• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 days out and still only managing water (a bit)

Jo Hart

Hi everyone

I had my sleeve 9 days ago and I'm feeling much better - no pain at all - but I'm struggling to keep anything down. I manage about a 1/2 to 1 litre a day of squash but that's it. Trying soup, shakes or yoghurt makes me throw up - sometimes even the water does. Is this normal? My diet plan from the hospital has me on purées by now and at least 2 litres of water.

I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow and while I feel well I'm worried about needing to throw up cos it's open plan and there is only 1 loo.

Opinions welcome!

Sorry hun, as a bander I'm not au fait with sleeves. That really doesn't sound right though, have you contacted your provider?

How quickly are you eating? I should give your team a ring. You don't want to get dehydrated. I threw up a lot but not on the liquid phase.

Took a while but I'm now 3 months out and absolutely fine. Still need medication for stomach acid - esomeprazole - but apart from those am drug free. I'm 50lbs down and eating fairly normally. I really struggled for first 6 weeks or so. Felt very sick and struggled to eat or drink anything. The acid reduction tablets were a godsend.

Hi Jo
Thanks fir responding, I'm on day 5, feel queasy really bad upset stomach. Headaches generally feel rubbish! Have actually managed a small amount of soup tonight though so I'm hopeful that in a few days things may settle.

Rh side of Tum is v painful but I understand that's normal

How much weight have you lost now ? X

So sorry to hear you feel bad. I can totally sympathise. To start with I wondered what the hellI I had done to myself - regretted it completely. I can now say though that I'm past that and can appreciate the benefits. Some people bounce back very quickly and some take much longer. It's a waiting game and we're in it for the long haul. You will feel better I promise. May take days may take weeks but it will happen.

Not until I started the acid reduction tablets - after a couple of weeks. This really helped. After that it got better gradually.

I have had those thoughts of why on earth couldn't I just diet and exercise like a 'normal' person but I didn't so that's that! Got to work with it and work out how to live with it, does my bubbling chest sound similar to what you had ?

It was certainly very painful to drink - I had a feeling of pressure in my chest like nothing could get past actually into my stomach. Antacids are not the same - the acid reduction tablets are much stronger. Only need one a day.

Back