• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And my journey starts....

Thanks kat!
All good so far, sat here with my sexy green stockings on but have to wait for quite a bit yet as it doesn't look like I'm going down till after 5pm... I'm getting very hungry now as my last coffee was at 7am and had no breakfast... :-( lol x

Just realised iv lost nearly a stone (5kgs) on my pre op... WAHOOOO!! My surgeon is very pleased with me... lol
So...
pre pre-op weight was 128.5kg
Post pre-op weight is 122.3kg

Its just the start but I'm over the moon!!! :-D

Well done x

Well I survived.. I'm a couple of hours out of surgery, feeling very sleepy and like iv taken a few punches to my ribs from tyson but overall I'm doing ok... will keep you all posted with as much info as I can along the way xx

Yep, take it easy, but try to move around, to help reduce the wind ... Which is likely to be on its way in the next few days x

Good luck wishing you a speedy recovery , I found day 2/3 too be the worse, but you may not get the dreaded wind pain :( xxxxxx

Well I'm not feeling to bad apart from the tenderness where my port has gone in feels like iv had a good kicking... lol
But I'm up in the chair having a coffee which tastes like heaven after 24hrs nil by mouth... could sleep for England if they let me but I'm having a wash and getting dressed soon so indulgent sleep will have to wait lol x

Hope your feeling better soon, be interesting to see how u get on im 8 days post op and still in a good lot of pain. not sure if its normal....

What sort of pain is it hun?? My wounds are ok just a little tender but gave got a but of wind now under my ribs and in my back. Just been for a walk with the nurse and although a little breathless I feel ok. I'm keeping everything crossed it stays like this but I'm not counting on it... what is hurting you lastchance? xx

It's like a dull ache in my back and a pain around my port area. I'm uncomfortable all the time x

Its weird that we all have different pains... iv got a stitch like feeling under my port but that's it... make sure you rest plenty but iv your not happy ring your provider and get it checked out. Who is your provider? X
Iv just got home and plan on having a very very quiet afternoon!!! Lol x

Day 3 post op and I could do with some advice...
Feeling ok but I am having the wind pain which seems to be rolling around my tummy and my left shoulder... its manageable with the pain killers but I'm really struggling to take them... I have a very sensitive gag reflex (insert your own innuendo...lol) and really hate drinking the soluble paracetamol, did anyone take anything else as painkiller???
Also "food" wise I'm just not interested... is this normal? I forced a slim fast down yesterday (half for breakfast half for lunch) and had a couple of coffees but I am just not hungry... I don't want to ruin my recovery but I also don't want to eat unnecessarily... any advice/comments would be gratefully received! Wendy x

Best thing I can say is try too keep mobile and keep your mind occupied as other wise ur mind starts playing tricks , wind pain turns in too think I'm gonna die this can't be normal etc(which by the way is only wind pain your not gonna die) plus if u keep mobile your wind will shift I found day 2/3 too be the worse I used dissolve able para and codene , but if u can't take it all I can say is try calpol 6 plus , hope u feel better soon xx

You could try mixing the calpol with a bit of slim fast etc maybe it would go down better xx

Totally normal I had zero appetite for about ten days.... Wind pain was relieved by hot water bottle and took soluble boots codeine and paracetamol ... Does get better but is hard at min I know.... Rest, walk, rest, sip hot water (makes u burp!!) rest ........ You've been through a gen anaesthetic and surgery be kind to yourself xxxxxx

peppermint cordial in hot water works wonders on the wind and swing your arms round like a mad women it does shift it.

Lol thanks mimi... will give it a go when no ones looking!
Lost half a stone since Tuesday so very very pleased, makes any little pains well worth it! :-D x

Hi Wendy, just to add to what girls have said, I had wind pain set in from day 3 after op and I'm now day 15 and can still feel it, although very mild. I worried too much about mine because it felt really bad at times. It is horrid but it is just wind pain and it does eventually go away. I didn't have much of an appetite until day 8 or 9, but it has returned now so having to do self control until my first fill!! Wishing you a speedy windy recovery!! Tracey xxx

2 stone in 3 weeks!!!! I can't believe it... =-O
I lost a stone in the 2wk pre op diet and I'm 1wk post op and have lost another stone...!! I know it's not always going to be like this but it really helps get my head around the wind and the tiredness!!! Felt so good yesterday when I got up so did loads with the kids but that resulted in a horrible stitch like pain under my left rib and down my left side and my stomach swelled right back up... did anyone else ever have this??

Back