• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All the new attention is screwing with my head

Was just re reading some of my old posts and thought this one deserved an update.

I am now about 12 weeks and 40lbs along from the point I started this thread. I had some very real anxieties at the time about the visibility and attention my operation and initial weight loss was getting me.
I am happy to say this has mostly died away now and people generally ask about all the eye drama I have had with my detached retina now instead. I do however still get comments from people who don't see me to often and although it still feels a little awkward I am now a bit more confident and am able to just thank them and gentle steer the conversation onto other topics. Still can't say I enjoy it but I am coping with it better and am even starting to appreciate it a bit more.

Its just another example of how much the operation has affected me, Its not just a physical change.

Hi Loving the Loop :) Im a really shy person too so i can completely understand where you're coming from when you talk about unwanted attention. It must be tough to be the centre of it. I tend to blush a lot and wish the ground would swallow me up if strangers make conversation lol
I think from reading your posts that you seem like a nice guy and maybe, even if you dont talk to people much because you're shy, that people pick up on that.. and its not that they're just being nosey or that they ever thought about you in a negative way.. but that they're just really happy to see you trying to be happy. I like to think that people that THINK negative thoughts ABOUT you are the kind of people that wouldn't go out of their way to SAY nice things TO you. And although it might make you feel uncomfortable (although its nice to read that its less so recently) they are actually being supportive, trying to show they care about you in their own way and are pleased for you that you're progressing in a way that is obviously working really well for you :)

Back