• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Absolutely Gutted!!

J-Mo

I've just phoned Mr Small's secretary but she isn't in today so I actually spoke to Mr Schroeder's secretary, I just wanted to check that I was actually on the waiting list for my bypass.

Gave her my hospital number etc. Just been told NO, I'm not on the waiting list!!!! I'm devastated. What would have happened if I sat patiently waited for an appointment like I did last September.

I've got to ring again tomorrow when Mr Small's secretary is back again to see what she can advise.

The whole appointments system is a shambles. Mr Small actually said in front of me when I had my endoscopy on 19th May that as long as my weight was okay I'd be on the list. I'd actually lost MORE than the target they'd set!!

What a slap in the face this is. Would we be treat like this if we were waiting for 'normal' surgery? I don't think so. Its disgusting.

hey hun, i dont understand whats gone on??....... so you ve met your weightloss and left that appointment to be told you were now on list and now your not??....... yikes thats not fair?... i wouldnt panic yet maybe its because they wanna do more tests do you think?.......

Oh my word! what on earth are the playing at?
J-Mo my heart just bleeds for you, this is just disgraceful. I'm so, so, so sorry.

I'm truly praying that Mr Small's secretary can get this SORTED asap.
perhaps they can put you n the list where you SHOULD be. That would seem only fair.

Have you complained? It sounds like you really may have to.

sending the biggest, most humoungous virtual hugs I can imagine.

Charis xxx

I've no idea. I just thought like Mr Small had said & like the nurse said, I'm on the list now. Just after being 'over looked' last year I thought I'd ring them to check I was on the last & found out that I'm not!!!!

I wish I had an email address for Mr Small's secretary 'cos I'm at work all day tomorrow so might not get the chance to ring. I'm just gonna go & cry................

ooo j mo im sending huuuuuge (( hugs)) xx

id be kicking some butt tomorrow!! actually if you go on google and search mr small it brings up all his details and his secretarys that ll be for private patients so im not sure if he s got different secretarys for mhs and private?.... hmmm

Don't get upset, I know you feel really devastated but try and focus on getting hold of the team and really make a nuisance of yourself til there is something definate down in writing in your hands to move you forward towards your op.
I think after your previous hassles you need to really insist you have some positive and definate notification that you are on the list etc , just really underline the fact to them that you are trying to change for the better and being overlooked is really getting you depressed and threatening your resolve. xx Just big hugs again and please don't let it get you too down.

awww sorry to hear that hun, really hope they get things moving, it seems cos its WLS things always go tits up.

Massive hugs xx

bl**dy nora - whats going on..! Makes you want to camp out in their office until they get it right. I wonder if they'd like a new PA - they can give me the op in leiu of a year's wage!?

I really can't believe that you've been forgotten about again - WTH's that about?! You certainly need to phone tomorrow, and don't stop pestering them until they gave you a definite date... particularly as you've been waiting so long now. Fingers crossed that you get some good news tomorrow!

i havent got the secraterys email but i do have Kims tho Jacci hun let me know if thats any good to you, i was told may 5th i was put on the same waiting list as we had the cams done around the same time, hugs to you Jacci are you coming to the group on Thursday x

You poor thing, I dont for one minute think that these people understand how much this surgery means to us! The administrative side seems to be shocking at your hospital. I was messed around in a similar way by thge admin staff and I spoke to a lady from PALS, she was lovely and got it all sorted out for me and I even had an apology from the trust! Maybe you could try this?
I hope you dont get too down about it, but I know how devastating it can be. Sending you some virtual (HUGS) try and stay positive hun ;) X

I am so sorry J-Mo. That is devastating news which I hope is incorrect... it often can be.

Despite the stigma afforded to WLS patients and the fact that it's traumatic waiting and needing the surgery so badly for so many of us, there seems to be some real horror stories here coming from the NHS.

I know we are reluctant to complain since we don't want to be held back in any way, but you do have rights and if that is what you were told, then it should be recorded on your records.

Please don't lose heart... sometimes it depends who answers the phone at the other end....

When you have kicked a butt or two they may well fast track you... so please keep positive, it's not fair for you to get upset and try and keep calm to get right to the bottom of this.

Love and hugs! xxx

Dotty, could you give a summary of PALS please and what you did and how it works... sorry, I am a stickler for getting the record straight and J-Mo needs to be well armed with every bit of information and support.

Thank you Dotty xxx

Hey,
ive just rang dr.small and got told the same he was off today. i was told off my doctor i should be on the list now but she said i wasnt happy .

I just rang the number online for my hospital PALS service and spoke to a lovely lady called Ann, she asked me all the details etc. Asked how long I had been waiting and how did I think I had been treated unfairly. I explained it all to her and she took a few days to look into it. She got back to me after a few days and said what I had told her was supported by what she had found, that I had been put behing by approx 2 months by admin. She had discussed it with the trust people and they apologised to me for this. When my psychology appointment was booked it was supposed to take a while for appointments and I was given an earlier one to try and make up some of the time I had missed. I felt better after as at least I felt they had recognised they had made a mistake, even though they couldnt take it back. Hope this helps. X

That's helpful Jacqui and it proves it's right to take the matter up... the wait is more stressful for people that I had thought and I wish that more importance was placed on the effects of this for those of us that cannot afford to pay. xxx

Thanks everyone. I've gotten an email address off our lovely Liz & sent off asking for some help. I'll also try to ring tomorrow & if I don't get anywhere by the end of the week then I'll take it further.

I'll be at our support group on Thursday so hopefully I'll have some news to report before then. My upset has been replaced by anger!! Why me again!?!

Back