• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All done yipeee

Hi all

Well I'm still on a high from today really and the pre-op diet is better than I thought it was I can have sugar free cordial too lol - such a bonus.

The dietician told me that Mr Brough does a very restrictive pre-op diet but it really works well because the liver is really good after sticking to that so thats good news and it will all be worth it. At least it makes it a bit easier for my surgeon.

Was a bit panicked when I got there but was fine after I had all the tests and they were fine.

So all in all everythings good!

Hope your all well x

You poor thing Nic, you must be starving, are you finding it hard?
That 5lbs loss must have really spurred you on though, that's a great loss.
xx

sounds like you had a really positive day Nic :) I have to do a different pre-op which is convuluted lol so starting tomorrow.

The next two weeks are going to fly by!

Glad to hear today went well Nic, you sound like you are doing well on the pre-op diet too!

I think those of us that are on it should have a competition as to how much water/squash/coffee etc we get through in a day, I am starting to feel like a fish:D

You poor thing Nic, you must be starving, are you finding it hard?
That 5lbs loss must have really spurred you on though, that's a great loss.
xx

Hiya
No I'm not to be honest cos I'm drinking lots of water and worse thing was today I had a sugar free jelly with me to take to work and with the heat it blooming melted lol

xxx

sounds like you had a really positive day Nic :) I have to do a different pre-op which is convuluted lol so starting tomorrow.

The next two weeks are going to fly by!

Hi Shell, yes are you doing the one they give to Mr Agwunobi's patients instead?

It was a positive day until I had a run in with the car salesman for my new car..... cheeky is not the word but anyway weight loss wise yes it was thanks. Glad yours went well too and looks like you won't have to swab name tags lol.
x

Glad to hear today went well Nic, you sound like you are doing well on the pre-op diet too!

I think those of us that are on it should have a competition as to how much water/squash/coffee etc we get through in a day, I am starting to feel like a fish:D

LOL great idea, how are you doing? Quite suprised that its not bothered me (as yet)! Only two weeks so we'll all do well.
xx

Hi Shell, yes are you doing the one they give to Mr Agwunobi's patients instead?

It was a positive day until I had a run in with the car salesman for my new car..... cheeky is not the word but anyway weight loss wise yes it was thanks. Glad yours went well too and looks like you won't have to swab name tags lol.
x

aye :) well she said its the one the other two surgeons use so presume so. Can't have everything on it, and have to do the clear fluids at the end for 4 days instead of 2, but I'm feeling really positive again today :)

Not sure still if it's a good thing i won't need to swap wristbands :rolleyes:

aye :) well she said its the one the other two surgeons use so presume so. Can't have everything on it, and have to do the clear fluids at the end for 4 days instead of 2, but I'm feeling really positive again today :)

Not sure still if it's a good thing i won't need to swap wristbands :rolleyes:

LOL well it doesn't really bother me when I get done in the day as long as it's done, will have my DS Lite with me to keep me occupied and will text everyone lol (be warned Mandy, Ali and Georgina lol)

Just been reading your story... I can really relate to just wanting the stares and comments to stop. I got abuse at work just the other night due to my size, and I sat there, nearly in tears, thinking 'Why can't my op date just come through so I can get away from all of this?!!!'

Next thing I know, there's a call on my answerphone the following afternoon to call Mr Somers secretary... I do... and I have my pre-op and op date!!! :D

Am really happy for you, and wish you all the best for the future... which I know will be a much slimmer one ;):p

x

PS can I ask what your pre-op diet is?

Just been reading your story... I can really relate to just wanting the stares and comments to stop. I got abuse at work just the other night due to my size, and I sat there, nearly in tears, thinking 'Why can't my op date just come through so I can get away from all of this?!!!'

Next thing I know, there's a call on my answerphone the following afternoon to call Mr Somers secretary... I do... and I have my pre-op and op date!!! :D

Am really happy for you, and wish you all the best for the future... which I know will be a much slimmer one ;):p

x

PS can I ask what your pre-op diet is?

Hey its nice to meet you.

Thats great news and it's so exciting when you get your date. When is it?

My pre-op consists of Bovril or Oxo, sugar free jelly, black tea and coffee, water, sugar free cordial and clear soups. I actually started it on Monday as had my head round it and doing ok so far, it really hasn't bothered me just had a bit of a headache that's all. ;)

Keep in touch hun :p

Glad to hear the pre-op is going well Nic, I am sitting here with yet another pint of squash!!!! Just keep swimming..........

Feel tired today tho, has the tiredness hit you yet or is it just me??

Glad to hear the pre-op is going well Nic, I am sitting here with yet another pint of squash!!!! Just keep swimming..........

Feel tired today tho, has the tiredness hit you yet or is it just me??

Hi Ali

I'm just drowning in water at the mo (forgot to bring my sugar free cordial but not to worry). I've just had a headache to be honest not tired as such as yet but I'm sure that will come.

Your doing well, keep going hun it won't be long

xxx

Hi Nic your doing great and text away!!!!!!!!!! i will be waiting!!!!!!! keep up the good work and positivity

Thanks hun, you might not agree if I text you at 7am on the 16th lol xxxxx

Hey its nice to meet you.

Thats great news and it's so exciting when you get your date. When is it?

Hiya Nic... my pre-op is this Friday and Mr Somers secretary said she will put me in on the 17th for the op :happy036:

Your diet sound's a bit like the one I saw on 'Fat Doctor' - Mr Somers is my surgeon, so I a preparing to search the shops for a veggie sugarfree jelly!!!

Where are you having your op?

x

Hiya Nic... my pre-op is this Friday and Mr Somers secretary said she will put me in on the 17th for the op :happy036:

Your diet sound's a bit like the one I saw on 'Fat Doctor' - Mr Somers is my surgeon, so I a preparing to search the shops for a veggie sugarfree jelly!!!

Where are you having your op?

x

Hiya

I'm having my op at The Regency, Macclesfield with Mr Brough the day before you lol.
Not long to go now xx

Hi Nic,
Well done on your 5lbs weight loss and well done on your pre op diet.
I'm not familar with the pre op diets, only what I have read on here, are you not allowed any solid food at all, this pre op diet sounds really hard. I don't know how you can manage without any sort of real food for 2wks, I would of collasped in a heap on the floor after 4hours due to a sudden sugar drop and I'd still be there now lol:silly::silly:
Take care
Katrina xx

Hi Katrina

You made me laugh then. It is a very restrictive diet but it's ok, think I'm not finding it too hard because I had my head round it last week and I've done Lighter Life before so knew what to expect really.
Two weeks today and I'll of been done (keeping fingers crossed)!

Nic xx

Back