• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

after bypass when did you feel ok to drive

goodbye x

Following a number of complaints, please remember advice given by any members on here is personal advice only - you should listen to your consultant and your insurance company regarding the legalities of driving after your surgery.

Please remember rule number five of the Minimins User Manifesto which you all signed up to:

Trolling/Flaming is not allowed on this forum. If you cannot say something nice do not say anything at all. This means you agree not to flame, taunt, insult, harass or disrespect any user of this forum.

If the name calling - by anyone - continues this thread will be closed.

i drove a week after surgery, but not far, just to the docs down the road.

Is there no one who can drive for you brett? I know this has got nothing to do with bypass op's but i had a hysterectomy (not opened that's as delicate as i can be without mentioning the v word)!!!!!! And the surgeon told me that although he didn't open me up he hadn't realised the damage inside me and i had basically had an open op but closed!!!! does that make sense?????? Anyway because of all the internal stitches i couldn't drive for 6wks as of the pressure you excert on your ligaments/tendons/muscles etc. So as this op is very similar in sensitive stitching i wouldn't like to try and do too much in case you do something to the new workings inside. You have waited such a long time for this op Brett you don't want to go and balls it up (sorry i'm in mother mode now lol) You need to look after yourself you really do!!!!!

Is there no one who can drive for you brett? I know this has got nothing to do with bypass op's but i had a hysterectomy (not opened that's as delicate as i can be without mentioning the v word)!!!!!! And the surgeon told me that although he didn't open me up he hadn't realised the damage inside me and i had basically had an open op but closed!!!! does that make sense?????? Anyway because of all the internal stitches i couldn't drive for 6wks as of the pressure you excert on your ligaments/tendons/muscles etc. So as this op is very similar in sensitive stitching i wouldn't like to try and do too much in case you do something to the new workings inside. You have waited such a long time for this op Brett you don't want to go and balls it up (sorry i'm in mother mode now lol) You need to look after yourself you really do!!!!!

Oh. My. God. How did the baby get out if you had a ceasarian but not opened? How does that work?

Brett, you have just asked a question so you have nothing to apologise for! Just please take it easy after op. Take advice from Doc.

Brett has already said hes booked the train just incase ;)

Oh. My. God. How did the baby get out if you had a ceasarian but not opened? How does that work?

Brett, you have just asked a question so you have nothing to apologise for! Just please take it easy after op. Take advice from Doc.
i had my babies in the normal way but i had my uterus taken away and my tubes and things lol

i have booked coaches cheaper that way ... and think its for the best. dont want to be ill or cause any danger.

just means i have to sit on a coach 7 hrs im sure i will be fine ,

thanks for all the advice x

Brett get some tunes plugged in you will be there before you know it. if yesturdays delays are anything to go by i would of hated to of been sat in the car for as long as i was 2 weeks post bypass nevermind 5 days, at least you will be ably to move about on yr seat on the coach.
bont forget a good book and plenty of fluids.
carole

driving

hi brett i have just read this whole thread and everyone has a valid point to make,i just wanted to tell you a short story.i attended my surgeons six week post op appointment about six weeks ago i was still feeling a bit ropey myself anyway i met a lady who had her bypass last september,after eight days she felt well enough to drive the three miles to her local town through no fault of her own she had to hit the brakes no accident she went about her buisness and went home.about six hours later she felt very unwell and her hubby took her to a&e,five weeks later she came home after surgury to re stich her stiches two blood transfusions and feeling bloody rough.her exact words to me were :i waited three years for this op and because i could not wait a few weeks endangered my own life which was madness and has put me back months: i am not trying to preach to you,you must make up your own mind just be carefull.

very valid point eggbat its a danger/risk ppl choose to take, and some ppl pay highly for taking that risk.

liz x

yea so decided against driving ... thanks liz hun .. and everyone else.. best think about my health and other stuff .. x

Back