• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Body been re-set?

gonnabethinner said:
Really liked this post its a worry for me. I Have decided on sleeve I worry it wont work or that it will slow up after 6months on. May decide to move onto bypass then, but worry about malabsorbtion. But would be happy with 7 stone weight loss so If sleeve can do this for me will be thrilled. Hope my brain re sets like sharonimo

I've lost 8 stone so far and it's still coming off. :D

Having the sleeve surgery isn't an easy option but it was definitely the right one for me. I have no intention of having the bypass despite having another 5-ish stone to lose. I honestly believe that the sleeve will do it for me if I work hard with it. I am going to the gym 4 times a week and one of these is with a PT so there is someone else watching over what I'm doing and making sure I don't stall.

This question might be a bit personal but how much excess skin is there after a weight loss of more than 100 lbs?

Quite a lot already. At the moment my worst bits are: MY THIGHS.

It appears my legs have been willing to relinquish all their fat deposits first, followed by my upper arms and belly last. I have always been apple shaped and this has not changed, I am just a slightly less large apple now.

At the moment there is enough fat left holding my wobbly stomach together -- it does not look too wrinkly YET -- but I know that it will do in time as and when I lose more.

I tried to take a few photos of my thighs tonight but have been unable to self-photo my own legs (I need a nice friend to help me) ..... but have found pictures on the internet of *similar* thighs and bingo wings that look similar to how mine look.

I know for absolute sure my thighs are going to look APPALLING by the time I finish loosing weight, and my stomach is going to go the same way ..... but you have to ask yourself whether you would prefer to be over 23 stone, mega morbidly obese with diabetes, sleep apnea, chronic rhinitis, asthma, high blood pressure etc etc ...... or a normal weight and able to move and have mobility in your body and life again.

Attachments

• thighs_front.jpg
    thighs_front.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 26
  • thighs_back.jpg
    thighs_back.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 23
  • bingo_wings.jpg
    bingo_wings.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 22
Back