• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 Months After Surgery - Before & After Pics

amanda577

Well I have posted this before and after pic on the thread that I regularly post in, but thought maybe I must bite the bullet and post it in the proper section also, as hopefully it will be an encouragement to others who feel like they cannot lose weight, as if I can lose weight then anyone can!!
I know I am only at the beginning of my weight loss journey, and still a work in progress as I am only 5 months out of surgery, but I am delighted with the results so far, and am beginning to see a "new me" emerging, and I am beginning to believe that one day I will really be thin!!! The 2 amazing things for me I think, are the fact I can cross my legs again, and I can wear high heels now... Am really hoping to get to goal weight by easter, but maybe that is a little too optimistic. If I get there one day I will be over the moon...

Attachments

• pizap.com13573147268411.jpg
    pizap.com13573147268411.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,928
  • WORK IN PROGRESS.jpg
    WORK IN PROGRESS.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 791
:wow::wow::talk017:

You look absolutely amazing! Well Done you :)

Well done hun, and what lovely big steps you're taking to a more confident you :) I never posted my pics to inspire others - I posted them to inspire myself! The fact that they helped others in their journeys still amazes me :)

I just thought maybe it would help others if someone as useless at dieting as me could lose weight with the surgery, then it might give others the boost to go for it also.... I suppose also I post the pics for reassurance that I am actually losing weight and changing lol!!! But your pics Yvessa helped me to have faith in the surgery a great deal. You are one of a number of peoples progress I follow regularly. You should be very proud of what you have achieved.. xx

Thanks hon :). I think you are doing very well and i understand how hard it is to relax and accept. So many years o yoyo dieting doesn't just go away. But one step at a time and we will get there.

I think that is the hardest part yvessa!! You mind accepting what the mirror sees... I don't feel any thinner, I still feel very big and clumsy, You are right it's very hard to relax and accept.. I am sure we will all get there one day xx

you look amazing I had gastric bypass 8 weeks ago my start weight was 16stone 3ibs i weigh 13stone now i have been really inspired by your photos and its given me hope i could look and do as well as you. the last 3 weeks my weight loss has stalled so you have given me hope its just a blip.

Wow margo over 3 stones lost in 8 weeks!! that is brilliant.. I am sure the stall is just a blip, as we all have them.. I have had weeks where I have lost nothing and it can be a bit disheartening, but you aren't alone. You will probably find that you will have a nice big loss when you get out of this stall.. If you are worried about what you are eating maybe try posting your daily intake on the gastric bypass daily menu thread started by mayamoo !! I post there everyday, and it really helps to put it all down and to compare with what other people are eating at the same stage, and their menus give me great ideas for ways to get my protein etc, and we all give each other a lot of advice and moral support, it really has been a godsend for me, but I know it's not everyone who wants to post what they are eating, but just an idea.. Good luck for getting over this stall.. xxx

I totally agree with that Amanda. And I feel that I can eat more than other people who've had the op which causes me no end of paranoia.

I totally agree with that Amanda. And I feel that I can eat more than other people who've had the op which causes me no end of paranoia.

Oh gosh Yvessa!! Me too.... I get really worried about the amount of food I can eat compared to others who seem to eat like birds.. I worry that the op hasn't worked, and yet I'm sure you are the same, you know you are losing weight but still feel really paranoid that you are over eating.. God it really is an emotional minefield lol!!!

You three ladies quell any doubts that I have about the path that I am now treading on :thankyou:

It is and I have has to learn not to compare myself with others but work with my body. I seem to be able to eat higher calories to lose but can't go too low as I still feel hunger and I get the shakes. I have started following weight watchers for the time being as I am conscious that I am getting to the end of my golden year and I have slowed a little and I think it's more because I haven't kept any sort of eye on calories

Amanda you look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Wow :happy096:

Amanda, you look fabulous. I want to say I can't believe the difference, but I can because I know how fantastic the result following surgery can be, and the difference in so many people on here is astounding. I remember you and I in about August last year saying 'the surgery hasn't worked, we'll never get there' look at the difference a few months has made. Well done honey. Yve, I've started using the weight watchers formula as well as I think that I could eat uncontrollably too, it's good to stick to a regime!! Amanda, Yve, and shelly Marie, you girls have been my rock(s) since I've joined, I can see us all walking arm in arm towards success in 2013. Xxxxxx

Looking good, sweetie :) Roll on Easter :D your head WILL catch up with your body at some point & accept what it sees in the mirror, but as long as you are fitting in your increasingly smaller clothes this should be enough to convince you ... I am 15months out & still have FAT days, lol, but not really, just my old self rearing her ugly head :eek: Just keep up with what you have been doing ... it obviously is working :) xxx

See its not just Cheryl & I that see you as a skinny mini. Perhaps now you'll believe us & your head will catch up with your body soon so you can believe your eyes & relax. How is the new relaxed approach to eating going are you getting there?
You are looking & doing great so take a deep breath & relax a little. Enjoy the journey a little more, focus on that trip to America & ensuring your fit & happy with what you know is safe to eat so when you get there you can relax a little more. Before you go we'll have to do a few more lunches etc so you are more comfortable out & about.

Thankyou everyone for the lovely comments.... Not a skinny minnie like you yet penny but at least now I truly believe I will get there one day.. I really am trying with the eating!! Have upped my carb intake to a more realistic amount, but still weighing and writing everything down lol.... Very hard to let go of that bit of control, but I shall persevere.. We must do more lunches definitely, that last one was just so nice... xxxxx

Back