• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Suzy's Journey

Hi and welcome to the site, im glad you got a lot of feed back from everyone. Aint this site brill lol. Im pre op looking at December for my bypass. I never gave wls a second thought, it was my gp that mentioned it to me, and i must say i was shocked. I went home and thought about it and within 2 days was sat back with the doc asking her to refer me. Im from Sheffield and my journey has been so straight forward since January, except having to lose some weight to prove that i can do this. I really do feel for the people on here who are having to put up a fight to get funding it must be awful for them, and i realise how lucky i am. Well love good luck with your band. You are in the best place for advise x

Hi Suzy,

Sounds like you are really on track now if you are starting to think of the practicalities of things. It's good that you have your Mum to support you and worry about you. Its just nice to know someone cares. Im 4 days poat op now and I feel really good today. Not had any wind since first day and feel like I can move around normally without pulling silly pain faces that makes the kids laugh at me. Going to stop taking the stron pain killers and just move on to paraceatamol now I think as I had what I can only describe as an out of body experience last night which was totally terryfying and the only thing I can put it down to is the pain killers. You will feel so much better when you have started your pre-op diet, I started to feel better instantly because you know you are on your way down instead of up.

Back