• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 months to surgery! So much anxiety

Giggle

:( hi im new and so so apprehensive, surgery is scheduled for September anyone got any top tips or suggestion on helping with nerves its so bad already god knows how im going to get through it XxX

Queenykjp

Sorry to hear about you feeling nervous, it’s quite natural to feel this way, if your feel that bad go visit your gp and explain how you are currently, what is it your actually panicking about? The process? The procedure? The waiting? Try to relax easy said than done I know x

Parsnip

:( hi im new and so so apprehensive, surgery is scheduled for September anyone got any top tips or suggestion on helping with nerves its so bad already god knows how im going to get through it XxX
Hi and welcome to the forum, if you know your date let me know and I'll add you to the surgery list we have on the go. I was given a big run up to my date (I got my date first week in April and my op is July 24th). Its been tough Rey by not to overthink everything but just try and use the time to make your head is in the right place for surgery. I agree with @Queenykjp, try and pin point what it is that's freaking you out so you can rationalise it although a bit of anxiety is totally normal, if you were totally cool about it all I'd be more freaked out tbh
Where are you having your op?

Bling Babe

Hi and welcome, good luck with your surgery and keep in touch, I agree totally with the other, nerves and apprehension is perfectly normal but if it’s having a negative impact on your daily life you should see your GP, could you perhaps access some therapy or try some relaxation downloads to listen to ? X

Maria61

Welcome Giggle I think we are all apprehensive about this surgery but it truly is life changing and so worth it. I wish you lots of luck xx

tommycarpet

Hi!

Try and enjoy the whole process honestly! You're going to be in the best hands possible for the surgery, the surgeons have gone through this process hundreds of times and know exactly what they're doing down to the smallest degree, there really is nothing to be nervous about if you think about it!

Just think about all the things you struggle with now, all the clothes you can't buy, all the uncomfortable journeys and trips up stairs and then think they will all be a thing of the past in a few short months.

This is the best thing that'll ever happen to you, ever x

Bling Babe

Hi!

Try and enjoy the whole process honestly! You're going to be in the best hands possible for the surgery, the surgeons have gone through this process hundreds of times and know exactly what they're doing down to the smallest degree, there really is nothing to be nervous about if you think about it!

Just think about all the things you struggle with now, all the clothes you can't buy, all the uncomfortable journeys and trips up stairs and then think they will all be a thing of the past in a few short months.

This is the best thing that'll ever happen to you, ever x
Well said

Theukpk

I'm sure you have your own reasons why you're doing this, just keep that in mind when thinking about the operation, you're doing it for a good reason.