• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very important announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Kelly get well soon hon!!! I miss your enthusiasm and can't wait to see your weight going down in the next few months
But please rest up and don't worry you were drawn in when you needed our support the most but the bad feeling clouded everyones posts

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
What sad bunch of sad sacks. Why have they done it? I'd hedge the reason why many people in cyber situations do; because they want to feel 'important'.

I don't visit here as often as I used to, for many reasons, but none of them because the site is unfriendly etc.

I found many valuable friends and acquaintances via Minis and subsequently this forum and without the forum or the people, I wouldn't have had the balls to go through the journey I have and continue to follow.

Bye bye you sad sacks, and don't slam the door when you go.

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
I'm freaked because I've been lied to that site they said was created days ago I felt badgered to go on there and stay off here, as noone supported me etc, I cannot believe it was created in sep its very worrying and I'm freaked out x

I have always had nothing but loving support from just about everyone that has been banned, and I would just like to reiterate as was said earlier that only one side of the story is being put forward here and people should maybe realise that.

The reason that people haven't seen what has been happening is because it has happened through PM and Facebook

Kelly has said she was badgered into joining the other group. That is the other side of the story. Until people admit they were coerced you won't know the other side of the story

Jane

I still say it is only one side as no-one directly involved (banned members) has been able to explain anything. However I don't intend to argue about it at all, just my opinion. Just want to get on with the original idea of supporting each other on our various wl journeys.

BeaBea

I haven't been around for a month or so due to trouble with internet service provider etc., It's like waking up from a bad dream. I'm so sorry all this has happened, it's very sad. I have got a lot of support from here and hope I continue to. Cherry so sorry I didn't know you were going to have your operation, I do hope it all settles down soon for you - it will, you'll see, it's still early days.

mandym1

Wow! This is the first and only forum I have joined so I have never seen anything like it. I knew something was going on but had no idea what it was. I had also guessed two of the names behind the disruption but I was hoping I was wrong.

The comment made earlier about people "gushing and overly saccharine sweet" is bang on the money as far as I am concerned. If it seems to good to be true then it usually is.

On a positive note I think it has highlighted the good job the mods and admin do on this site. I for one will be eternally grateful for the help and support I have received on here (even from the banned members).

Onwards and upwards now peeps lets leave this mess behind and get on with our journeys.

Stellap

At goal at last.....
cherry said:
I'm in agony and distressed as they can't get blood so there trying my artery I could scream im in bad pain can't get my wind up etc I'm beginning to wonder if I've done right thing x

Cherry, the first few days suck - it will get better I promise x

Sambucca

I have to disagree Terri, I haven't seen evidence of Bev or Keelie for example deliberately being disruptive or causing ill feeling. In fact, I'd suggest that while all the bad mouthing was going on a few weeks ago, they were only ever saying nice things to others. Maybe I missed something but this all seems very one sided to me and lacking in any evidence. One of the reasons I have not complained is that I appreciate how busy the mods are but it appears that has only resulted in the opinions of those with louder voices being heard so in future I will speak up.

There has been plenty of evidence, but people have chosen to turn a blind eye to it.

In addition to stuff that gets posted on the forum we have been inundated with PMs of people coming forward to say they have been invited to join the other forum. As Pierce has said all along, this isnt to do with being members of other forums - Im a member of about 5! its to do with the sneaky and manipulative way that people have been poached from this site, causing bad feeling along the way.

I'm freaked because I've been lied to that site they said was created days ago I felt badgered to go on there and stay off here, as noone supported me etc, I cannot believe it was created in sep its very worrying and I'm freaked out x

kelly please dont worry. As others have said, your recovery must come first and we are ready to welcome you back and give you all the support you need to get through these coming weeks and months as you get to grips with the new you.

I have always had lots of support on this forum and I can see no reason why other forums cannot be joined alongside this one. I am a member of several weight loss forums and see no conflict with this.

I have always had nothing but loving support from just about everyone that has been banned, and I would just like to reiterate as was said earlier that only one side of the story is being put forward here and people should maybe realise that.

Once again Jane - this is not about being members of other forums, its about poaching members from this site and trying to ruin our reputation in the process. You only have to look at the evidence here where Kelly says she was badgered to join. We've had numerous PMs saying the same from people who dont want to go public for fear of reprisals. We have not taken this decision lightly, and as moderators and admin Im afraid you just have to trust our judgement on this. We cant publish evidence we have to protect others privacy. You are one of 40 members on that site who will have seen the lies that are being spread. Some of them have been brave enough to come forward. Others will learn the hard way - Like Karlos and Liz posted above that once the frenzy of slagging us off is over there really will be nothing left for you.

