• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Acid Reflux

A.Positive

How many of you suffer from reflux after your op? And if so, how did/do you treat it? Is it getting better the further out you are? Did you have reflux before your surgery?

Suffered with it before I had the balloon as I have a hiatus hernia. The space hopper has aggravated it big style and can't wait to get it removed on Tuesday. I have been told both by my surgeon and people on here that once I get the bypass in 12 days time that this will be history whhoooo hoooo!!

I suffered with it for almost 8 months and thought it was normal until it got that bad water won't stay down and then it got that bad I couldn't drink or eat ... Had to have 1 ml taken out and feel great now and it stopped straight away xxx
Hope that helps xx

I had it before and still have it now 3 months post op! I take tablets for it and my team have said I probably always will! Not too bothered tho to be honest! X

Hiya, I am 11 months down and have it really bad. I'm on 80mg of Omaprazole, and had a endoscopy for it and sleeve issues last saturday to see what was going on in there.

I have never had reflux but was sent home from hospital with fast tabs as a precaution as others from my hospital were. stopped them about six months out.

Had hideous reflux before surgery (also found to have a hernia)

By the time my month of fastabs after surgery were gone, so was the reflux.

It just doesn't happen now.

Back