• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I Boring?

This is a classic example of how food and drink dominate our social lives. You are not boring for not wanting to get so full you feel sick or so smashed that you feel likewise and make a potential ar*e of yourself.

Is your friend aware of the journey you are on? If so, I would suggest there's more than a hint of jealousy and potential sabotage going on.

Ignore such 'friends'.

Best wishes xx

before my wls journey when I went to the pub for a drink with my darts team I use to drink only coke in a normal tall glass then one day some friends said to me why don't I drinks pints.
I then went to the bar after that and ordered a pint of coke......the point being a pint of coke was better for me than a pint of larger.
This can be said for any drink not just strong drinks that make you drunk and the make an idiot of yourself.
Now with being on the pre op diet I have been out only once for a funeral where there was spirits and larger on offer but I stuck to diet coke or fresh orange juice, I also only had 1 half of a sandwich at the buffet

i was told not to have diet coke etc in the pre op diet as it's fizzy , but every hospital gives different advise :)

my diet sheet said I could have diet fizzy but if poss to cut them out totally

there reason they tell you not to have diet fizzy before the operation is because post op you wont be able to drink fizzy stuff as it fills up your pouch. i dont know if this is a long term thing... hopefully someone can answer that... but fizzy is defo a no no, so best get used to not having it before the op xx

truth be told I prefer fresh orange or apple juice now a days or even flavoured water

Again this seems to be something hospitals don't agree on, some say not at all, some say leave it till its no longer fizzy. Realistically, having gone cold turkey, I can understand how a diet coke/pepsi max addiction can mess with getting to know your pouch and recognising your hunger signals, but could also guess that two years after bypass its probably not going to kill you.

Hi Tracey,
I'm sure your friend didn't realise how important it is for you to shrink your liver at present. I got told by the nurse during my pre-op I was boring! (don't drink/smoke/take 'recreational' drugs)
I see we are having our operations on the same day - Good luck, looking forward to sharing your journey

xx

I am at present on my pre-op diet as I am due to have my surgery on 09/01/12 so whilst out last night celebrating NYE I was only drinking water, but was accused by a 'friend' that I was boring because I wasn't eating or drinking!! Left me feeling on a real downer especially as up until then I was so positive about the surgery and pleased with myself for sticking to the diet. Didn't let it deter me and still kept away from the food on offer! Feel let down by their attitude today :(

Boring? nope sensible, responsible, committed, resolute, yep all of those but boring, no way

Well done you and best of luck going forward

i always drunk a lot of diet coke pre-op, not been to a pub since ive had the op..so its gonna be strange not knowing what to drink lol... i think i will be safe and have bottled water or a fresh orange and ask them to dilute it with some water xx

Just Take no notice of them. and well done for staying on the programme.

Yvessa said:
Again this seems to be something hospitals don't agree on, some say not at all, some say leave it till its no longer fizzy. Realistically, having gone cold turkey, I can understand how a diet coke/pepsi max addiction can mess with getting to know your pouch and recognising your hunger signals, but could also guess that two years after bypass its probably not going to kill you.

I have a friend who is 2 years out and she has a half of a coke every once in awhile. I don't think I would want to take a chance of it stretching the pouch.

dont listen to them ya done brill i hate it when ppl say ya boring just cause you dont want drink x

Back