• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey

Alexandra410

Well folks that's me had my band near on a year and to date I have lost 9st 3 lbs and went from dress size 22/24 to 8/10 the transformation is fab I have so much energy now, don't feel tired anymore it's like a new lease of life, I have reduced medication by more than half so to all you out there who wander if it's worth it YES it is I never thought for one moment I could do it buy hey I did and feel proud of myself . When I first went to see my surgeon he told me I would be half my size but I thought oh yeah don't think so as inside you have tried all the fad diets going and always piled on the weight again so don't trust yourself to believe it can happen, well like I said it's taken me nearly a year and no it's not been an easy fix as a lot of people think I spent the first 2/3 months hanging my head down the toilet not pleasant and to this day still get a lot of port discomfort but ask me again would I go through it all over again YES so I hope all you that are waiting or thinking about it GO FOR IT your life will change for the better good luck all .

well done alexandra, thats amazing!!!!! :) xxx

kelley77 said:
Wow! So amazing! I hope to be half as successful as you a year down the line. Well done xx

Me too kelley. Band being fitted today...yikes!! x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

well you all are my inspirations i am going private and god its all gone so quick... Rome was built in a day!!!
I rung up for a consultation which is on tues 1st Nov and i have already paid the £500 deposit and have a op date of 8th Nov so i am now doing the cambridge diet till then? think thats ok....? i just need to sit down and think about things has i only thought about the band on mon?? the Hospital Group just seemed to be wanting my money but hey done now. nice to meet you all x

Well the day has come for my consultation Can't wait to see somebody face to face, after paying my deposit and booking my surgery date, can't understand how I have only got a week to shrink my liver wen I have read everybody having at least two... Anyway answers today .

i only had to do it for a week as i had a small BMI (37.2). Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

wow - I had to do my LRD for a month (4 weeks!)

But thank you Alexandra, have had a bit of a weight-plateau atm and not been losing much and started wondering if it was ever going to get moving again, but you've been a great inspiration! Going to keep doing my food diary, lots of walking, going to the gym and above all will try to keep positive. I started at a 24/26 and I'm now a 20 which is a huge difference but I'm impatient to get down to the "normal sizes" *grin*

Slow and steady wins the race, eh? :)

Back