• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice on sleeve as been suggested not bypass

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi have just had a message that due to the medication I am on, the sleeve has been suggested to me now not a bypass, due to malabsorbtion of my tablets. Can anyone help me, do you loose the same amout of weight, what's the difference, do you still dump, am in work and can't look it up. Thanks

You will do just as well hun, look at others when you get home such as Mixxy!You will have a smaller pouch just a different shape to mine and you wont have the bypassed bit of piping so the malabsorbtion wont happen but you will lose weight!Hey imagine if he had said no wls for you missus!Best of luck. Maz x

hi Bex
I had sleeve 18 months ago and have lost 7 st 11 lb upto now. you don't dump coz the pyloric valve is still in the right place. there is no malabsorption your just resricted to the amount of food you are able to eat. i've noticed you dont live far from me so if you would like anymore info or to meet up and discuss my experience just let me know.
take care
donna x

hi bex it must be the day for it,i also got told today i may have the sleeve instead ,depends how the gall bladder removal goes,,,,,,,i agree with Maz and at this point just happy im getting the help ,,,im sure we will do fine ,seen some great results on here no reason we cant do as well as other post oppers, x ,,, good luck , xxxxxxx

You will both do fabulously whichever surgery you end up with :D:D
Just out of curiosity, Becky (code for nosey) which medication is it that makes you unsuitable for the bypass? If I am on the same, I will be forwarned when I have my pre assessment on the 19th. Did the surgeon not mention this when you saw him? It just seems a bit far down the line to be mentioning this :( as I assume you were on the same medication then. :confused:

Hi Im on steriods only 5mg a day and hydroxychloroquine Sulphate for an auto immune illness i have.

Dawn, we will be fine have had a good read up today hun, and sounds good, when is your surgery hun xxx

I love my sleeve. you'll love yours tooooo.xx

hi Bex,i looked at both surgeries for over 2 years , so i really dont mind which,il go with the expert,,,mines on the 28th sept,,,,and i cant wait! ticking off the days,,,last week it was just fear but now its just excitement,been watching all these amazing people on here ,and just feel so very very lucky ,its so weird ,its almost like the feeling waiting to have a baby ,like the start of something new and fresh ,,,but i am a bit of a strange one ! lol,,,,,,,even went out yesterday and had a new drastic hair cut , to start the journey to the new Dawn!, just so lucky we have this place and all these lovely honest people to make it easier,,.xxx

the sleeve for me was a life saver cant say more i,m so happy with the results i have lost 13,5 st since my opp on 28th oct 2010 the best thing i have ever done for me

Good luck Dawn and Becky, whichever op you have I'm sure you will do really well xx

Hiya, just spoke to secretary and said am happy for the sleeve and she wants me in before the 31st October now, so even better news x

Hiya, just spoke to secretary and said am happy for the sleeve and she wants me in before the 31st October now, so even better news x
Great news.xx

Sorry hun could not make tonight, will be at the next one, let me know what it was about xx

Glad you've managed to make a decision Bex. Those who have had the sleeve seem to have done very well.

Thanks hun, hope your okay xx

Great news becky well done u it will soon be op day good luck ;) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back