• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All done and dusted!!

truffle♥

Well i've had my op on wednesday. Gotta say I've felt pretty ropey since. this morning i tried a bit of smoothie but since have had waves of nausea. But im really glad its all over and i can get on with the business of loosing weight:) xx

woohoo! welcome to the losers bench Truffle, good luck :) xxx

Welcome to the post op side truffle. The nausea bit will hopefully subside quicky., T xxx

Well done truffle and good luck on your new journey x

Glad to hear your op went ok :) I had mine fitted yesterday and just got home this morning. We're on the losers bench now :)

Shout if you want to chat or anything anytime!

Kat x

Good luck truffle and top kat!!! Get ready to ride the rollercoaster but it will be worth it... I'm 9 days out and am feeling 90% so it does get better!! Happy liquids... lol x

Congrats and welcome to the losers bench, hope you're feeling better soon
Em xxx

Congratulations :) x

Congrats. You are probably feeling yukky due to the anaesastic still in your system. It can stay in for a few days. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Thanks Ladies, ive got to say ive just had the worst 24 hours ever!! The nausea turned into to heaving andretching and didnt stop all day. The nurse from the hospital rang and i told her, she said to get in touch with gp or a&e. My mom had some antisickness tablets so luckily it didnt come to that. Feeling better this morning but very bruised and battered, just sipping on a cup of tea. Im thinking that i might have caught a bug or something as it was so violent :((

truffle? said:
Thanks Ladies, ive got to say ive just had the worst 24 hours ever!! The nausea turned into to heaving andretching and didnt stop all day. The nurse from the hospital rang and i told her, she said to get in touch with gp or a&e. My mom had some antisickness tablets so luckily it didnt come to that. Feeling better this morning but very bruised and battered, just sipping on a cup of tea. Im thinking that i might have caught a bug or something as it was so violent :((

I was banded on july 27th, exactly same as you with nausea etc then heaving retching eventually So dehydrated ended up in a and e on drip.. As it was late sun night/ mon morning Turned out my 10ml band was 4 ml filled during op and surgeon had to take fluid out... rarely happens but sometimes fluid in band can't be tolerated at first... Please be careful if nausea doesn't subside without meds you may need some attention.... The hospital group were really good and turned out patient care coordinator had experienced exact same thing .. It's like band is too tight .... Hope you feel better... Must say once band wAs aspirated it was like somebody flipped a switch was instantly better !! Good luck xx

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself im charlotte 24 and 12 days post op ive spent days looking through everyones posts and i must say although i already know the decision to have a band put in was the right one reading how well people do makes me even more sure : ) im currently on my puree stage and im feeling great and excited to start my journey. I feel like this will power i never knew i had has just come out of nowhere i even baked cakes with my little boy today for the family and wasnt even tempted by them. The things i thought i would miss the most havent even phased me : D im not going to b weighing myself until i am 4 weeks post op and go bk to the hospital for my follow up but did get my mum to measure my waist yesterday and have already lost 2 inches so very pleased with that. I have a problem with my spine since having my son 3 yrs ago and will need an operation sooner or later but by loosing some weight im hoping this is going to be later. Sorry if ive rambled on just would love to get to kno people who are in similar positions to me hope to spk to u all very soon : D charlie xxx

Nice to meet you Charlie, i feel recovered now thank goodness! Im looking forward to my journey now that im feeling better.Im defo looking forward to the puree stage, one thing i am missing is chewing gum though i was pretty addicted to it following giving up smoking !

Hi truffle.
Glad to hear ur recovered and ready to kick weightloss' ass : ) congrats on giving up smoking too must b taking extra willpower not having ur chewing gum seen as tho its wot u replaced cigarettes with! Im lovin breakfast every morning hot weetabix yum yum : ) im just for a bit of variety wen it comes to ideas for teatime as im a bit fussy bout the consistency of a normal meal all mushed together but its only for a few more days so ill be fine. Xxx

Back