I still say it is only one side as no-one directly involved (banned members) has been able to explain anything. However I don't intend to argue about it at all, just my opinion. Just want to get on with the original idea of supporting each other on our various wl journeys.

The banned members are having their say on the other site and then sadly using people like you as their mouthpiece. Some have been using facebook to have their say. Anyone who wants to listen to them is already a member on their site. Everyone else can continue to give and receive the support that is here for them and always has been.

Katkit1

Not going anywhere!
I really am glad I was`nt drawn into it. Perhaps now we can all settle down and get on with being here for each other.

If there is anyone from the other site who are going to continue to harangue our site and mods - perhaps they should move themselves off here also.

I did`nt join up for all the bad feeling and I for one don`t like it!

Lets get some normality back to this wonderful brilliant supportive and helpful site!

Love Kat x

Jane

The banned members are having their say on the other site and then sadly using people like you as their mouthpiece. Some have been using facebook to have their say. Anyone who wants to listen to them is already a member on their site. Everyone else can continue to give and receive the support that is here for them and always has been.
I am not being used as anyone's mouthpiece, just saying it how I personally see it which I always thought you could do on a forum. People are not able to hear what the banned members say, so I still feel it is one sided.

However, I do not want to argue about it. As mentioned before I just want support and to give it where I can on all the forums I am a member of.

ditzeeblonde

I'm in agony and distressed as they can't get blood so there trying my artery I could scream im in bad pain can't get my wind up etc I'm beginning to wonder if I've done right thing x
OH Kelly... the first few days are tough babes but it is oh so very worth it. You need to focus on yr recovery & making sure your fighting fit so that you can go & enjoy the rest, of whats going to be a fabulous skinny life for you. x

wizzbang

I'm not happy posting this because I dont really want to further draw out the discussions that are going on, I would rather just have a nice time posting and supporting and being supported, but I was just wondering.
Could the banned members (good riddance) be able to rejoin using other names and personal details and we would never know it was them?

Lynne x

tesmaralda

I'm not happy posting this because I dont really want to further draw out the discussions that are going on, I would rather just have a nice time posting and supporting and being supported, but I was just wondering.
Could the banned members (good riddance) be able to rejoin using other names and personal details and we would never know it was them?

Lynne x

We are monitoring the situation closely and have already had a couple of incidents. However if you do spot anyone that you feel is not above board or are suspicious about by all means report them and we will look into it and can trace ip addresses etc.

Please don' worry about posting this you are worried about yours and other members safety and not out to cause trouble.

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
With all due respect, for the Moderators and Admins to have taken the decision they have done, there must have been some evidence of ill-doing. They are not vindictive control freaks and have no axe to grind or financial gain to be made.

Pierce has explained quite concisely what led to their decision and I have no wish to enter into any kind of peep-show to what would be quite soon a public flame war.

If anyone wants to 'hear the other side of the story', then I am sure they could quite soon gain the contact details of the people concerned, where I am sure they would be regaled for hours of how wronged they have been done.

To allow the perpetrators of the ill-doing a platform to 'explain' would surely do more harm to this community than has already been evidenced.

We trust the Mods & Admins to keep things on an even keel and that's what's key here.

Kelly, the first few days is sooo hard (read my blog!), but it's all about baby steps. We are literally healing inside and out and have to wean ourselves again, much like our mothers did for us when we were babies.

biggy123

I've been spending less time time on this forum as i didn't feel comfortable about all the bickering and just don't want to be drawn into it but I wanted to check on how Kelly was doing tonight and am pretty shocked that all this has been going on.
The mods have a hard job to do - Thanks for sorting all this out and hopefully we can move on and support each other.
Take care everyone. x

Claire.R

Well im kinda thick so never saw anything going on.

Kelly do not for one minute think its the wrong thing hun, I had to end up with a canular in my neck (freaky) and as for the wind keep walking about when you can and move your arms about like a windmill. It will come up with burps.. better out than in girl xxx

The wind is definitely the worst bit hun, see if they can give you some peppermint oil in hot water. It helped me loads. x

cherry

Im crying as I type the wind pain us worse also been banned from other site? I'm confused and to poorly to care at mo I really am not sure what's going kn or if I'll be banned from here how weird x

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
Im crying as I type the wind pain us worse also been banned from other site? I'm confused and to poorly to care at mo I really am not sure what's going kn or if I'll be banned from here how weird x

Kelly please answer me sweetheart, can i come in tomorrow afternoon ? and offer my support to you hun...huggs from me to you, Kelly you wont be banned from here darling you havent done anything wrong, people were trying to miss lead you and tell lies, your a valued member here and im sure the moderators will agree here with me x x

mandym1

Ah Kelly, this is so not worth your stressing over. I really hope your pain goes soon and you get some well deserved rest. :hug99: x x

Status
Not open for further replies.