• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brian's Diary

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
OK Gang,

Day 1 of 10 day Pre-op (thanks to Mazbrad for the diet sheet)

Decided to go for the milk option as I like milk and if I had chosen the one with food on it I'm not sure I could have kept to the sort of portions I'm supposed to. In my mind if there is no Food then I can't go wrong.

I have to say it's not been too bad today I know it's only the first day but I've been quite busy and so the mind has been occupied even though all we were doing was talking.... mainly about me and what I could and couldn't eat both now and post op.

Breakfast started off with a cup of tea followed by a pint of Milk.
mid morning a ½ litre of Water.
Lunchtime I had Pint of Milk, OXO Cube (with Water :)), a Fat Free yoghurt, a Banana and a Sugar Free Jelly
Mid afternoon a ½ litre of Water
Dinner Pint of Milk, A fat free Yoghurt an Apple and an Orange
Mid Evening A glass of Fresh Orange Juice

The only downside has been the constant trips to the loo which as my loo is downstairs isn't too bad....However I sleep upstairs so tonight might be a tad annoying!
On the whole I haven't really felt hungry even when the family were eating Ham egg and Chips.... don't you just love them :)
So 1 down 9 to go and then its the big day :eek:

Last edited:
All the best for the next nine days and beyond! You can do it!!

woohoo good luck Brian, thinking of you :) x

just the two visits in the night so no worse than normal, I've got a bit of a thick head this morning so I might need to drink a bit more water otherwise not too bad so far :)

good luck brian,im day 2 of my liver shrinkage,im surprised how much im thinking about food! driving me insane ,,but will get it done ,with no cheating ,,,so exciting to be nearly there eh love? yippee! xxxxx

good luck brian,im day 2 of my liver shrinkage,im surprised how much im thinking about food! driving me insane ,,but will get it done ,with no cheating ,,,so exciting to be nearly there eh love? yippee! xxxxx

good luck starr, i envy the pair of ya lol xxx

Likewise Starr keep at it and we'll soon be there.

The strangely annoying thing is that so far I'm not missing the food, I'm sure it will come but if it was this easy then WTF did I not try not eating sooner!
Although I say I'm not missing/thinking about it, it seems that everything on the TV is about food. Not only that but all the foods I love....come to think of it that's not that difficult to achieve really as I love everything apart from butter beans or Broad beans......:9529:......Hmmm maybe I am thinking about it :d'oh:

Hope all goes well for you both Brian and Starr. I had the high protein liver reducing diet. If I'd had the choice I would have gone for the milk one as I found restricting the amount of food hard. No problems there now though.

im on the food one , but i never realised how much i picked at food of a day ,im cooking for 3 grown men so i have to keep remindng myself not to pick as i cook or make there work lunches,,drinking so much im on loo constantly,i wish i had the milk one,i love milk, but i have gallstones ,milk would give me too much pain, stupid diet 2 tbs of bleeding rice! haha,now i know how i got so big! lol

hey, im on day 3 of milk diet, i finding it ok jus suffering headaches now n then, i cant have fruit on mine jus milk n muller rice (cause i no like yogurt), as for food im not craving im dreaming about it lol and i made kids tea ready at 11 this morn lol jus warm up when they get in haha xx

im on the food one , but i never realised how much i picked at food of a day ,im cooking for 3 grown men so i have to keep remindng myself not to pick as i cook or make there work lunches,,drinking so much im on loo constantly,i wish i had the milk one,i love milk, but i have gallstones ,milk would give me too much pain, stupid diet 2 tbs of bleeding rice! haha,now i know how i got so big! lol

hey, im on day 3 of milk diet, i finding it ok jus suffering headaches now n then, i cant have fruit on mine jus milk n muller rice (cause i no like yogurt), as for food im not craving im dreaming about it lol and i made kids tea ready at 11 this morn lol jus warm up when they get in haha xx

I'm really fortunate that I don't have to cook for other people and so I really do feel for you both it's must be really tough, at least I can just walk away if I feel the need to when my lot are eating.

i think its helping me ,i just spent today making green thai curry for them from scratch ,the smells really made me feel like id eaten,weird but true..,,,roll on dinner time lol!,im baby sitting my 10 week old angel grandaughter , we should both be on solids together , which is a funny feeling but nice .x good luck everyone ,x

Back