• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My post op diary- Don't look back in anger I hear you say

gweni

Funny, I can relate a lot of my life to song lyrics that one above pretty much sums it up.I can sit here and think why didn't I just......
  • Do this earlier
  • Get help sooner
  • Stop hanging around the people that made me down
  • Just eat less
  • Stop the relationship with food
  • Own MY choices
  • The list goes on....and on...

Today, I refuse to look back in anger at what I could have done should have done Today I am a new person.

I was banded 26th of November 2014 and this day will be like a new birthday for me because I feel reborn. Not in a freaky sense but in a I finally feel like I am taking control. All my life I have been doing for others and I finally do FOR ME!

My history can be found here on my preop Diary:
http://www.wlsurgery.com/pre-op-diaries/158135-take-back-start.html

So far -- lots of back pain and shoulder pain this is just wind im sure and i get the odd stinging feeling lower left side where I am assuming my port is. I keep feeling like im gonna tear it infact I am fearful of it!

This site has been so useful for me - I feel that I am justified in feeling the way I feel. When I was in surgery I was in a room with a lady having a bypass and she was so freaked out and her biggest concern was never eating chocolate cake again. In fact she was so concerned she demanded to speak to the surgeon holding up other peoples incl. mine surgery.

I looked at her and saw the fear in her eyes and I decided I will NOT allow food to consume me like this. I will not be sad, I will not grieve. I will struggle through it ask for help when I needed it and ask for forgiveness if I slip. Being a qualified chef my relationship with food has almost been sexual... I loved it... it loved me.... it never cheated it never hurt me well it was hurting me but in a different way. I felt I could confide in it and the answers I got back were those of toasted club sandwiches and croissants filled with ham and cheese (at 3am!). I wrote a breakup letter today to food as I believe mentally I needed to. I explained that we can be friends but that its me not it... used all the classic lines :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

The pain is bearable but I do worry. I am looking through my face book and other social media and realised I am always holding the camera I avoid photos my son is 5 years old and we have 2 photos together how sad is that?

I have decided to take a step forward I don't want him to judge women like I judge myself. I don't want him to not have memories of me because I felt too fat to allow them.

Today is a new day Ladies... I am taking it!!

All though I am worried im not eating enough I just keep drinking throughout the day.... trying to get at least 3 slimfasts in if not 2 slimfasts and a soup etc. I find the soups easier to drink.

Thats all for me today :)

Huge congratulations on taking that step to the new better you sweetheart.... i think many of us have had regrets as to why didn't i .... but they very soon fade as your new life begins........ spread those beautiful wings and fly sweetness...... everyday it get better and better promise........... just keep sipping and recovering ...........normal life will resume eventually and your go from strength to strength...... its not an easy journey but so worth while, you will learn a whole heap about yourself along the way :) keep posing here and enjoy the journey x x xx x x a very warm welcome too :)

All the best Gweni, luckily with the band I understand that most people can tolerate most things (trial and error) but smaller portions, but I do assume this can be a bad thing too. I'm too hoping this is the start of a new life for me. I look forward to reading your journey xxx

Good luck with everything.

It was so sad to read about your lack of photos with your son. I've been exactly the same. The same with videos - it's all the kids and hubby. It's changes now.

Fantastic post Gweni.... Honest, bold, hopeful - you go and grab it girl, the world is all there for the taking!

All the best Gweni, luckily with the band I understand that most people can tolerate most things (trial and error) but smaller portions, but I do assume this can be a bad thing too. I'm too hoping this is the start of a new life for me. I look forward to reading your journey xxx

Elaine this is a new start for you to be sure.... For us all. We will all be fine. More than fine- we will be fantastic. The first step is believing it and 'acting as if' till it becomes real xxxx

what a great post !

The pain is almost gone but ill be dammed if I can eat more than 200-300mls at one time. My new fav banana vit powder and milk drink makes me wish I did this sooner lol

Well one week post op and down 19lb in total! I feel great ... making liquids easier now 3 liquid meals and then 2 "snacks" inbetween lots of water

Gweni this is a great post it has really picked me up this morning ! Im hoping when i have much more energy i can update my diary positively! Thank you so much darling! X

Thank you im really concentrating on this being a lifestyle change not a diet :)
its hard and yes i sucked on a potato lol that was cooked it felt so goodddd lol it was like mash in my mouth.

I then remembered its better to indulge a little than binge on a lot.

Say as with everything in life, moderation.

I think that was one of my downfalls before WLS is that I never did anything in moderation. I always thought I did, but now I realize I never did.

My problem is I don't do moderation. As soon as I put something 'bad' past my lips, I'm off on a binge for the rest of the day. Think it's cause were in such a tight leash food wise most days

Back