• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A whole half of a weetabix!!!!

everpositive

Don't know whether to be pleased or disapointed??? I decided to try a very sloppy/milky half weetabix today with a tiny bit of sweetener. I managed to eat all of it with no ill effects. Yet I've read about others who can't handle that, and they are much further down their bypass journey than me!!!

I'd really appreciate it if people who are recently bypassed could indicate what sort of volumes they can or could cope with please?

Don't get how I can manage this but just one vitamin tablet (chunky thought it is) gives me horrible stabbing pains and bloatedness?!?!? :confused::confused:

Cant offer any advice hun as Im pre op, but I'd say if you have eaten it with no ill effects then thats fine.

perhaps this is not the right time to confess that I had 4 weetabix for my breakfast.

The difference between the vit and the weetabix is the consistency, the tablets hard and unforgiving but the weetabix is sloppy and therefore goes down easier.

As for amount can't really help on that but everybody is different on what they can tolerateand every day is different, maybe wrong but just see how it goes it cause tomorrow you might not be able to manage it all.

Half a weetabix is not a large quantity....if you had told me a whole box of weetabix, I think you should worry.

You are doing fine and your body allowed it, so don't worry. Its not unhealthy, its not fattening, its not sugar laden. Its good for you, good fibre and good for your heart.

You are doining brilliant and you must learn not to compare, what one person can cope with another may not, but it is no reflection on how good or bad you have been.

Chin up and enjoy your new found brekkie...;)

I agree with Tez everyone is different and like she said tomorrow it could be different. The softer the food the more you will be able to eat....at your stage I could eat half a weetabix too....stop worrying....xx

I am a worrier guys, sorry!!! :( Thanks for your responses!! xx

worrying is futile, just choose not to do it ;)

3 days after my op the trolley ladies proudly presented me with 2 weetabix for my breakfast, they clearly did n't know what I had had done. I managed half and still now 8 weeks later will only have half although I know that I could manage a whole one. Don't beat yourself up, your not eating anything bad for you and your not over doing it.

Alia xxx

i am 10 weeks post op and have been having half an oatibix with a 1/3rd pint of milk evermorning since week 3. Do you have yr iron tab in the morning with yr multi vit. I get tummy ache sometimes but it is the iron tab not the multivit that causes my problems.

Back