• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 days post op. Feeling so full.

Flumpyflower

Hi I had a gastric bypass3 days ago at dolan park. Not really having issues with pain , but I just feel so full bloated. Im unable to drink my target of water and shakes as I feel im going to pop! Are these feelings normal?

I had a sleeve but yes for at least the first week I just had to sip constantly because I couldn't get much in at once at all. It does get easier pretty quickly through I found. Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench!

@Flumpyflower I had my op last Thursday (5days ago) and I'm exactly the same no pain but not drinking the recommended allowance, I haven't felt the fullness feeling as I think I'm a did scared to push it. I just sip little and often. Xx

Yep, i never got to my target for liquids, as long as you are sipping as much as possible and not dehydrated you will be fine.

Hello everyone. How are you all getting on now? I have my surgery at Dolan park on may 22nd. Just looking for some advice. I'm so excited but now it's real I'm feeling a tad scared. Any advice will be much appreciated. I hope you're all doing well

I was just going to post about this.
I'm 3 days post op & im sick of this feeling.
I've been feeling a bit fed up & grumpy today as I've still not been to the loo either.
Does it always feel like this or does it pass?
It's like the uncomfortable feeling u get when u have eaten far too much but it never passes.

Hi FF,
Had my bypass Monday. Feet so bloated all the time. I imagine it's down to in part to operative swelling and the air they pump you up with. I'm sure it will pass (and the air too), soon.
Take care
Mike

Back