• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A bit panicky :-(

Ok, so have just phoned Charing Cross to find out if I have an appt date yet (surgeon told me to call after easter bank hol) and they said that I don't have a date yet and as far as they can tell I'm not even on the waiting list :cry:
They passed me onto bariatric so left a msg for them to call me bk but am really panicking now. Hope they havent changed their mind and decided not to do it :confused:

just to let you know im thinking of you and hope you sort it out soon,the waiting is driving us all mad ,but im sure it will be worth it ,so many things to worry about though ,and im the same always scared it wont ever happen,sometimes im to scared to even phone incase i hear something i dont want to ,i really hope you get better news soon x

Thanks, it more the fact that they said I didn't seem to be on the waiting list and I was supposed to have been put on it 3wks ago. Tryin hard not to cry!!!

I've found that everyone will do everything they can to help hun.
When I've been missed off lists the surgeon's secretary has been an absolute star & sorted it out ASAP. On the bright side at least it's only 3 weeks in & not 2 months.. I'm sure you'll receive a call and get is sorted soon.
Good luck
xx

Yeah I guess, just going to keep bugging them!!! No1 ever answers the phone in clinic! Drives me nuts!!!

I reckon it will be more an admin issue, than a decided not to put you on the list issue (((hugs))) I would be feeling the same, but bet to just stay focused, concentrate on losing weight while you wait and I am sure all will get sorted :)

Who did you speak to at CX? Try to get through to Sarah Allen. I'll PM you her number. Bariatric nurse and she's very helpful and kind.

Have you had your pre-op assessment? They normally give you your date a few days after that (this is how it went for me anyway, also at CX).

Hugs, try not to panic sweets xx

Hey hun :)
Did you have your pre-operative assessment yet? You would normally get your date then. I emailed Debbie O'Rourke (who is the bariatric coordinator) and she scheduled my pre-op appointment in, and was also the one to give me my surgery date. Her contact email is Debbie.O'[email protected] .

Good luck, there's no need to panic, CX are very organised :)

Who did you speak to at CX? Try to get through to Sarah Allen. I'll PM you her number. Bariatric nurse and she's very helpful and kind.

Have you had your pre-op assessment? They normally give you your date a few days after that (this is how it went for me anyway, also at CX).

Hugs, try not to panic sweets xx

Hey hun :)
Did you have your pre-operative assessment yet? You would normally get your date then. I emailed Debbie O'Rourke (who is the bariatric coordinator) and she scheduled my pre-op appointment in, and was also the one to give me my surgery date. Her contact email is Debbie.O'[email protected] .

Good luck, there's no need to panic, CX are very organised :)

Thank you both will try again to contact them tomorrow. Not had pre-op appt yet...I don't think. When I saw surgeon a few wks back I signed all the consent forms etc, have seen psych and doc and surgeon said I would be put on the waiting list then and if I hadn't heard then to call after the easter bank holiday. Will try calling on the number you PMd me Blueeyes. If that fails will try emailing.
Thanks again xx

Hello, from my meet with the surgeon it was approximately 4 months then I got a an Appt and things moved super fast after that. Don't worry Angel you will get there hun. I cant recommend Charring Cross enough. There is a real feeling of personal care at the hospital. Keep focused!!!!

He told me the waiting time was 6/8wks. Will be upset if longer lol

Hi hun, as you can see in my signature section, I saw the surgeon at the end of October and I had surgery less than 2 months after that, so maybe the guideline they gave you is indeed accurate. It is my guess that you will first have your pre-op appointment, which is a nurse appointment where you are told all about the pre op diet, the day of surgery, what happens exactly, what to expect, and you meet with the anesthetist. And right after that they decide on surgery dates. You're nearly there now... well done :)

Lol I'm prob sounding like a right spoilt brat!!! It just taken so long to get this far! 3 yrs back was refused on the grounds that they thought I was too 'mentally unstable' due to severe depression and now been given the go ahead! I just want it NOW lmao
I've already been given the pre-op diet sheet by the surgeon. Planning on starting it on Monday after I've got rid of the food in my fridge lmao am too much of a pauper to throw it away!!!

Thanks hunni, so do I!

Aww Angel I am so happy for you! I get terribly excited at the thought of someone going to CX as I know they're brilliant. My stay there was actually enjoyable! Wish you all the very best. Keep in touch!! x

Def will do Blueeyes. What area are you in??? Glad they brilliant, after everything else I've been through I can't stand something else going wrong! lol

From first appointment to surgery was under four months for me at Charing Cross. After my pre-op appointment it was less than a fortnight till I had my op.

I don't think you'll be very long - fingers crossed for you x

Back