• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

AAHHHH!!! Got my date through!!! :D :D :D

Flick - Google BMR calculator and it will tell you the amount of calories that you burn daily based on your height, weight, and level of activity. To lose one pound you need to create a 3,500 calorie deficit.

My BMR is 2582 so thats how many calories im burning a day doing little or no exercise. Hopefully soon enough I can increase my exercise even just walking in these early days and create that deficit. But as it stands now im still losing over half a pound a day? Thats quite impressive actually.
On the milk diet I was losing 1lb a day but doing alot more activity.

Understanding this definitely helps with learning how you lose weight so quick. Obviously less in, more out = loss but the science behind if you like :p

Thank you Neisie! :)

Ooh yes! Thank you :)

I shouldnt be focusing on this really but I wanna know im def losing weight! As silly as that sounds!

I'm the same as you. I'm religious with the numbers (prob doesn't help that I'm a math teacher). Unfortunately, the numbers don't always add up as they should, especially if you have PCOS and then your BMR is much lower than the average person. Hard work and clean eating seem to be the only way to achieve success.

Bummer :( Yes, I have PCOS :( I was hoping as the weight decreases the symptoms would do the same. Im hoping my loss wont be affected but it was a major part in my gaining weight in the first place.
I didnt ask my team. I would definitely like to know if my loss will be slower and more difficult because of it :(

Bummer :( Yes, I have PCOS :( I was hoping as the weight decreases the symptoms would do the same. Im hoping my loss wont be affected but it was a major part in my gaining weight in the first place.
I didnt ask my team. I would definitely like to know if my loss will be slower and more difficult because of it :(

I also have PCOS despite a partial hysterectomy 17 years ago. I have so far lost over 11 & half stone in 11 month ..I'm not complaining ;)

Meant to add that I am still having probs with hirsuteness though and not sure if that will ever go.

I'm down about 20 lbs in 6 weeks. It's slower than I would like... other ballooners are at the same loss in three weeks. I'm exercising 1-3 hours a day (circuit training with a trainer, Masters swim team, Bikram yoga - not light exercise by any means), eating less than 1,000 calories a day, and I'm losing...just slowly. PCOS makes things difficult, not impossible. But, I'm not gaining. My body is changing. And I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal weight. One more pound to lose and I'll no longer be obese. Just realize that no matter how you crunch the numbers, things can't happen over night. Keep your spirits up and get moving as soon as you're healed.

PS - posted 6 week progress pics on my balloon thread if you want to see :)

I'm down about 20 lbs in 6 weeks. It's slower than I would like... other ballooners are at the same loss in three weeks. I'm exercising 1-3 hours a day (circuit training with a trainer, Masters swim team, Bikram yoga - not light exercise by any means), eating less than 1,000 calories a day, and I'm losing...just slowly. PCOS makes things difficult, not impossible. But, I'm not gaining. My body is changing. And I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal weight. One more pound to lose and I'll no longer be obese. Just realize that no matter how you crunch the numbers, things can't happen over night. Keep your spirits up and get moving as soon as you're healed. PS - posted 6 week progress pics on my balloon thread if you want to see :)

That's a lot of exercise! I would think you would be building muscle at that rate which may account for slower weight loss? My physiotherapist said an hour 3 times a week is plenty in about 2 months time. For now I'm only allowed to walk!

Your still losing on average over 3lbs a week that's still a decent loss x

Thanks, it's not a bad loss, is it? I think I'll make 2 more this week... It didn't come on overnight so I can't expect it to come off that quickly. I hope to make my goal weight (40 lbs more) by the end of June!

It's s great loss. It's steady and its coming off. U will achieve ur goal I know u willxx

That's a lot of exercise! I would think you would be building muscle at that rate which may account for slower weight loss? My physiotherapist said an hour 3 times a week is plenty in about 2 months time. For now I'm only allowed to walk!

It is a lot of exercise, but I was doing just as much before my balloon. I've always been very active, and up until 3 years ago I was running 30-40 miles a week. I'm actually a 200-hour certified yoga instructor, but I'm too embarrassed about my weight to teach. When I moved to the Middle East I got fat (drive everywhere, too hot to work out outside, amazing restaurants) and couldn't get the weight off bc the PCOS (was just diagnosed in July). I'm hoping to build muscle for tone and definition and because I'll still burn fat when sedentary :p You've got lots of healing to do after serious surgery... you shouldn't do anything beyond what's recommended. Have a great weekend!

It is a lot of exercise, but I was doing just as much before my balloon. I've always been very active, and up until 3 years ago I was running 30-40 miles a week. I'm actually a 200-hour certified yoga instructor, but I'm too embarrassed about my weight to teach. When I moved to the Middle East I got fat (drive everywhere, too hot to work out outside, amazing restaurants) and couldn't get the weight off bc the PCOS (was just diagnosed in July). I'm hoping to build muscle for tone and definition and because I'll still burn fat when sedentary :p You've got lots of healing to do after serious surgery... you shouldn't do anything beyond what's recommended. Have a great weekend!

Yeah I used to exercise a lot too when I was thinner and played field hockey! The weight loss plateaued when I was doing 15-20 hours a week! Then I put it all back :(

Thanks for the support, Slimby! How are you doing? Still off the cigs?

Still off the fags an looking forwRd to surgery in 4 months! Woooo hoooo

Well done Slimby for staying off the fags:) As my surgery is not until March I am still smoking freely. Will quit on New Years Day:)

Back