• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8PM ITV Tonight..Drastic Gastric Surgery..for adults AND TEENAGERS!!

olijames

will be watching with interest?

What dy think?

I think its mad...just saw this advertised...not sure if I actually want to watch it though...I think its a bit extreme for teenagers though...most of their bodies probably arent even properly developed or anything

Speaking from a laymans perspective I think it seems way too drastic. Imagine the uproar there would be if they were taken away from their parents and put on a VLCD, but to me surgery would be by far the more extreme option.

Be interest in others opinion especially those with medical expertise.

Dizzy x

Me too! Im really squeamish and usually watch surgery stuff from behind hands that are over my face..peeping through fingers thats me! BUT this one i will be v interested to watch...especially to see what the take is on obesity in teenagers and whether they address some of the deep rooted food issues that we know exist....dy reckon they will receive counselling or just a big GB!:)

Lets see eh?:confused:

Thanks - have just flicked over.

Well not what I was expecting....

pros and cons and weighing them up against cons of being morbidly obese! Skirted round issues really...i think minimins has meatier (oops food pun) discussions...trevor mc here we come!:)

Hugs to all those faced with choices about this type of surgery...wishing you well.:eek:

I didnt actually watch it...ok, yeah obviously losing weight is prefarable to being morbidly obese for health reasons...but I would hope that before a 16 or 17 yr old is referred for this kind of surgery that all other avenues would have been explored

Tonight: Drastic Gastric Surgery
5.17, Mon Jan 8 2007

Major stomach surgery is growing increasingly popular in Britain's battle against obesity. Watch the ITV1 show on January 8 at 8pm.
The government has controversially recommended that severely overweight teenagers go under the knife.
Corpulent comedian Ricky Grover weighs up the benefits - and the risks.
More information:

WLSinfo is an independent charity which gives information and support to those who have had or are considering Weight Loss Surgery regardless of who their surgery provider is.

ITV News - Tonight: Drastic Gastric Surgery

I thought it was very interesting and the ones that had the operation were happy with it.

Interestingly the man, who was to the investigating came to the conclusion as yet he was not going to take that option.

I was a bit surprised they never mentioned vlcd's:rolleyes:

For those who wish to know more on Gastric surgery here is a link to the forum mentioned.

WLSInfo - unreg

Love Mini xxx

Do they take it out

Was wondering, after the banding has done its job, is it then removed so that you are then 'normal'? Or is it left there?

I believe it is left there otherwise it would be too easy to return to old habits and put the weight back on.

Anyone hear if Sharon Osbourne had hers removed as yet?

I read she was thinking about having it removed around Christmas or so:rolleyes:

Love Mini xxx

I was very very close to having gastric banding surgery and then I decided not to go ahead with it. My DS1 has a shunt in his brain that drains fluid away and its permanent fixture and it freaks me out - although its a medical miracle................so the thought of having something unneccesary put into me just made me think........Jaysus you have to be able to do this yourself and get a bit of control and now I have.........a bit of control and am making progress and am so glad I didn't spend 10k on the band

x

Bettyboo

Back