• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brian's Diary

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
It's good init :)
My OH (also called Dawn) seems to think if I've got the will power to do this for the best part of 2 weeks then "it's a shame" it's had to come to surgery...... Not sure she fully understands just how difficult this all is :sigh:
...Still as you said not long now

Josiegirl

I expect she is feeling a little jittery as the big day approaches. I think it is just as hard for those that love us when we go for surgery. I didn't realise how much my family missed me until I was welcomed home. DH and sons keep hovering around me still saying how great it is to have me back home again.

Wishing you all the very best for Friday and remember that I have a hot water bottle warming up your seat on the losers bench - well the weather forecast said very cold next week :8855:

lynne08

It's good init :)
My OH (also called Dawn) seems to think if I've got the will power to do this for the best part of 2 weeks then "it's a shame" it's had to come to surgery...... Not sure she fully understands just how difficult this all is :sigh:
...Still as you said not long now
my goodness Brian! how quick has that gone. as Josie mentions, I think emotions will be high in your house at the mo. it's a pretty big deal what you are having this week (yes.. this week!!!!) we can all stick to something for a short period of time, but long term it's not so easy. you've done amazing and this is just the 1st stone of many to come. I'm sure your Lovely wife only has your best interests at heart and will love the new you just as much, wondering why you didn't do it sooner!. give her a big hug then grab yourself that pint of milk!

take care
Lynne
xxx

joey80

well done bri on loosing that, i wish i had weighed b4 i had started pre op, i weighed half way through at home n they said i had lost 5 pnd but when i got weighed at hosp i was way more heavier than my scales, i like it when my scales lie to me haha they tell wha i wanna see lmao, ne who good luck for fri, it comes round so fast xxx

BrianT

Well at the end of my last full day of the Milk Diet I have to say I've not been hungry at all. I'm really surprised as I and others expected me to be gnawing at my arm by lunchtime on the first day!
I'll stop tomorrow after lunch as the hospital haven't said "don't eat for xx hours before" just in case. If I can have something in the evening it would only be a pint of Milk anyway so not going to be a major problem if I miss out.
I have definitely got my head in the right place this time though, and so hopefully I can get back to the way I used to be and not the grumpy stay at home couch slouch that I've become.

Tiggerific

I Love my Bypass!
Just wanted to wish you good luck!!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I hope all goes well and you have as easy a ride as I did. :)

The bench is ready and waiting....all the best

BrianT

Just got the call from the hospital and I'm heading in for 7:30 tonight so it's game on as they say :)
Thanks to everyone for the support I'll keep you updated as and when I can

Tiggerific

I Love my Bypass!

I am sure you will do great!!

See you on the losers bench :D

lynne08

Good luck Brian! as you read this it should all be done and you on the road to loosersville! can't wait to hear how it has all gone

take care
xxx

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Thinking of you Brian, hope its all gone well and you have a speedy recovery, cant wait to hear all about it :) xxx