what effect it has on you hope it works and may well invest in some ta xx:8855:

Oh give yourself some time Emma, let the kolanticon gel do its worst or BEST we hope fingersx. Talk to CCPM he seems to be wiling too help and chat with and about our problems with our bodies and our minds. I'm game if you are xx you are not alone xx

chrisa said:
Oh give yourself some time Emma, let the kolanticon gel do its worst or BEST we hope fingersx. Talk to CCPM he seems to be wiling too help and chat with and about our problems with our bodies and our minds. I'm game if you are xx you are not alone xx

Thanks chrisa,

I'm feeling a bit better this morning,I think sometimes do people really know what a gastric bypass is really like on this site ???

i HAVE JUST BEEN OUT N GOT MYSELF SOME kOLANTICON GEL, my tummy has been strange for a few days now so Hav ejust had 2 spoonfulls (teaspoons). Spoke to the pharmacist and he said worth a try so £6.03 at my local chemist for 500ml so lets see xx will take nutha 2 before bed xx

Back