• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Aarrrggghhh HUNGRY

heavenlykaty

Sitting at work...trying to focus and breath...I am very very hungry.

Day 4 milk diet....

Just made myself a milky coffee waiting for the feeling to pass

Anybody else struggling ?:cry:

God yes!

Sat at work, just had a yoghurt.. they really don't hit the spot do they?!

Are you drinking lots of water? That's meant to help xx

Actually no, I have been very poor with my water today, thanks, I shall drink my coffee and then start on my litre of water sat unopened in front of me :)

I dont have yogurts with mine, 4pint milk a day, 1 cup of bovril (yuk) and 1 pint of no sugar jelly.

Hope your hunger goes soon too, not long know for your op !! how exciting xx

Ah mines 3 pints of milk, 3 yoghurts and a cup of bovril :)

I hope the water helps :)

x

Day 6 of 14... Getting easier now...mad headache to start with but sorted with plenty of water..
The end is in sight... We are near the finishing line ... Good luck x

I am now in my sixth week of the milk diet (I have to be on this for 8 weeks), then 8 weeks of milk and food and then another 8 weeks of food only.

I never thought I would be able to stick to it, but to be honest, I can't believe how easy it has been. I have to have 5 pints of milk per day, plus 2 pints of water part of which I have to have a stock cube (I use OXO) for the salt content.

I struggle to get the five pints in and have only managed a max of 4.5 pints. I do use some of my milk quota with my sugar free jellies to make a lovely desert. I eat 3 or 4 of these a day.

I have never felt hungry, the opposite in fact, never craved food, a switch must have gone off somewhere, can't believe it really. The best part is I have lost just over 30lbs in 37 days, they say I should lose 40 lbs in the first 8 weeks, and I think I am on track for that. I hope so anyway.

I am jealous that I am on this scheme for a lot longer than most, but I have to stick with it if I want a bypass at the end of it.

Good luck to everyone on the milk diet.

I am on my 5th week milk and yogurt had sandwich Monday and a chicken wrap on tues due to op being cancelled on the Monday and they said I could eat but could not eat more then that anyway now been on milk so long went bck on milk and yogurt wendsday as I was told op is next wendsday it gets easier and you get used to it but water dose help with the hunger .

I am now in my sixth week of the milk diet (I have to be on this for 8 weeks), then 8 weeks of milk and food and then another 8 weeks of food only. I never thought I would be able to stick to it, but to be honest, I can't believe how easy it has been. I have to have 5 pints of milk per day, plus 2 pints of water part of which I have to have a stock cube (I use OXO) for the salt content. I struggle to get the five pints in and have only managed a max of 4.5 pints. I do use some of my milk quota with my sugar free jellies to make a lovely desert. I eat 3 or 4 of these a day. I have never felt hungry, the opposite in fact, never craved food, a switch must have gone off somewhere, can't believe it really. The best part is I have lost just over 30lbs in 37 days, they say I should lose 40 lbs in the first 8 weeks, and I think I am on track for that. I hope so anyway. I am jealous that I am on this scheme for a lot longer than most, but I have to stick with it if I want a bypass at the end of it. Good luck to everyone on the milk diet.

Hey, don't worry you will get there. Are you on tier 3? I had to do the exact same diet back in December 2012, I had to do milk over Xmas and my birthday. Now that was a killer. Good luck :)

Yes I'm on Tier 3 - I was wondering what the process is after being on this with regards to getting the bypass - how long do you think I would have to wait. I am at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge and they do not carry out bariatric surgery there.

On day two of the protein diet. All the other diets look more appealing right now. Struggling.

Yes I'm on Tier 3 - I was wondering what the process is after being on this with regards to getting the bypass - how long do you think I would have to wait. I am at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge and they do not carry out bariatric surgery there.

Ahh That is exactly where I was as well

Basically I went through the 6 month programme with them and then they refer you back to your gp and recommend what step to take next (mine was surgery) the gp then refers you and you wait for a hospital appt. the process for me from the referal back to docs up until the first hosp appt took about 8 months due to the timing (I was referred as the whole commissions thing changed over).

Hope that helps :)

I had to go private because my GP said he can't refer unless I have type II diabetes.

I had to go private because my GP said he can't refer unless I have type II diabetes.[/QUOTE

That's not true. The guidelines have now changed. There used to be county specific regulations however now it is 1 rule across the country which is the NICE guidelines. When did you ask for the referral and where are you based?

I had to go private because my GP said he can't refer unless I have type II diabetes.[/QUOTE

That's not true. The guidelines have now changed. There used to be county specific regulations however now it is 1 rule across the country which is the NICE guidelines. When did you ask for the referral and where are you based?

I was told the East of England CCG policy is a BMI of over 40 and Type II diabetes or severe sleep apnoea.

My starting BMI was over 50 but was road blocked because I don't have diabetes or apnoea. Realised it was a local policy so had the decide if I should move house, try and get a new job, find a friendly GP, get a referral, spend about a year at tier 3 and then possibly get surgery... or go private abroad.

Wow Marc, so what did you do, move etc ?

I am really struggling on this diet too, still hungry... day 5..the only good thing is I am down 10lb already, thats the only thing keeping me focused.

Good luck all of you, WE CAN DO IT !!!!!

good luck to you all doing your pre op diets..... I know its been said before but it really does get easier...... plus the prize at the end makes it all worthwhile :D not to mention the weigh loss along the way!!!

I was told it would prepare me for life post op but they forgot the part about having no appetite afterwards which is a Godsend! my pre op diet is a distant memory already haha

Time will fly :)

Back