• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

AAHHHH!!! Got my date through!!! :D :D :D

Ill take your advice and see how I feel tomorrow :)

How long should I wait til I weigh myself? I havent done since Day 10 of the milk diet. Not overly bothered if im honest. I feel swollen so dont wanna be disappointed if I see a gain/no loss.

When does the weight start to come off post op? And what can I realistically expect?

Im usually rubbish at losing, but can maintain. Stayed roughly the same weight, +/- couple lbs, for over 18 months whilst dieting

It can take some people 4 weeks or more to get rid of all the surgery weight. I'm not going to worry about that for 4 weeks. Those first 5 weeks have to be all about recovery. Being kind to yourself and taking each step slowly, be it eating, drinking, exercise, or generally getting back to normal. You will lose and overtime it's going to be fantastic. X rest up. X

Oh wow, ok, no need to worry yet then. I was hoping to see more of a loss but nothing as of yet! Ive probably put more weight on if im honest. Cant afford to buy scales and i dont really wanna stand in the window of boots and pay to humiliate myself :/ I'll have to wait for my 5 week check up at the hospital! Hopefully ill be nicely recovered and well on my losing journey by then!

I bet your'll be really presently surprised then and feeling great too! By the way your not useless your in recovery and not supposed to do much anyway week one. If your bored then your doing it right:) x

So sorry that you feel so ill. Maybe bed is the best place for you now. Let your body tell you what you can do. Take care and I hope that you feel better soon. :)

Craft fair?!? ... Flick are you mad?!? So glad you realised that this is a bit too much so quickly after surgery. I'm in total agreement with all those that replied and like Yve I was a week too before I really ventured out and about and even then I paced myself. It's easy to forget that this is major surgery & the little scars we have on the outside belie what's really went on underneath. So take it easy ;)
I didn't weigh until about two/three weeks out as I was quite clearly swollen from surgery. T/C hun and rest up xx

I weighed the Saturday after my op lol because that had been my weigh in day all along lol.

Yeah I suppose I was abit crazy and naive to think I could cope with a craft fair so soon out.
When im ill I tend to just get on with stuff and deal with it, not moan and suffer. I was probably thinking I could manage more as I dont feel 'ill'. When I got home I went to bed and didnt get up til gone 8 this morning. Fell asleep before 11pm and slept right through so def needed it! Lol
Ive been in my jammies all day today, not done my make up or even brushed my hair. I did attempt to tidy the room though :/

How many calories should I be eating at the moment? So far today ive had about 300 and that includes milk and other drinks.

I dont want my hair to fall out so im trying to keep protein and fruit/veg up. Soups, mashed meats & veg, beans & cheese, fruit & yogurt smoothies etc :) Hope im doing it right? :/

Sounds really good. Don't worry about calories at this stage just focus on keeping your fluids up and eating every 2-3 hours.

Its really hard to fit so much in! Especially liquids. I didnt really drink much pre op so it feels like im forever eating/drinking. My stomach must be getting better though as the full feeling isnt as uncomfortable as it was at the start. The gurgles have reduced too.

I had a small bite of cheese earlier. It felt so good to chew something! Oh my it was tasty. I probably shouldnt have but it didnt cause any problems!

Mash potato with pasta sauce tonight :) yummy!

Please be careful. Your stomach is so swollen early on you may not feel any pain but still cause damage. It is very normal to feel that way early on and it will get easier. Just keep trying Hun.

Ok, ill take your advice on that too :) thank you. I know im not supposed to have splid food yet. It was only a nibble and I did chew chew chew but I wont do it again.
Enjoying my mash atm :) About 1 & 1/2 tbsps in my sons small bowl. Not tried mash yet. My tummy is going crazy :/ Got a fluff brewing! (sorry for being gross lol)

Ok, ill take your advice on that too :) thank you. I know im not supposed to have splid food yet. It was only a nibble and I did chew chew chew but I wont do it again.
Enjoying my mash atm :) About 1 & 1/2 tbsps in my sons small bowl. Not tried mash yet. My tummy is going crazy :/ Got a fluff brewing! (sorry for being gross lol)

It's so difficult. I do remember how desperately I wanted to chew something and I had two weeks of liquids before I was allowed to move onto mushy food.

Sorry to be thick - I don't know what you mean by a fluff!

lol Yve a fluff is a fart :)

Lol! Get used to it honey- there's going to be a lot more where that one comes from.

Fluff = Fart haha lol! :p sorry

I was expecting 2weeks of liquids too! My surgeon said to be on free fluids in hospital because all they could offer was soup and jelly but to get on with mush at home. He said the nutrients will help me heal quicker so not to delay.

I have weeks 1-4 of mushies
Weeks 5-8 of lumps
Week 9+ normal food but low fat, low card, low sugar :)

Whereas mine was 2 liquid,6-8 mush and then solid. But I moved on to solids at 6 weeks out as my dietician told me too.

Its weird how the same op has so many different guidelines for both pre op and post op diets

Thats a long time to be on mushy foods! What kinds things did you have?

It is very odd but the professionals can't agree! I had mash etc early in but I moved to casseroles that were slow cooked etc.

Back