• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brian's Diary

Now Why I didn't think of that I don't know as I have one of those cheap little milk whizzer things for frothing up the Milk....Thanks for that, night time milky coffee it is then :)
... honestly works a treat! enjoy.

hope you have managed another easy day on the MD

:)

Day 4 not too bad, same as previous 3 content wise so getting a bit boring. Did have a hot Milky Coffee as I was feeling a bit cold this evening. Other than that another one chalked off :)

What I did do was to add a sprinkle of Chilli powder to my OXO drink which livened it up a bit. Not quite a Chicken Madras but as close as I'm going to get to one for a while :wave_cry:

hi Brian,glad your doing so well,must admit its got easier for me too,,,sorted the headache with more water as advised by the lovely post oppers,,,and like you ,im trying some strange things,,,herbs and spices in bovril ,but it works ,just like frozen drinks ,slushed,and eaten with a spoon,feels like im eating more lolmgood luck ,not long now xxxxxxx

hi Brian,glad your doing so well,must admit its got easier for me too,,,sorted the headache with more water as advised by the lovely post oppers,,,and like you ,im trying some strange things,,,herbs and spices in bovril ,but it works ,just like frozen drinks ,slushed,and eaten with a spoon,feels like im eating more lolmgood luck ,not long now xxxxxxx

Good to hear it Starr as you said it won't be long now..I'll keep your place warm on the losers bench once I get there :)
I keep getting asked if I can do this now why couldn't I have just cut down before and then I wouldn't be in this position, which is a fair comment really but for me reducing food intake never worked as I could always go and get some more. What is a small portion for one person is just temptation for me and so I would end up eating the equivalent in size of a small village in Kent.
As many have said on here these operations are not the answer to our problems they are just a tool to help us get back to a normal healthy lifestyle, and to fo that we will still have to eat a healthy balanced diet.

Not sure why I went into lecture mode there I think I'm actually giving myself a dam good talking to! :psiholog:

it beacuse b4 it was easy to cheat and now if we cheat we cant have op so we have to stick to it, no one has said tha to me yet n im glad they havent cause the lack of food would make my tounge very sharp lol :):):):) xx

i for one can lose weight short term but then pile it back on, so this way my heads saying its for a short time,even though its for the rest of my life!,its such a thrill to see the pounds come off"and think this time they wont go back on in a couple of weeks x

Day 5 in the Milk diet Hoooos.
I have to say that whilst it is satisfying my hunger I am getting a little bored with it. I'm not necessarily wanting proper food just something other than milk, water, fruit and yoghurt and OXO.
But I know each day takes me closer to the Op and then I'll have something else to think about :)

Not long now Brian- only this one weekend to get through and its plain sailing from then on! Well, ok, you do have to have surgery!....but it'll be easier afterwards . Good luck:)

i gto told it gets easier im on day 6 now n im starving all the time, the first coupel of days i was fine, but i think it cause im bored of milk, lucky it my last day :) xx

The first thing I did when I got home from the hospital was to ceremoniously tear up my pre op diet sheet and put it in the bin. Boy did that feel good. I know how you all feel and it can be pretty horrible.

Not long to go now and I wish you all the luck in the world and a very speedy recovery. I am now 6 days post op and not taken any painkillers for past 2 days. The only problem I have now is trying to force myself to eat and drink :D

i gto told it gets easier im on day 6 now n im starving all the time, the first coupel of days i was fine, but i think it cause im bored of milk, lucky it my last day :) xx

Good Luck for tomorrow, Joey hon ... soon be on the road to a new you :D:D xx

Good luck Joey! hope everything goes well. looking forward to hearing about your experience.

tale care

End of Week 1 of the Milk Diet and I'm feeling........
Not too bad actually only 4 days left to go before I'm admitted, with Surgery on the Friday.
I am back at work tomorrow (been off for 2 weeks using up hols) so it will be interesting to see how I cope with the diet while I'm at work. It's not a physical job so it should be fine.
I'll weigh myself in the morning and see how much has been lost in the first week. Although it's not the reason for doing the diet I know I've lost weight as I'm wearing a shirt I bought 2 years ago and it didn't fit me then :)

Good luck for going back to work, looking forward to you sharing your weight loss success after you've been on the scales. Good luck for friday Brian, I'll be thinking of you. Hope everything goes well. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Helen. x

So day 8 and I forgot to eat my soup and one of the Pints of Milk today and still didn't feel hungry...bizzare! will make a point tomorrow though of sticking to what I have to have.
Still weight loss this morning since starting the Milk Diet is.....(insert Drum Roll here).... 1 whole Stone or for the young at heart 6.4kg...and yes that is in 1 week.

Blooming amazing :)

brian,im the same , couldnt believe the weight difference , just hope that liver is getting teeny tiny eh? well done , not long now xxxxx

Back