• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice on gastric banding

bookwormy

Hi there everyone, can anyone here give my some advice on qualifying for nhs banding my bmi is 40 and i have fibromyalgia and osteo arthritis, struggled for years with weight and have tried xenical and reductil to no avail! how do i go about it, don't want to make an idiot of myself at the doc's. I am newly registered here and would be so glad of any help.:wave_cry:

your bmi is in the range for nhs banding, you also qualify more so as you have illnesses that weight loss will improve, book an appointment at the gp's and just tell them this is what you would like to be refered for, if they say no see another gp in that practice, lady gp's temd to be more sympathetic towards wls referals.

ps. welcome to minis !

liz x

Thanks very much for the info and the welcome. Nearly frightened me to death reading all the possible bad outcomes ! still you have to have all the info good or bad and i can see this is the only way to go for me. they don't mention an age limit tho' I am 51. hope that won't stop me.

Back